News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Not sure if I should hold off till the Safari LTD Utahraptor is up for sale or simply buy the haul now
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

Well, I guess the next reveal is going to be a skip on my part. Not a lot of prehistoric mammals I'm interested in, and going by the description looks like it won't be one of the few I care about.

avatar_Lynx @Lynx if there's something else that interests you, you'll have to pay extra shipping. I'd say waiting makes more sense.

SidB

Quote from: Shane on May 06, 2023, 01:24:07 AMI don't want to say anything but feel like I should say something.

It is not a dinosaur.

It's a new sculpt and new genus for Safari.
I don't want to compromise you or Safari security in any way, but I'd ask if you could tell me what the scale of this new Cenozoic mammalian reveal will be, S @Shane ?

Halichoeres

The day before the tuatara reveal, in which Safari emphasized that it is not a lizard, I showed this slide in my Vertebrate Zoology class:

As for the forthcoming two-horned animal, I was absolutely sure that it would be an Arsinoitherium re-release, so now I'm stumped. I guess it could be an Arsinoitherium re-sculpt, and I expect it's some sort of proper mammal. But I'm holding out hope for Styracocephalus. At any rate, it's been about three years since we had a non-dinosaur, so I'm glad to see some variety coming our way!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Chasmosaurus

I hope it will be a sivatherium or another member of the Giraffidae
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

JimoAi

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2023, 04:00:38 AMThe day before the tuatara reveal, in which Safari emphasized that it is not a lizard, I showed this slide in my Vertebrate Zoology class:

As for the forthcoming two-horned animal, I was absolutely sure that it would be an Arsinoitherium re-release, so now I'm stumped. I guess it could be an Arsinoitherium re-sculpt, and I expect it's some sort of proper mammal. But I'm holding out hope for Styracocephalus. At any rate, it's been about three years since we had a non-dinosaur, so I'm glad to see some variety coming our way!

it's confirmed to be a new genus for Safari so arsinotherium is out this time

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Chasmosaurus on May 11, 2023, 04:37:50 AMI hope it will be a sivatherium or another member of the Giraffidae
Oh yes definitely. But it's described as a rhinoceros type animal

dragon53

DinoFan2010

Very nice SausageBoi figure ;D .

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 11, 2023, 05:16:15 AM
Quote from: Chasmosaurus on May 11, 2023, 04:37:50 AMI hope it will be a sivatherium or another member of the Giraffidae
Oh yes definitely. But it's described as a rhinoceros type animal
This is probably not it, but I would love to see Safari's Take on a Ceratogaulus

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Fembrogon

A Ceratogaulus would be super cool! That's right there with the likes of Cynognathus, Moschops, Sphenacodon and the Dire Wolf as vintage toy genera starved for new representation.

Shane

Quote from: SidB on May 10, 2023, 11:59:26 AMI don't want to compromise you or Safari security in any way, but I'd ask if you could tell me what the scale of this new Cenozoic mammalian reveal will be, S @Shane ?

I don't have an answer on scale, but I will say that no one ever said it was definitely a Cenozoic mammal, only that it was not a dinosaur.

Saarlooswolfhound

A modern dire wolf interpretation would be great. We now believe that they aren't just scaled up gray wolves, they were very different phenotypically.

Halichoeres

Quote from: JimoAi on May 11, 2023, 04:58:49 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2023, 04:00:38 AMThe day before the tuatara reveal, in which Safari emphasized that it is not a lizard, I showed this slide in my Vertebrate Zoology class:
[image snip]

it's confirmed to be a new genus for Safari so arsinotherium is out this time

Oh yes, I missed that bit! Very intriguing. Hoping for stem- rather than crown-mammal, but again, delighted to see some non-dinosaurs returning.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think a dicynodont is the most likely. I'm thinking Placerias since they're the most popular. They're more rhino-like in appearance than all the other popular dicynodont species.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

Quote from: Thialfi on May 11, 2023, 11:19:37 PMEstemmenosuchus? 👀

I would kill for a Safari ltd Estemmenosuchus. Something in the style of their Uintatherium but with pebbly/bumpy skin would be so good. Like if you just squinted hard enough, you might be able to see an Estemmenosuchus in this style. ;D

GojiraGuy1954

I literally just got the CollectA one so I kinda hope not
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on May 12, 2023, 12:01:50 AM

I would kill for a Safari ltd Estemmenosuchus. Something in the style of their Uintatherium but with pebbly/bumpy skin would be so good. Like if you just squinted hard enough, you might be able to see an Estemmenosuchus in this style. ;D

It would likely replace my CollectA one in my Permian diorama. I like the latter, but I think that Safari could top it.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on May 12, 2023, 03:10:17 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 12, 2023, 12:01:50 AM

It would likely replace my CollectA one in my Permian diorama. I like the latter, but I think that Safari could top it.

CollectA's Estemmenosuchus is good, but Safari certainly has the opportunity to make a great one! Was never a fan of the awkward jaw articulation and gawdy paint scheme; so hoping for a static figure in the same vein as Doug's mammal sculpts, as Dinocephalia is comfortably nestled within Therapsida, compared to the more basal Dimetrodon in Sphenacodontidae (i.e. phylogenetically closer to mammals than Dimetrodon was).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: