News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Alright, since V @vampiredesign said they're paying attention to our desires as collectors, I figured I'd create a specific thread for that, so hopefully it'll be easier for them to read our suggestions instead of scrolling through the messages of the "New for X year" thread, which are (and deservedly so!) often mixed with comments about the year's releases.

I think this list might also be useful: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8531.0

What species would you like to see from Haolonggood in the future?

I'll start with my own suggestions:

Ornithischians:

Kentrosaurus
Maiasaura (fixed, single transverse head crest)
Tenontosaurus
Iguanodon
Miragaia (= updated Dacentrurus)
Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis
Hesperosaurus (male)
Pachycephalosaurus

Sauropodomorphs:

Plateosaurus
Shunosaurus
Amargasaurus (fixed, first neck spine being single and neck spines being fully covered by the neck's sail)

Theropods:

Gallimimus
Herrerasaurus
Falcarius
Torvosaurus (based on the "Elvis" specimen)
Gorgosaurus
Qianzhousaurus
Acrocanthosaurus

Non dinosaurs:

Shonisaurus
Megatherium
Tropeognathus

Here's to hoping this thread will be useful to you V @vampiredesign:)

Sim

Nice idea for a thread avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator!  And it's good to see you back on the forum.  I like a lot of your choices!  I'd like the following from Haolonggood:

1. Austroraptor

2. Kentrosaurus

3. Herrerasaurus

4. Dilophosaurus

5. Chasmosaurus belli

6. Parasaurolophus walkeri

7. Cryolophosaurus (feathered)

8. Ceratosaurus nasicornis

9. Carnotaurus

10. Daspletosaurus horneri

11. Gorgosaurus

12. Zhenyuanlong

13. Buitreraptor

14. Rhamphorhynchus

15. Medusaceratops

16. Sinraptor dongi

Fembrogon

My shortlist of genera who are really overdue for (new) figures:

• Herrerasaurus
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Nothronykus
  • Plateosaurus
  • Nigersaurus
  • Camptosaurus
  • Tenontosaurus
  • Maiasaura
  • Brachylophosaurus
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Edmontonia
  • Chasmosaurus

I could add more, but this is plenty as is.

Halichoeres

As I've said before, there aren't many dinosaurs (in the strict sense) that I'm hankering for. I'm more interested in other prehistoric life that nobody else has made, or at least not well. Some ideas:

Cotylorhynchus
Eretmorhipis
Erythrosuchus
Leedsichthys
Nothosaurus
Pterodactylus (but not Pteranodon)

Some of those would work well at the typical ~1:30 scale of Haolonggood products, but some would have to be made to a larger scale, such as Pterodactylus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 23, 2023, 01:42:25 AMCotylorhynchus
Eretmorhipis
Erythrosuchus
Leedsichthys
Nothosaurus

An assortment I would appreciate the manufacturing of.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 23, 2023, 02:10:32 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 23, 2023, 01:42:25 AMCotylorhynchus
Eretmorhipis
Erythrosuchus
Leedsichthys
Nothosaurus

An assortment I would appreciate the manufacturing of.
Hopefully you wouldn't be the only one!

Just to add, I would love for manufacturers to make creatures from periods other than the Cretaceous! Prehistory is long and varied.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

One more I'd like is Pentaceratops sternbergii!

ceratopsian

I would like:

One of the Chinese stegosaurs with good fossil remains - Huayangosaurus is top of my list. [Edit: I had forgotten I have the PNSO.]  How about Gigantspinosaurus?
Kentrosaurus good though!
Nigersaurus
Maiasaura (with a nest or clutch of eggs/hatchlings, as they are what make Maiasaura special)
Mussaurus (preferably not just a bipedal adult but a couple of quadrupedal hatchlings to show the growth changes)

Zhenyuanlong

I would also like some of the animals that would be too small in the 1:30 sort of range:
Caihong
Halszkaraptor
Kulindadromeus
Oryctodromeus
One of the anurognathid pterosaurs

I would like more than just Cretaceous period dinosaurs (and pterosaurs)

And some non-dinosaurs:
Cotylorhynchus

I'm sure I can think of some other things too, given time...

For me, it's not just which individual taxa are released that are important.  I would like output to be varied taxonomically, so all of us get our turn in finding something that suits us, whether our personal favourites are sauropods, ornithischians, theropods or whatever.

Sim

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, in case you didn't know, if a Huayangosaurus is made in 1:35 scale it would be roughly the same size as the PNSO Huayangosaurus.  I have the PNSO Huayangosaurus, it's an excellent figure, I recommend it.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2023, 05:13:45 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, in case you didn't know, if a Huayangosaurus is made in 1:35 scale it would be roughly the same size as the PNSO Huayangosaurus.  I have the PNSO Huayangosaurus, it's an excellent figure, I recommend it.
I have it too, and what avatar_Sim @Sim writes is true.

ceratopsian

Oops. It's sitting on my shelf and I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote from: SidB on April 23, 2023, 06:08:58 PM
Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2023, 05:13:45 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, in case you didn't know, if a Huayangosaurus is made in 1:35 scale it would be roughly the same size as the PNSO Huayangosaurus.  I have the PNSO Huayangosaurus, it's an excellent figure, I recommend it.
I have it too, and what avatar_Sim @Sim writes is true.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 23, 2023, 03:44:28 PMFor me, it's not just which individual taxa are released that are important.  I would like output to be varied taxonomically, so all of us get our turn in finding something that suits us, whether our personal favourites are sauropods, ornithischians, theropods or whatever.

Beautifully put. A little something for everyone. Of course, I also find several of your specific wishes appealing...

Bread

Small list:

- Ceratosaurus
- Euoplocephalus
- Parasaurolophus
- Herrerasaurus
- Megalosaurus
- Concavenator

Majority of the species I mentioned have figures made; however, like the Parasaurolophus by PNSO, there are some anatomy issues. CollectA Megalosaurus is quite small and has an awkward expression. Euoplocephalus hasn't had a good figure since Battat. Ceratosaurus has quite a few figures, Papo, Rebor, and Safari. Papo and Rebor have excessive scutes and spikes. Safari's is just an old figure. Needs an update with lips. Concavenator has been made by Safari, pretty good model but needs feathers. Last but not least, Herrerasaurus just needs a figure!

I would add Dilophosaurus but BOTM seems to be fulfilling my needs!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on April 24, 2023, 01:21:40 PM....... Euoplocephalus hasn't had a good figure since Battat. .......

To me Favorite's figure was also a good one (even though they labelled it Ankylosaurus) :) .

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 24, 2023, 01:43:22 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 24, 2023, 01:21:40 PM....... Euoplocephalus hasn't had a good figure since Battat. .......

To me Favorite's figure was also a good one (even though they labelled it Ankylosaurus) :) .
Favorite's figures, many of them excellent, tend to be neglected or forgotten.

Pliosaurking

I'm hoping for a kentrosaurus, a Plateosaurus, a Herrerasaurus, a megalosaurus, a maiasaura, a Concavanator, and a Pliosaurus.

Quiversaurus

Makes me so happy to see so many mentions of Kentrosaurus and Herrerasaurus.

Here's my list (1:35 scale please!!):

1. Kentrosaurus (smaller than Stegosaurus but I hope size is not a deterrent...)
2. Herrerasaurus
3. Iguanodon (one that doesn't look like Mantellisaurus)
4. Allosaurus fragilis
5. Ceratosaurus
6. Dilophosaurus

Others I hope for but not sure about feasibility due to 1:35 scale:

1. Velociraptor
2. Deinonychus
3. Utahraptor
4. Sinosauropteryx

suspsy

My hope and dream is that this line becomes more widely available and not super expensive.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on April 24, 2023, 02:34:12 PMFavorite's figures, many of them excellent, tend to be neglected or forgotten.

I think part of the reason is they make almost no effort to market outside of Japan.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: