News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Kei

Looks like I also got what SenSx was getting  :))  This Albino Spino caught my eye not too long ago but boy am I glad I got it.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I recently got a package from a Friend, i only know from a Chat and Discord. A really interesting guy, that happend to make a trip to Japan and Thailand for a few Weeks. So as he is in Japan, and we talk about the trip, we happen to talk about Dinosaur Figures, lel. of course it is known in the Chat, that i am collecting Dinosaur Figures and am in general interested in prehistoric Animals.

So i mention Kaiyodo Figures and how they are really good, but hard to aquire in Germany and often really hefty priced. Of course we have the great Brett that is able to do such work for People here.

So he found out that he is near to the Kaiyodo Museum and so he travels there, drops a Load of great and interesting Pictures on my and also got 3 Packs of Figures for me. Moreover he made a really nice Video where he got a typical Kaiyodo Ball out of a Machine and it was a Ornithomimus, he has as a reminder to this Trip. These Figures/Boxes travelled from Japan to Thailand. Through trips around Thailand, then to germany and finally in a Box from the South of Germany to my Place in the North. I wanted to share this small personal Story on how i got these new three Kaiyodos.

And man, i love that grex T. rex. What a fantastic Sculpt! Also, i got the Quetz twice now, so i finally can make a Base and a repaint for this guy. Such a great Figure.

The tiny Note is from him and since he was afraid it is not good enough, i will happily share it with all of you here in the Internet, hehe.

Oh, i also recently got the Safari Pteranodon l. I guess a Picture is not neccesary :D

ceratopsian

That's a wonderful tale - thanks for telling us avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs.  Tales of kindness  within an hobby always create a warm glow!

SidB

End of the parade of TNG Cenozoic mammals (it's been a short one - five), the Smilodon. This figure is much larger than the first four (1/35), being in scale with most standard Sabre-tooth cat figures.

With the latest CollectA Smilodon:

This is a fine, detailed, quality figure, in a welcome, but unconventional pose. This concludes my TNG acquisitions.

Blackdanter

Three smaller 2022 Bandai Spirits Ichiban-Kuji lottery prize figures.

Tyrannosaurus.

Triceratops.

Brachiosaurus.

Bandai seem to have moved away from PVC for their figures. These now seem to be a solid type of Acrylic which is denser and heavier than PVC.

Blackdanter

Bandai Spirits 2022 Ichiban-Kuji large acrylic lottery prize figures.

Tyrannosaurus (Vers.2).

Spinosaurus.

I was initially quite shocked at the postage cost to get these here (UK) from Japan but, on receiving them, it became apparent quite quickly that they are solid, heavy figures. Nether the less, it was far cheaper to get them this way than buying from Ebay where the prices are just ridiculous on Japanese items.

Both of these figures were available in two colourways. I chose the darker versions of each as they appealed to me more.

The figures have been issued in two waves. There is another sculpt of the large Tyrannosaurus which I've passed on as it looks really odd (like a man in a Rex suit - very bizarre).

Anyway, these are my new favourite thing. The Spinosaurus in particular is a wonderful sculpt.

Kei

Good stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter - I'm actually surprised they're quite well sculpted considering they're Ichiban Kuji prize figures - I'd grab the green Rex if given a chance :))

Speaking of T-Rex - I'd like to proudly present my latest acquisition from De CLAY Studio. If you're wondering why its skin looks familiar, that is because it is based on Sue The Tyrannosaurus from Blue Rhino Studio.

As my vacation days are waning. I'll try my best to take some photos of this gorgeous model before I pack it up and ship it back to Australia.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Kei on March 04, 2023, 10:31:38 AMGood stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter - I'm actually surprised they're quite well sculpted considering they're Ichiban Kuji prize figures - I'd grab the green Rex if given a chance :))

Speaking of T-Rex - I'd like to proudly present my latest acquisition from De CLAY Studio. If you're wondering why its skin looks familiar, that is because it is based on Sue The Tyrannosaurus from Blue Rhino Studio.

As my vacation days are winning. I'll try my best to take some photos of this gorgeous model before I pack it up and ship it back to Australia.

WOW! I followed the process of the making of this beauty on instagram. I love it! I don't collect carnivores but I'm still jealous   ;D O:-)
This is a masterpiece.

Kei

Thank you avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs  ^-^ I'll be sure to update you with some high-quality photos and a proper review soon.

I also believe today is the day when everyone gets their figure shipped out to them. The owner of De CLAY Studio contacted me earlier for my info before shipping it out my way.

Duna

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @Kei OMG I thought for a moment the first picture was of a real toy figure of Sue's statue with her base!!  ;D That would have been an inmediate buy!

Carnoking

Quote from: Kei on March 04, 2023, 10:31:38 AMGood stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter - I'm actually surprised they're quite well sculpted considering they're Ichiban Kuji prize figures - I'd grab the green Rex if given a chance :))

As my vacation days are waning. I'll try my best to take some photos of this gorgeous model before I pack it up and ship it back to Australia.

That is amazing. Absolute dream figure

SidB

Yes, congratulations, avatar_Kei @Kei , for this outstanding acquisition. Good for you!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, avatar_Kei @Kei! What a Figure!

Kei

Thank you all for the kind words - Here are some more photos of Sue's head.

SRF

That looks absolutely stunning avatar_Kei @Kei. Congratulations on your purchase!

I saw this model on Instagram. There is also a version with the mouth closed which I really liked.
But today, I'm just being father

Fembrogon

Splendid acquisitions, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter and avatar_Kei @Kei!
I must agree that the Spinosaurus sculpt looks like a standout. Japan seems to have embraced the new era of Spinosaurus discoveries wholeheartedly.
That "Sue" model looks amazing! I hadn't heard of it before, but this clearly looks like one of the best T. rex models to date.

TooOldForDinosaurs

SidB

After these wonderful T-rex and other acquisitions above (congratulations avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter and avatar_Kei @Kei ), here's something a lot more humble and a sharp change of pace. The figures below, of resin Cenozoic mammals, complete my collection of Mike Eischen's 1/35 scale figures. All are, for the time being at least, unpainted. You can see and learn more about them at avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) 's website. Acquiring extinct mammals in this scale is challenging, so these were most welcome additions.

Moropus

Equus (1/32)

Doedicurus

Homotherium

Smilodon

Paleo Flo

As my vacation days are waning. I'll try my best to take some photos of this gorgeous model before I pack it up and ship it back to Australia

An awesome Rex! Congrats!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: