News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SidB's Collection Thread

Started by SidB, March 17, 2023, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 02, 2023, 06:40:40 AMJUst awesome. Great display idea, as I said before.

The Carnegie Iguanodon is still avaiable at Urzeitshop. I will have to think about getting it...for my obvious passion for the genus Iguanodon 
avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo, that's amazing that they still list it there. Otherwise, you may have to see about eBay for the Carnegie Iguanodon. It's been out of production since 2015, when the Carnegie line itself was terminated . I used to see them in local thrift shops here in Toronto during the early to mid part of the second decade of this century, but they have also vanished from that source too.

SidB

By the way, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , I just checked and noted that there are currently 35 Carnegie Safari Iguanodons for sale on eBay!

SidB

The final turn takes us into a back storage / spare bedroom area, where my 1/35-1/40 Safari collection ends at the top of a very tall bookshelf. Pictured are a trio of dinosaurs from last year's releases: the Patagotitan (not within the scale range if considered as an adult, but I use it as a subadult), the Dino Dana feathered T-rex, and Zuul. No releases yet from Safari this year in my collection scale range, but here's hoping ... .

TooOldForDinosaurs

The landscaping on this display looks particularly fantastic!  :) 

ceratopsian

Love those mountains!

SidB

Thanks, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs  and avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian . I wish that I could decrease the density of the collections and get into more complexity and a sense of spaciousness with the landscaping, but ... space doesn't really allow this, so I end of simply suggesting both, I suppose. But, yes, this diorama has turned out to be the best of its type in these respects it seems.

Halichoeres

Agreed, a very nice layout. A classier, lusher version of the old Marx/Superior type playsets!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleo Flo

Quote from: SidB on May 02, 2023, 04:54:31 PMBy the way, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , I just checked and noted that there are currently 35 Carnegie Safari Iguanodons for sale on eBay!

Thanks a Lot my friend. St Urzeitshop it's listed for 12€. Great price
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

BrontoScorpio

the scenery is wonderful.
Got many trees myself and can't recognize yours.

Halichoeres

Some of those must be from model train shops...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , some are from model train shops for sure, though that's a relative monor note. A lot are from Aliexpress sources and many , especially some of the most impressive ones are from thrift shops, originally intended as household ornaments, believe it or not.

SidB

Next up is my very small collection of Permian critters, before the dinosaurs. I picked up these two display cases from Michaels up in Brampton, northwest of Toronto a few years ago and have mulled over what to choose as their long term inhabitants. They were originally designed to house footballs (North American type), but there is a profound shortage of these in my condo. nor do I necessarily anticipate getting one, let alone two, so I elected to display these figures. For my collecting habits, they are obviously overscale, but since they are shown apart from the other pieces in my collections, generally 1/35-1/40, that's okay by me. The two cases are inserted onto a bookshelf (another Ikea product) in the spare bedroom, where they protect the contents from dust and give a sort of museum-like look to the little display.

Left to right, we have the Wild Safari Dimetrodon, the CollectA Edaphosaurus, The CollectA Estemmenosuchus, the Wild Safari Inostrancevia and finally the Schleich Dinogorgon.

Halichoeres

This is a great presentation format. If I had a slightly bigger place I might do something similar. The little display boxes are one of the few bright sides to the existence of (North American) football.

ceratopsian

As a foreigner, I find it quite difficult to imagine putting a football (of whatever shape) in a display box - but the boxes make beautiful diorama cases!  Very museum like.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 12, 2023, 04:50:02 PMAs a foreigner, I find it quite difficult to imagine putting a football (of whatever shape) in a display box - but the boxes make beautiful diorama cases!  Very museum like.
You're observant. I think it's an American thing, where many folk eat, drink and sleep football. Plus it's BIG business.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 12, 2023, 04:19:19 PMThis is a great presentation format. If I had a slightly bigger place I might do something similar. The little display boxes are one of the few bright sides to the existence of (North American) football.
Thanks, I guess that the presentation is a "touchdown"?

Martinb

SidB

SidB

More from the world of  'Spare Oom'. Continuing with the white bookshelf as their holding place and backdrop, we'll take a glance at the smaller scale Cenozoics.

Mostly around 1/35 scale:

Mostly around 1/40, with the exception of some Invicta, MPC and Funrise

BlueKrono

S @SidB What that moa in the back there?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: