You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ancestors Models - new for 2023 (teaser)

Started by Halichoeres, January 04, 2023, 06:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Edit January 2024: It seems to be unwise to order these; while some buyers have received these, others have reported that the Ancestors team has been unresponsive after collecting payment. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Maybe this should go in the Kits section because I think their products can be bought unpainted, but anyway Ancestors posted this teaser image recently.

I believe they are, clockwise from top left:
Tlatolophus
Carnotaurus?
Columbian mammoth?
Denversaurus?
and maybe Allosaurus at center

Tlatolophus pre-order:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Thanks for sharing this; I fell off of updating the 2022 thread and was probably not going to continue much further. It's cool to see this little company trucking on, though.

Renecito

They mentioned long time ago something about a Denversaurus and a columbian mammoth.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: Renecito on January 04, 2023, 06:33:13 PMThey mentioned long time ago something about a Denversaurus and a columbian mammoth.
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 04, 2023, 10:18:08 PMcenter looks like Allo
I'm trying this new thing where I intentionally include an error in every post to ensure that someone replies.

Just kidding, Columbian mammoth, Denversaurus, and Allosaurus make sense. I'll correct the first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 05, 2023, 05:06:07 PM
Quote from: Renecito on January 04, 2023, 06:33:13 PMThey mentioned long time ago something about a Denversaurus and a columbian mammoth.
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 04, 2023, 10:18:08 PMcenter looks like Allo
I'm trying this new thing where I intentionally include an error in every post to ensure that someone replies.

Just kidding, Columbian mammoth, Denversaurus, and Allosaurus make sense. I'll correct the first post.

A Columbian Mammoth and Denversaurus would be amazing! What scale are these, typically?

Halichoeres

Their previous releases have been 1/18 and 1/35, supposedly. I don't actually own any, but to my eye they look to run a bit larger than claimed.

Renecito

Columbian Mammoth 1/35

SidB

Like this Columbian! I would hope that it comes in 1/35 ish.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

shahinos

I think you write them on their insta account, whenever a model is ready to be released.

Renecito

Dusty Wren

I do like the look of the mammoth, but I'm still holding out hope that Eofauna does a Columbian mammoth at some point. I am looking forward to Ancestors releasing their Tlatolophus, though.
Check out my customs thread!

shahinos

Some news from a live show they did on their Facebook page yesterday.

By the end of this month, the idea is to release ten copies of Tlatolophus and four Columbian mammoths. The dinosaur will come in two different colorations, five copies of each. The upcoming months, ten copies of each. The sale will be direct (no pre-sale as previously) and only through their Etsy page. The price for the Tlato will be around 900 Mexican pesos, around 950 for the mammoth (plus shipping, I assume). The idea is to create special editions in the future with bases adorned by various local plants of their respective time.

Meraxes will follow (the silhouette with the keratene ridge). He didn't expect that PNSO would release a Meraxes of their own, a little bit of a bummer. Theirs will be in a different pose than the PNSO though.

Then Denversaurus. All of these until June. Further ahead, hopefully a terror bird when a certain show premiers on Netflix (didn't understand the name of the show).

The idea is to then turn into articulated models. Lots of potential and lots of species not covered by BotM. Probably kickstarter, Tlatolophus will be the first species to go. Five joints in the tail, three in each hind leg, two in each front leg, the torso, maybe a double-jointed in the neck allowing both neck and head to move. The second species one from their current catalogue and the third species up to the public to decide.

In the future, an articulated Hank as well. He also talked about difficulties creating an articulated sail, such as Dimetrodon or Spinosaurus, and that he won't be making species with a sail due to these difficulties.

shahinos

There's a model of their Tlatolophus on their insta account, by the way.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the info, S @shahinos. I knew these were small-batch, but I didn't realize quite how limited they are. Those are tiny numbers!

shahinos

The Tlatolophus is now available for preorder in two different colorings. Send a message to their Facebook page Guanlong store or insta account Ancestors models.

Halichoeres

Pre-orders appear to still be open. I'll add this image to the 1st post.

Concavenator

I actually pre-ordered the black version about 2 hours after the pre-orders were up!  ;D

Expect to see it in my collection thread at some point this year. Very excited to get it, a species I've been wanting to have in my collection ever since the moment I learned of it back in 2021. Will also be my first ever figure from them!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: