News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on March 27, 2023, 07:58:51 PMYeah I still need to pick up that Psittacosaurus. Really hope the Dilong and Zhenyuanlong get the 1/18 scale treatment someday too.

Likewise. I really want to add a Dilong to my collection, but not keen on forking out so much for a colour scheme I'm not a huge fan of, so a smaller cheaper 1/18 ver would be a perfect compromise.

Zhenyuanlong I'm very keen on... assuming it gets the proprotional updates it deserves.

Bread

I noticed that David uses DHL for shipping. I believe this is my first time receiving tracking or package information through DHL. Well... just my luck, one of my orders hasn't updated in the last 4 days.
Anyone else experience no updates from DHL?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on March 29, 2023, 01:15:12 PMI noticed that David uses DHL for shipping. I believe this is my first time receiving tracking or package information through DHL. Well... just my luck, one of my orders hasn't updated in the last 4 days.

DHL is usually the best as far as international shipping goes. It might be just sitting somewhere waiting on customs or processing.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 29, 2023, 04:40:28 PM
Quote from: Bread on March 29, 2023, 01:15:12 PMI noticed that David uses DHL for shipping. I believe this is my first time receiving tracking or package information through DHL. Well... just my luck, one of my orders hasn't updated in the last 4 days.

DHL is usually the best as far as international shipping goes. It might be just sitting somewhere waiting on customs or processing.
The thing is this order is going from state to state. Should be no customs. Not exactly sure why there is this 4 day lack of updates? I've heard positive feedback about DHL, so I don't know why I am dealing with a hiccup?

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread I recall going through something like that with my WWD T. rex. They were also slower making a detour into MD instead of going to PA (from NJ) for some reason. Whereas with USPS (for my Yutyrannus and Guanlong) I got my stuff a lot faster. I can do a bit of digging since I know I posted about it before. Edit: Yep here was my first post when I got the tracking/shipped email, and here is my second post when I got it. From Jan 18th - 23rd when I only live like thee hours away from where it shipped. Whereas with USPS with my two wave 1.5 figures it took from March 9th to the 11th to get to me from NJ to PA.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I also had trouble with them internationally. Went nearly 3 months with no tracking update for a package my friend in Germany sent. We both had to file an investigation with DHL the carrier and USPS the receiver. Funny how it showed up shortly after I got the USPS involved. I believe I posted about in my collection thread a while back.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on March 29, 2023, 05:49:01 PMavatar_Bread @Bread I recall going through something like that with my WWD T. rex. They were also slower making a detour into MD instead of going to PA (from NJ) for some reason. Whereas with USPS (for my Yutyrannus and Guanlong) I got my stuff a lot faster. I can do a bit of digging since I know I posted about it before. Edit: Yep here was my first post when I got the tracking/shipped email, and here is my second post when I got it. From Jan 18th - 23rd when I only live like thee hours away from where it shipped. Whereas with USPS with my two wave 1.5 figures it took from March 9th to the 11th to get to me from NJ to PA.

Wow that is quite an odd wait time for such a small drive time? My order's destination is Florida, but it still has not updated since it left New Jersey. Tomorrow is the expected delivery date, so I'll wait till Friday and go from there about contacting David.

Thanks for the feedback avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon and avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

Of course, my luck! 

Blade-of-the-Moon

The fact they are using USPS is weird in an of itself. Of course my mail lady has been dropping off Fedex and Amazon too, shortly after an Amazon driver has been there already as well.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 30, 2023, 03:29:24 AMThe fact they are using USPS is weird in an of itself. Of course my mail lady has been dropping off Fedex and Amazon too, shortly after an Amazon driver has been there already as well.
Exactly. Strange how many carriers hand it over to USPS, yet shortly before USPS arrives there is another company just down the street dropping off packages.

In other news, luckily my package updated this morning. It arrived at USPS, which again, strange how I had no updates these last 4 days.

I wanted to provide some images of David's collection he had posted on instagram. For context, he had posted a previous video showing off his entire collection, which looks more amazing than you think! A collectors dream you might call it. Anyways, fans had posted comments in the video asking for more, and well he provided some images. Here are some of his own on shelves:

EmperorDinobot

That's a really wonderful display, avatar_Bread @Bread

My BOTM are currently homeless because I have made the sad decision not to have them close to the Park area due to the never-ending influx of Jurassic stuff.

I have decided not to go for PNSO stuff. I have a great paying job, but I lack the space.

What is the general consensus on Yutyrannus? I only ever read complaints about it.

Bread

EmperorDinobot

DinoFan2010

If I could get one BOTM figure, it would be a Spinosaurus! David would do a great job on it, I bet.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Despite some of the issues I have with it, such as the warped jaw, (which I've posted above, and was able to mostly fix with heat), and some limited posing on the neck and legs, I still really wholeheartedly enjoy this figure. I must say I am particularly biased towards since because a) Yutyrannus is one of my favorite theropods, and b) the inspiration for the coloration is one of my favorite birds, but it's been pretty fun to pose around for the most part. And that's a good thing, since it was probably the one I wanted the most (from wave 1 at least). Short of Mattel eventually doing one, there isn't any other options for a Yutyrannus with this much articulation (never mind it is also the only one to have lips I think). That said it does cost a pretty penny, and I'm glad I was able to afford pledging for it at a slightly discounted price during the kickstarter.

LBDINO

[/quote]

This is a great image to see, I am new to the botm jumped in when i saw the tyrannosaur line. I love them so far the 1/18 t rex is my favorite its almost stature like but i can change the pose enough to where it makes this figure a must have for me. It rly stands out hard not to at that size, excited for the future because the future figures will be better he will work out the kinks and make improvements in future releases. Would love some t rex younglings to go with it kind of like the one in prehistoric planet. And man that torosaurus looks awesome haven't pulled the trigger on the wwd version yet but i rly want it but seeing that blue one on his shelf making me think twice idk what ill do.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

L @LBDINO lovely display. I can't wait to see it filled up!

EmperorDinobot

It appears my Guanlong is missing one of his extra feet. I've looked everywhere where I opened it, and nope.
It's the one on the bottom.

Pliosaurking

I have a question, should I have received my Guanlong by now from the kickstarter? i do exactly live in a super big widely known area, but it's not in the middle of nowhere. I'm starting to get concerned with this though, hasn't wave 1.5 started shipping over a month ago? I think I'm going to contact David, if it doesn't show up the start of this week.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on April 22, 2023, 12:36:30 AMI have a question, should I have received my Guanlong by now from the kickstarter? i do exactly live in a super big widely known area, but it's not in the middle of nowhere. I'm starting to get concerned with this though, hasn't wave 1.5 started shipping over a month ago? I think I'm going to contact David, if it doesn't show up the start of this week.

I would inquire, it won't hurt to do so.

Faelrin

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking Did you get a tracking notification at all? Like an email saying it was shipped out? I would think by now you should have something like that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: