News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Does anyone know if there will be a restock of the Zuniceratops on David's site?

LBDINO

Quote from: Carnoking on January 25, 2023, 10:42:06 PM

The Fan's Choice Torosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus arrived today, and now it's basically battle of the variants around here cuz I honestly can't pick a favorite between them  :o

Also nice to finally have a Tyrannosaur to pose against these ceratopsians! ;D

I dont have any ceratopsian besides the small 1/8 figures and the old buck,Ive been wanting to buy the wwd toro but havent pulled the trigger would lose to pair it with my t rex. Dont know much about it but falling for the Spiclypeus love its paint job, need to find out more about it like who hunted it.

Would love a video you going over your most recent additions and a view of your botm collection

Giganotosaurus

Are there any BOTM ceratopsians that are considerably over or undersized compared to their real life counterparts?
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Halichoeres

By my estimates, the Albertaceratops is too large. I get 1:13 rather than 1:18. The Zuniceratops and Spiclypeus are closer to 1:15 than 1:18. The rest of the ones I own are pretty close, within a plausible range of individual variation.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 08, 2023, 02:20:57 AMBy my estimates, the Albertaceratops is too large. I get 1:13 rather than 1:18. The Zuniceratops and Spiclypeus are closer to 1:15 than 1:18. The rest of the ones I own are pretty close, within a plausible range of individual variation.

I still wish the Zuniceratops didn't have to share parts with the Body 2 ceratopsids. The execution would've been cleaner had it been given a unique sculpt like the Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus.

EmperorDinobot

The Albertaceratops is massive, as is the adult Centrosaurus. The Zuniceratops is also too big. The Mattel one is closer to the actual size haha

Dan

Quote from: Bread on April 09, 2023, 04:10:57 PMDoes anyone know if there will be a restock of the Zuniceratops on David's site?

The Zuniceratops and Styracosaurus are both expected to be available again later this year. However, the manufacturer has no current plans to reissue the Subadult Triceratops, which is now sold out.

If it does return at some future date, it will likely have significant changes (such as a new paint style).

Bread

Quote from: Dan on June 19, 2023, 05:25:29 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 09, 2023, 04:10:57 PMDoes anyone know if there will be a restock of the Zuniceratops on David's site?

The Zuniceratops and Styracosaurus are both expected to be available again later this year. However, the manufacturer has no current plans to reissue the Subadult Triceratops, which is now sold out.

If it does return at some future date, it will likely have significant changes (such as a new paint style).
Thanks Dan!

And yes, I do believe the subadult was also going to be part of the cyberzoic so a repaint will most likely be coming in the near future.

Carnoking

Took advantage of David's recent Powercon sale to pick up the last of his recent ceratopsians.

Lythronax nuggets are here!

Spoiler

Love playing with these little devils.

"Unruly Brood"
[close]

Of course, had to get Old Buck eventually.

Spoiler

This is such an amazing tribute to the Dinosaur series. I'm so glad to have it on my shelf.

[close]

ceratopsian

Faelrin

Baby Chasmosaurus are on the way. Maybe later this year.

QuoteEver since our release of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Diabloceratops babies 3 pack, many have asked if we'll release more ceratopsian babies, and and the answer is 'yes'!
Here's a first look at the head sculpt for the Chasmosaurus babies, done by Ross Persichetti! The new head sculpt will utilize the existing baby ceratopsian body. No release date to announce just yet, but watch for these later this year!

I'll add pics once I am back from the hospital.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

Well, as of right now, I am missing Utahceratops, Sinoceratops, Adult Triceratops, Steelhorn, and the 5 fanschoice figures.
That's...it pretty much. Reason why I never reviewed Torosaurus is because I need the FC one to kill 2 birds in one stone, and I need funds to buy them. But I will, sometime in April.

Faelrin

Been back from the hospital for a bit now (it was for my mother, not me in case anyone wonders), so here's some pics of these cuties:

Ross did such a good job on these cuties. I forgot to mention this earlier, but here's what he had to say about working on these:

QuoteJust revealed🎉 My head sculpt for the baby Chasmosaurus! This was a lot of fun to work on for a number of reasons; not only did I have to learn about Ceratopsians & their remains, but reimagine what the (very compressed) skull would have looked like in living form. I also had to ensure the new head matched up with the existing body which was sculpted traditionally!

Thanks to @creativebeaststudio for the opportunity in sculpting this chubby baby!

Edit: I may have also requested these recently in one of David's posts, but I can't remember where. At least I think I did. Not about to go hunting for that atm though. Too tired for that.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 22, 2024, 01:00:59 PMThose are pretty cute. Not quite cute enough to buy, but cute.

I don't think were very pricey or anything. I did open mine recently when I got the last tyrannosaurs in to put one in the mouth of the Lythronax, unfortunately or fortunately as you might view it, he wouldn't fit. Their joints seem pretty delicate to me to, almost to the point I would prefer just head movement to them.

EmperorDinobot

The 1/18 scale Protoceratops, raptors, and Psittacosaurus are very overpriced. The babies were not overpriced, they are awesome. I truly love them.

NoctemVonDoom

For anybody that missed out on the Chasmosaurus or Zuniceratops, they're being reissued and preorders are up now. David said new paint versions for both of these are being planned, so the reissues are limited to 500 each.

Faelrin

New color concepts of 2.0 versions of the Zuniceratops and Chasmosaurus are under way:

QuoteTuesday Teaser- here's a look at what's currently on the design desk. New colors incoming for Zuni and Chasmo- been wanting to do these for some time now. More info to come!

Carnoking

I'm liking that Chasmosaurus redux. I'm a little less warm to that Zuniceratops, although that could change in the more finalized design

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: