You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Diplodocus carnegii "CATCH THE RAINBOW" & "STARGAZER"

Started by GojiraGuy1954, May 07, 2022, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

The seam on the jaw seems more distracting than the neck/tail attachment points. Good case for Catch the Rainbow I suppose!
I'm still really excited for these. They may even merit a sell-off of my other diplodocus figures.

Except for the Battat Diplodcus. Battat Diplodocus stays.

SidB

Absolutely, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , the Battat must stay, of course. Good call!

Bread

Seeing the three displayed together makes me want three. Reminds me of Ballad of Big Al.. Oh no...

I'm glad I parted with my Eofauna, even if it is superior in accuracy. I feel as though the neck and tail "articulation" would add the individuality presence on my shelf.

Bread

MyOnlineToyStore has Rebor's Diplodocus (both versions) in stock!

If the Haolonggood Apatosaurus is not too my liking (which I doubt), I'll be picking these up, but for the most part I am more inclined to a large and bulk of the Apatosaurus.

Paleo Flo

The seams are very distracting. What a pitty. It was so promising.
I will wait for more in hand pictures before I will decide to get or to ignore it
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SenSx

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 07, 2023, 09:08:43 AMThe seams are very distracting. What a pitty. It was so promising.
I will wait for more in hand pictures before I will decide to get or to ignore it

I don't mind the tail seam that much, but the one on the jaw is not very beautiful.
It's not articulated though ?
Maybe it's possible to hide/cover it with something, a material you would paint...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 07, 2023, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 07, 2023, 09:08:43 AMThe seams are very distracting. What a pitty. It was so promising.

I don't mind the tail seam that much, but the one on the jaw is not very beautiful.
It's not articulated though ?
Maybe it's possible to hide/cover it with something, a material you would paint...

The head less than an inch long? So I don't think in hand it will be very noticiable just look as the distance pic again :

You could fill it with a super tiny bit of epoxy or milliput, the jaw doesn't open or close, but to me it's not worth the trouble.

SenSx

Yes but still, why does the jaw has a seam if it's not articulated ?
It's like the default without the advantage.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 07, 2023, 06:16:20 PMYes but still, why does the jaw has a seam if it's not articulated ?
It's like the default without the advantage.

perhaps to make it easier to paint inside the mouth?

stargatedalek

I guess this means they got that bendy material figured out? Maybe we will see a Titanoboa re-release, that would be great to have one of those that can be posed without it being damaged.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 08, 2023, 02:00:06 PMI guess this means they got that bendy material figured out? Maybe we will see a Titanoboa re-release, that would be great to have one of those that can be posed without it being damaged.
You would think that would be the case.

Unfortunately I saw a fan comment on instagram asking if the Titanoboa would get another batch made for a rerelease and as expected Rebor had an excuse for it to be avoided.

Claiming it would be unfair to those who purchased it at a high price (above retail) through the likes of Ebay, Mercari, etc.

Not going to lie, I find this quite annoying and a horrible excuse. If anything, this should be the reason to have a rerelease.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on May 08, 2023, 02:48:09 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 08, 2023, 02:00:06 PMI guess this means they got that bendy material figured out? Maybe we will see a Titanoboa re-release, that would be great to have one of those that can be posed without it being damaged.
You would think that would be the case.

Unfortunately I saw a fan comment on instagram asking if the Titanoboa would get another batch made for a rerelease and as expected Rebor had an excuse for it to be avoided.

Claiming it would be unfair to those who purchased it at a high price (above retail) through the likes of Ebay, Mercari, etc.

Not going to lie, I find this quite annoying and a horrible excuse. If anything, this should be the reason to have a rerelease.

I'm not sure if you would want to buy it anyway.
Mine has cracking everywhere, even on the head now and I'm not even posing the head, you can't !
Poor thing...

If Rebor had to re release a Tintanoboa, I think it should be one in solid material with static pose in 1/35

Faelrin

They did do that statue thing with one sticking out of the water, so they technically re-released it in a way. I get the scale, etc, isn't ideal though.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Samrukia

SidB

Taking one thing with another, a solid outcome for Rebor. Those who have wished, over the years, for Rebor to go the realistic route are getting their wishes come true. For now, I'm quite content with my Eofauna diplo. Only have so much room anyways ... space, the final frontier.

Paleo Flo

I think, I will skip this one. For me it's very underwhelming and I wished a little more bright color.
Good for my shelves, cabinets and my wallet. O:-)
Maybe I will go for the Eofauna one...
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

ceratopsian

Quite a few things to like about it.  Rebor managed really well with the neck and tail joins - but I do find the seams on the jaw and head/neck junction distracting. I can see the reason for them being there, but they do stand out. It will be interesting to hear how the material holds up to being flexed.  A pair with differently posed tails would look very natural.  But in the final analysis, it's not for me.  Space issues and I already have Eofauna's (plus Carnegie etc).

Halichoeres

If this had been a Barosaurus or a Kaatedocus or something, I would have gone for it, doomed-to-crack neck and all. But I'm pretty happy in the Diplodocus department currently.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 02:57:55 PMIf this had been a Barosaurus or a Kaatedocus or something, I would have gone for it, doomed-to-crack neck and all. But I'm pretty happy in the Diplodocus department currently.

This. It's interesting how important the choice of species can be. Some people aren't getting it because of the Eofauna version and others being available. If this had been an Apatosaurus, maybe it would've sold better (especially back during the preorder time) and maybe Haolonggood wouldn't be selling as much of theirs right now. If this Diplodocus had been made before, I guess it would've sold somehow better. But hey, it's still a Diplodocus so it's going to sell. And not all people only get a figure per taxon as you and me!

However, I really wish companies realized when there is at least a really good figure of a certain taxon and focused on other instead. This would reduce competence among companies and would increase the diversity of quality depictions of a certain creature on the market.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 02:57:55 PMIf this had been a Barosaurus or a Kaatedocus or something, I would have gone for it, doomed-to-crack neck and all. But I'm pretty happy in the Diplodocus department currently.

However, I really wish companies realized when there is at least a really good figure of a certain taxon and focused on other instead. This would reduce competence among companies and would increase the diversity of quality depictions of a certain creature on the market.
While I definitely understand that sentiment, some taxa just sell a lot more than others. As much as I would have preferred a Barosaurus or Galeamopus or what not, the company that gets to make a Diplodocus will just inevitably make more of a profit. At the end of the day they gotta guarantee a profit.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: