News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Oh yes, I'm liking this!  Utahraptor or Utahceratops would both be wonderful, I think.  I doubt it's going to be something else as the association with Utah doesn't seem strong enough to use that as a hint of what the figure could be.  I'm preparing myself to be very happy with what's going to be revealed by Safari soon!

Gwangi

I feel like if they're using the state of Utah as a teaser then the figure is almost definitely Utahraptor. If I were a betting man that's where I would place my money. Utahceratops is a strong possibility too. I would welcome either of them, it has been a long time since we got a Doug Watson ceratopsian.

I did not receive a review sample for this one so don't bother taking my comment as any kind of confirmation.

Lynx

Utahraptor would be a very safe guess.
1. Safari LTD made an inaccurate (in almost every way) Utahraptor in the past
2. Said Utahraptor has also been retired for a long while
3. Almost all other 'old versions' of Safari models have been redone.
4. No other company (before you say BOTM, it hasn't released yet and it's kind of in its own lane) has released a good Utahraptor as of this writing.

An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Also wanna point out that in the GIF they used, it went down to 'NO' at the very end.
EDIT: not tryna deny anything, just pointing it out as it may-or-may-not be a prehistoric creature
An oversized house cat.

Ludodactylus

I'd love for them to pull a switcheroo and give us a Falcarius.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

suspsy

Quote from: Ludodactylus on February 28, 2023, 10:48:34 PMI'd love for them to pull a switcheroo and give us a Falcarius.

I'd be down for that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

Based on the hints I'd say it's probably Utahraptor or possibly Utahceratops. Hopefully it's one of these.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ludodactylus on February 28, 2023, 10:48:34 PMI'd love for them to pull a switcheroo and give us a Falcarius.

Or Utaurora!

Although I agree Utahraptor is most likely.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CarnotaurusKing

Or a Utah prairie dog  :P ?

Would personally prefer a Utahraptor though. Wouldn't mind a Teratophoneus, Akainacephalus, Hippodraco or Falcarius, either.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Lynx on February 28, 2023, 10:07:50 PMAlso wanna point out that in the GIF they used, it went down to 'NO' at the very end.

I have been thinking about this and don't know what to expect honestly.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh, i would love a Utahraptor from Safari and from Doug. We'll see. In the end it is something completely different like "Have fun with this Stokesosaurus!" Which would be quite cool i guess, but rather unlikely :D

I really hope for a huge Featherboi. With a closed Mouth. :0

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think Utahraptor is the most likely candidate. I can't think of any modern animal that would be associated with Utah specifically. Utahceratops would be nice since we haven't gotten a Doug ceratopsid in a while, but I don't see it happening seeing as some of the ceratopsids were retired recently. The 2020 deinonychus is everything I'd want in a dromeosaur figure, but I'd still be interested in a utahraptor if Safari is coming out with one.

It's kind of interesting if this is indeed another prehistoric piece. I would imagine that Safari would want to announce a wildlife or fantasy model next instead of two dinosaurs in a row.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

Man I've been wanting a Utahraptor from Safari for like I don't know how many years now. Quite a while in any case. I'd probably be fine with something else too, but that is definitely at the top of my list atm.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

Oooo, living in Utah now makes me more curious! Seems to at least be prehistoric based on Safari's response to someone's ask.

I am hoping Utahceratops only because we have been waiting too long for a Watson ceratopsian, right avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi;D

TheCambrianCrusader

I feel like Utahraptor is probably the safest choice and what I would be most excited for, tho a Utahceratops would be great too. Haven't had a Doug ceratopsian since the Styracosaurus.

Flaffy

I could've sworn Dinoscreamreviews said that they were doing a reveal for a company at the end of last week... Does anyone know if that actually happened or not?

A part of me suspects it's related to Safari's latest teaser though.

Pliosaurking

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I recall him saying that although there hasn't been one as of now.

SpartanSquat

Utahraptor has more possibilities, last time, safari released a utahraptor was in the 90s!. So its time to update it. Utahceratops would be cool, doug is a master in ceratopsians. But imho, I would prefferd a kosmoceratops, chasmosaurus or torosaurus.

Ludodactylus

Given the number of tyrannosaur releases over the past couple of years, Teratophoneus might not be a bad guess either.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Pliosaurking on February 28, 2023, 11:31:12 PMBased on the hints I'd say it's probably Utahraptor or possibly Utahceratops. Hopefully it's one of these.

A new ceratopsian by Doug would be nice!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: