News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

The white background promo image is hugely unflattering. If I were working from that alone I wouldn't have the figure on my to buy list. It would be a definite avoid.

Pliosaurking

I agree the white background doesn't do this figure any favours, gald there is some photos both in hand and outside in natural lighting of this beautiful figure.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on January 28, 2023, 03:01:53 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 28, 2023, 01:25:58 PMA day on, and my position has firmed from "could be tempted" to a definite decision to buy.  Thank you, avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson, for giving us something so pleasing to the eye.

I find that with most Safari figure reveals, they look better as time goes on. They just manage to grow on you.
To me, I find the same phenomenon occurring. Maybe it's the obvious fact that they are highly accurate, yet unassuming in a relatively conservative, scientific way, avoiding outlandish colors and poses and garish, absurd interpretations (yes, you Papo). They do just "grow " on one.

Shane

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 28, 2023, 04:12:55 PMI can adapt for this guy, though it is just as large as the JW figure!

I don't have the Jurassic World figure in my hand right now, but I can pretty confidently state the Safari figure is not as large as the JW figure.

From what I've been able to glean from the Dino Toy Blog review and other sources, the Mattel Majunga is 12.5 inches long.

The Safari figure is a full 2 inches shorter in length. Plus it is also much shorter in height obviously, due to the more accurate proportions.

It's not a huge beast the size of the Safari Feathered Rex, it's basically on par with the recent Safari Allosaurus and Carnotaurus.

Shane

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 28, 2023, 04:44:47 PMI agree the white background doesn't do this figure any favours, gald there is some photos both in hand and outside in natural lighting of this beautiful figure.

White background photos are notoriously difficult to capture accurate, neutral colors on a figure.

However, they are necessary for a lot of reasons. Many retailers require such photos, and they are also easier to "cut out" to composite into other images.

This is why Safari provides as many "lifestyle" photos as possible to also show the figure in more natural lighting to give a more accurate view.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Shane

As I've already mentioned, reveals will not be happening weekly, and items will continue to be announced throughout the year.

If you're checking every Friday, expect disappointment.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on February 03, 2023, 02:51:58 PMAs I've already mentioned, reveals will not be happening weekly, and items will continue to be announced throughout the year.

If you're checking every Friday, expect disappointment.

TheCambrianCrusader

I already liked this fella from the release image but the in hand photos are lovely.
Doug never disappoints ;D 

profnik

I saw the wild safari prehistoric world of Majungasaurus so I'm saving for my birthday on July 16  :D

:D
I hope some of safari ltd prehistoric collection 2023 releasing more soon.

Flaffy

I hope we get some new reveals soon. Almost a month since the previous one.

suspsy

Pretty sure Shane said the reveals would be spaced well out. I'm thinking the next one won't be till the spring at least.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

Dino scream said he's doing a reveal for a company later the week, which could and hopefully will be safari. I'm not saying that it's definitely safari but its definitely possible.

SpartanSquat

Where he said that? Im seeing his youtube channel and nothing appears

Pliosaurking

His latest video he said it right at the end. I'm not saying it is definitely a reveal for safari, but hopefully.

Ludodactylus

Until seeing this figure I had no idea Majungasaurus was so... sausage-shaped. I think this is going to be a must-get for me.

Fingers crossed for a Plateosaurus later this year!
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Shane

There will be a reveal pretty soon. I think March.

SpartanSquat

Next week is march, so we are really close

SpartanSquat

suspsy

Could also be Utahceratops. Or Teratophoneus. Or any number of dinosaurs found in Utah.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: