News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2023, 04:02:34 PMA new series eh? Something tells me it might have something to do with the unassembled kits, they were really rallying for folks to get on that rex and if that's the case it would seem they've succeeded.
"It is based on the current environment"

Over9K

Perhaps Nanmu has seen the recent expansion in X-Plus/Star Ace/W-Dragon/Prime 1/EZHOBI/Omega Beast/Spiral Kaiju stuff and they're moving into that too... with Mordred being the advance scout...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd like for them to do dragons but i have a feeling it might be for the unpainted/assembled kits as well. they cost them less and are quicker to release.

Sturisoma

I'm hoping for a 1/10 scale so we can have smaller dinos with better details. Raptor squad 2.0 in 1/10 scale let's go!!  ;D

SenSx

I like both of these ideas !  ;D

I need a big dragon in my collection, from Nanmu that would be perfect !
Also I never have enough 1/10 JP Velociraptors, and I'm sure Nanmu could compete with Iron Studio or Prime One for that for a better price.

Sturisoma

Makes me think if the April fool's male JP3 raptor was their method of exploring and understanding the market and demand lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have no idea why they are against are doing larger scaled smaller dinosaurs?

Sturisoma

Hello, everyone. I have some news for you this time. I hope it will be helpful to you.
1. Alpha 2.0 Dragon Soul version testing and painting has been completed. In the coming weeks, we will strengthen some details.
2.Supplanter2.0 Pharaoh has completed all the tests and will ship in June with a limit of 1000 units.
3. We will expand the third series, named "Smart". At that time, we will have three product lines, namely: Fanaticism Series, Dragon Soul Series,Smart series.
4. Smart series's first product was the Raptor, which had a full-body joint movement program. The ratio is about 1 beat 12. We will release the prototype in mid-May.

Rexy's eyes look brown and not amber? "full-body joint movement" hmmmm does this mean articulated limbs?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rexy looks great. That's still an amber color for the eyes just not very bright lighting I'm guessing? It's not a bright yellow or the gold we've been used to seeing.

Yeah I'm hearing "Smart" will be an articulated line. Much like BotM? I'd rather just detailed figures/statues but we'll see how it goes.  If they need building and painting I'll probably pass.

Carnoking

Sounds like everyone who wants a Hammond Collection upgrade will be getting their wish...for a price  ;)

Sturisoma

I was hoping for Nanmu to compete with Prime 1 and Iron Studios for the 1/10 scale line of smaller dinosaur statues.

SenSx

Quote from: Sturisoma on April 29, 2023, 03:57:57 AMI was hoping for Nanmu to compete with Prime 1 and Iron Studios for the 1/10 scale line of smaller dinosaur statues.

Yes same, not found of articulated figures.

But Iron Studio and Prime 1 are good enough for now, I'm waiting for JP3 raptors, I'm sure at least Iron Studio will make some.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 29, 2023, 10:56:57 AM
Quote from: Sturisoma on April 29, 2023, 03:57:57 AMI was hoping for Nanmu to compete with Prime 1 and Iron Studios for the 1/10 scale line of smaller dinosaur statues.

But Iron Studio and Prime 1 are good enough for now, I'm waiting for JP3 raptors, I'm sure at least Iron Studio will make some.

We'll see. IS has had accuracy issues since they lost/let go their old artist who did the first pieces. I've been picking and choosing.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I'd only be interested if they are 1/18 scale. At least Nanmu does a good job with their likeness for the most part. Problem is cost, but since they aren't pumping them out as frequently as Mattel does they might be feasible alternatives. It also depends what species they do. One of the sore spots was the raptors. If they could nail those and have them in 1/18 I'd go for them.

Seems like from their post above they'll have a raptor in 1:12 scale, which like the Amber Collection is too big for Mattel's mainline (and BotM as well). I have a few 1:12 figures but it isn't a scale I'm largely interested in collecting, particularly for dinosaur figures. And as for Jurassic it runs the same issue of the Amber Collection. Not enough species variety, since most would be unfeasible at that scale.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

blnadal

:-\

I'm not into other scales and articulated figures..

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2023, 04:11:04 PM

We'll see. IS has had accuracy issues since they lost/let go their old artist who did the first pieces. I've been picking and choosing.

Yes it's true, their latest Velociraptor sculpts are not as good as the first trio they released.
The heads are different, and maybe the new ones are a bit skiny.
But I'm still happy for the LW tiger upcoming Velociraptor, at least someone is doing it in 1/10 scale.

I also personnaly asked them about JP3 1/10 Velociraptors on their Facebook, and they directly answered me they would keep that sugestion in mind...
Well I think they are alwready planned :), and I'm hopefull they will release those next year, unless they decide to make more LW Velociraptors first.

I'm also collecting 1/18 velociraptors, I like JP Velociraptors that I think I collect them in all scale actually :)
Also have the 1/35 from Nanmu, they were brave to release that, I don't think it interests many people.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 29, 2023, 06:03:54 PM

Yes it's true, their latest Velociraptor sculpts are not as good as the first trio they released.
But I'm still happy for the LW tiger upcoming Velociraptor, at least someone is doing it in 1/10 scale.

I also personnaly asked them about JP3 1/10 Velociraptors on their Facebook, and they directly answered me they would keep that sugestion in mind...
Well I think they are alwready planned :), and I'm hopefull they will release those next year, unless they decide to make more LW Velociraptors first.

I'm also collecting 1/18 velociraptors, I like JP Velociraptors that I think I collect them in all scale actually :)
Also have the 1/35 from Nanmu, they were brave to release that, I don't think it interests many people.

That Muldoon vs Raptor piece was utterly disgraceful. It's  a shame as it's a scene I've wanted to see realized for quite awhile.

I had all four of the Nanmu raptor sets, kept one, sold the others, there are folks who like having them in something close to scale.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2023, 04:08:01 AM

That Muldoon vs Raptor piece was utterly disgraceful. It's  a shame as it's a scene I've wanted to see realized for quite awhile.

I had all four of the Nanmu raptor sets, kept one, sold the others, there are folks who like having them in something close to scale.

Muldoon did not even have its gun on this set, I think he is still holding it when he is standing ><
Yes same for the 1/35 scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 30, 2023, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2023, 04:08:01 AM

Muldoon did not even have its gun on this set, I think he is still holding it when he is standing ><
Yes same for the 1/35 scale.

I could have maybe added a gun to it, but the proportions on that Raptor were done by someone who barely paid any attention to anatomy and the film design.

blnadal

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: