News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thanks. Will hunt when I'm home!

Quote from: Kei on February 22, 2023, 03:02:06 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I got it from a local supplier where I live - but he told me there are plenty more on Aliexpress - all you have to search for is "Round Animal Studio Dinosaur" and they should pop up  :D

Carnoking

That thing is adorable. I believe they've made other infants as well? I remember seeing a Parasaurolophus that looked quite cute as well!

Kei

From what I've seen they have 2 sets of these round dinos

Set 1 consists of a Parasaurolophus, Brachiosaurus & Tyrannosaurus

Set 2 contains a Velociraptor, Triceratops & Ankylosaurus

;) I'll most likely collect all of these guys as well since they don't take quite as much space as other dinosaur toys.

Roselaar

The hunt for 2023 JW figures continues. Slow going, but very worthwhile!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kei on February 22, 2023, 01:44:25 PMWell this one is an unusual purchase from me, but how could you resist this stinkin' cute little guy

As far as I know, this is from a Chinese brand called "Round Animal Studio"

The sculpting and detail is unnecessarily amazing.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Kei on February 22, 2023, 01:44:25 PM

Saw these too. Very cute indeed. Congrats and I'll be looking forward to more pictures from you then, if you're planning on picking up the other ones too.  ^-^

CityRaptor

Sure, we all thrive for realism and/or coolness, but it is the cute little guys we fall for.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleo Flo

Chibi-Factor 5  ;D  Very cute indeed
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Roselaar

Scored some new Collectasaurs and Safarisaurs from my local dino dealer:

Also, received these beauties in the mail at last!

Sim

In a previous post in this thread I commented on how I'd received the largest box of prehistoric animal figures for me.  Well, yesterday I received the heaviest.  Inside it was the following:

1. Safari Prestosuchus.  I'm happy to have one that's painted well enough!

2. BotM 1:18 Linheraptor.  I'm happy to have one that's painted well enough of this figure too.  It's a superb little figure, the pins and joints seem to disappear on these 1:18 BotM dromaeosaurids.  I'm very impressed by them!

3. PNSO Suchomimus.  It's superb.

4. PNSO Kronosaurus.  I was very excited to get it but once I got it I was not as impressed by it as I thought I would be.  I still like it and am happy to have it, I just don't like it as much as I was expecting to.  I like how its skin is done a lot, smooth but with subtle texture.  CollectA could improve their non-mosasaur marine reptiles if they restored the skin like PNSO's Kronosaurus.  Dinosdragons on Youtube expressed wanting a bigger Kronosaurus model from PNSO, but I don't agree with that.  PNSO's Kronosaurus is the right size for me.  If one wants a bigger Kronosaurus there's the Wild Safari and CollectA versions.  Interestingly, the PNSO Kronosaurus's dentition doesn't match the Eiectus specimens so I wonder if the PNSO figure represents the very incomplete Kronosaurus holotype?  It's been pointed out that the Toolebuc Formation Kronosaurus specimens could be dstinct from Eiectus, and that's where the Kronosaurus holotype is from.

5. PNSO Therizinosaurus.  It's a seriously impressive figure.  Therizinosaurus and Zhuchengtyrannus are so incomplete that I wouldn't have wanted figures of them, but PNSO has made them so well I don't have a problem with them!  The hand claws of the PNSO Therizinosaurus are sharp though, I pricked myself on them a few times!

6. PNSO Deinocheirus.  This figure is outstanding.  I'm very impressed by it.  It deserves its position as figure of the year.  The feathers on it and the PNSO Therizinosaurus are done so well I want more feathered dinosaurs by PNSO!  They've improved since their large Microraptor!  I also don't have a problem with Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus having feathers when they are done as well as the PNSO versions.  Although it is a bit strange they have feathers while the PNSO Tarbosaurus doesn't.  While PNSO's Therizinosaurus has filamentous feathers consistent with those of Beipiaosaurus, PNSO's Deinocheirus has pennaceous feathers which those of Dromiceiomimus might or might not have been.  I'm okay with PNSO's choice though.

7. PNSO Torosaurus.  I'm only interested in the adult, which is a very good figure.

ceratopsian

Like you avatar_Sim @Sim, a PNSO Therizinosaurus and Suchomimus arrived today. Both are mighty impressive figures. As you say, the feathering is extremely well done. The Therizinosaurus looks almost iridescent in the afternoon sun.

They came with a pack of BotM nestling Diabloceratops triplets. Only one has so far been "hairdryered"!

Fembrogon

It seems today was a busy day for us collectors!

This haul just arrived from Dejankins; it was something of an impulse buy while I had Edmontosaurus on the mind (guess we were on the same page, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar!). This is a great Edmonto for sure; honestly the green "pattern" is the only real qualm, but everything else makes this figure well worth it.

AcroSauroTaurus

A few new additions.
PNSO Miragaia

PNSO Pachycephalosaurus

PNSO Suchomimus

PNSO Centrosaurus

Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Ludodactylus

Great additions - the PNSO Miragaia and Centrosaurus are both favorites of mine.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

SidB

After weighing the arguments back and forth on the TNG thread, and concluding that the pros get it right, taking one thing with another, I decided to take the plunge and order the five Cenozoic mammals. Here are the first two, the Stegodon and Wooly Mammoth, which are now joining my proboscidean collection. I'm really impressed with the quality of detail and general production values with these two figures.

Some comparisons with the Eofauna figures in my collection:

Keep in mind that the Steppe Mammoth is 1/40 and the Wooly Mammoth is 1/35.

SidB

As a bonus, I'll add this shot of the TNG Wooly at 1/35, over against the old 1/40 Safari Wooly Mammoth with two youngsters:

Paleo Flo

Awesome hauls! Everytime I see the CollectA Edmontosaurus I am that close to order it!  ;D
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Kei

Very nice haul AcroSauroTaurus & SidB  :D - I also have a TNG Wooly Mammoth coming over to my place soon.

I think this is my favorite acquisition from Round Animal Studio so far - Meet Bumpy  ;)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Kei on February 27, 2023, 11:58:55 AMI think this is my favorite acquisition from Round Animal Studio so far - Meet Bumpy  ;)

,,Totes adorbs" I think would be a fitting expression here if I was under 20 and my favourite coffee would be Starbucks.  ;)

Sim

I've obtained two new figures recently.

First is the BotM Chasmosaurus.  This is what made me aware that most BotM figures are too big for me and that 1:35 versions would be better for me.  I'm not keeping the 1:18 BotM Chasmosaurus.

Second is the Safari Plesiosuchus.  I decided I wanted it and couldn't find it anywhere.  I went to the end of the Internet search results for "safari plesiosuchus" and found a website that still had it.  It was the last result of the Google search!  My first thought upon seeing the Plesiosuchus in person was how good and crisp it looks!  I wasn't expecting that!  Photos and videos of it that I'd seen didn't make it look as good and copies I saw tended to be sloppily painted.  The one I received is painted well and I'm very happy to have it! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: