News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 23, 2023, 01:16:29 AM~ •   PNSO Dinosaurs Museum  1:35  Giganotosaurus  • ~
                                                        compared to other PNSO Carcharodontosaurinae   
        PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS  No.69  Meraxes    •    No.68  Mapusaurus    •    No.50  Carcharodontosaurus                   

It's like you read my mind.
As I have the 1st Carcharodontosaurus I was at odd whether the rest were basically the same model with different color applications.
well, it's the same family - so no wonder they will resemble each other - but your wonderful pictures, especially the last one,
where they all stand next to each other, clearly emphasized the differences.

ceratopsian

A handsome new trio, superb photography. I agree with BrontoScorpio, the lineup photo is instructive.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Every year CollectA surprises me (us) with at least two beautiful new models of interesting species I just can't resist.
     This time the first one is their strongest sauropod so far (if you ask me). I admit I hadn't known the species until CollectA announced to release one.
                                            I'm glad their DeLuxe line gave them the opportunity to give it the size a good sauropod figure deserves.
                                                              Collecta is once more improving and especially Matthias Geiger is doing a great job.

:)

~ •    CollectA Ruyangosaurus    • ~
                                                                            originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

ceratopsian

He/she looks wonderfully serene in the head shot. Full of character.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •    HAOLONGGOOD 1:35 Tianzhenosaurus    • ~

v    next to Wild Safari's (re-painted) Ankylosaurus    v

SidB

Excellent images, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian , and very useful for comparison purposes.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comment S @SidB!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

CollectA Hadrosaurus 
                                                                            originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

•    next to  3D Creatures 1:50 Brachylophosaurus (blue) & Gryposaurus (red) and Procon/CollectA Olorotitan (brown)    •

ceratopsian

The Hadrosaurus is a very accomplished figure of some charm. I was even more taken with it when mine arrived than from the publicity shots. Good comparison shots too.

Jose S.M.

I just wish it was a little bigger but it's a great sculpt! Also I like it's coloration a lot.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 01, 2023, 05:54:03 PMI just wish it was a little bigger .......

I do agree. Such a beautiful and elegant sculpt would look good in about 1:35.
 But with CollectA you never know ... I don't think it will be too long until we see another DeLuxe ornithopod.

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.67
                                                                                 ~ •   Suchomimus  • ~

•     my first Suchomimus since the Kaiyodo Dinotales figure     •

TooOldForDinosaurs

Stunning! Do you edit the background to get it so clean and what tool do you use?  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 04, 2023, 06:23:55 AMStunning! Do you edit the background to get it so clean and what tool do you use?  :)

Thanks! For background I'm using white cardboard sheets under sunlight through an attic window.
 Possible disturbing shadows, stains or brightness disparities are being removed "by hand".
 I'm using (please don't laugh) Windows Paint :-[  I'm pretty outdated when it comes to modern technology.

So far on this page (126) I have shown a sauropod, a thyreophoran, an ornithopod and a theropod. So in my understanding a ceratopsian should
follow next. Unfortunately Haolonggood's new Pentaceratops is still on its way and I had to think about another one I still haven't shown in this thread.
      Although it has constantly been on display since I bought it more than 10 years ago, I never took the Sideshow Styracosaurus to a photo session.
  That had to change. (I hope I can do a session with the Apatosaurus one day, still haven't found a good opportunity to date ... it's so big and fragile.)

:D

SIDESHOW Dinosauria  Styracosaurus  maquette 101 / 250
                                                                             originally sculpted by David Krentz

Halichoeres

That's a rare treasure! Nothing quite like Sideshow Dinosauria anymore.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 05, 2023, 03:11:29 PMThanks! For background I'm using white cardboard sheets under sunlight through an attic window. Possible disturbing shadows, stains or brightness disparities are being removed "by hand". I'm using (please don't laugh) Windows Paint :-[  I'm pretty outdated when it comes to modern technology.

Oh wow, I like it! For the tools you're using the results are even more impressive  ;)

Bread

What a refresher to see Sideshow's Dinosauria models again! Wonderful piece and I'll be on the lookout for your showcase on the Apatosaurus.

happylandfills

I've made an account on this forum just so I can say how lovely your collection is. I've only recently started collecting dinos so I'm far behind, but I've got a few figures. I believe we have the same Dracorex :D
I think this hobby is such a work of love and passion. Everyone seems to get along here and support each other no matter where they are in their collections. Your collection is so inspiring and I find your figures fascinating! I particularly love all of your spinosaurids and the baby pachycephalosaurus (I think it was a pachy... It was a bonehead but I can't remember) is so cute!
Anyways, I've been screenshotting a lot on my phone, and I was wondering if I could have your permission to use your photos as references for my dinosaur studies? I'm studying to become a scientific illustrator and hope to one day draw and design dinosaurs professionally. Your photos would be great references to build my dino portfolio. Sorry if this is such a weird question but I had to ask!

postsaurischian

Quote from: happylandfills on May 11, 2023, 03:16:23 AMI've made an account on this forum just so I can say how lovely your collection is. I've only recently started collecting dinos so I'm far behind, but I've got a few figures. I believe we have the same Dracorex :D
I think this hobby is such a work of love and passion. Everyone seems to get along here and support each other no matter where they are in their collections. Your collection is so inspiring and I find your figures fascinating! I particularly love all of your spinosaurids and the baby pachycephalosaurus (I think it was a pachy... It was a bonehead but I can't remember) is so cute!

:)  Thank you H @happylandfills. I feel flattered.

Quote from: happylandfills on May 11, 2023, 03:16:23 AMAnyways, I've been screenshotting a lot on my phone

I would suggest not to take screenshots, but rather open a pic in a new tab which leads you to the postimage page where you can download the picture at its original size.

Quote from: happylandfills on May 11, 2023, 03:16:23 AMI was wondering if I could have your permission to use your photos as references for my dinosaur studies? I'm studying to become a scientific illustrator and hope to one day draw and design dinosaurs professionally. Your photos would be great references to build my dino portfolio. Sorry if this is such a weird question but I had to ask!

It is an unusal question, but it is nice that you're asking, since many people haven't and still don't.
 On the one hand I feel honoured that you think my pics were good enough for an official presentation.
 On the other hand a lot of work went into many of these pics during the last decade and therefore I'd like to set a few conditions.

If you want to use my photos as references for your dinosaur studies in order to build your Dino portfolio, it would be very nice if you would .....

1.  mention my name connected with the photos.
 2.  not use them in any commercial way (otherwise I want to see money).
 3.  let me see this portfolio when it's finished .... if this is possible anyway.

Maybe we should continue this conversation via PM. The PM button is in the column right to the left of this post.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •    HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Pentaceratops    • ~

•    next to PNSO No.59 Styracosaurus    •

•    next to Prehistoric Passions Pentaceratops    •

PNSO 1st Dinosaurs Museum Triceratops   •   Kaiyodo Dinotales No.96 Protoceratops   •   HAOLONGGOOD Nasutoceratops

ceratopsian

Attractive photos of an attractive model.  I'm very fond of the sun yellow version.

Bread

I really have yet to decide which version to go with.

Your photos avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian really sway me to this one. I also appreciate the comparisons, seems a little to big to be 1:35, though?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: