News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Not necessarily the core preference of the clientele here, but I noticed Safari's site has a bunch of cardboard puzzles, including a few prehistorics like this one;
https://www.safariltd.com/products/eugy-deinocheirus-3d-puzzle

Made by Eugy, distributed by Safari. Given that the line includes animals like fairy wrens and moreporks, I'd wager an antipodean headquarters.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 06:11:39 PMNot necessarily the core preference of the clientele here, but I noticed Safari's site has a bunch of cardboard puzzles, including a few prehistorics like this one;

Made by Eugy, distributed by Safari. Given that the line includes animals like fairy wrens and moreporks, I'd wager an antipodean headquarters.

Holy crap those are cute. The little Tasmanian devil and the kookaburra especially.
Check out my customs thread!

Shane

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 06:11:39 PMNot necessarily the core preference of the clientele here, but I noticed Safari's site has a bunch of cardboard puzzles, including a few prehistorics like this one;

EUGY is a New Zealand-based maker of 3D cardboard puzzles. Safari Ltd is their new North American exclusive distributor.

They're pretty interesting and cute designs. I've gotten to fiddle around with a few.

Gwangi

I've eyeballed those puzzles a few times. Might be worth picking a couple up to review on the blogs.

Saarlooswolfhound

pretty cute! I like the spino, wolf, mammoth, dodo...

Concavenator

Would like to see how the Utahraptor sizes up to the Microraptor. All comparisons I've seen yet involve the Deinonychus and the Velociraptor. Understandable, but Microraptor, while not an eudromaeosaur, is a dromaeosaurid too!  ;) Would also like to see the 4 together. That's how my Deinonychosaur shelf is going to look like soon, literally all my dromaeosaurids are Safari's. They do know how to handle them.

Based on the hints, I have a feeling the next Safari figure is going to be either Estemmenosuchus or Lisowicia. But we will found out soon.

I would also love if Safari brought back the Nasutoceratops and the Einiosaurus. Those were -and still are- very fine pieces. Any chances for that to happen S @Shane ?

Shane

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 07:19:54 PMI would also love if Safari brought back the Nasutoceratops and the Einiosaurus. Those were -and still are- very fine pieces. Any chances for that to happen S @Shane ?

As long as a mold is still viable, never say never.

However, 9 times out of 10, things get retired due to sales not being where they need to be.

So with recent figures that have been retired, it's not super likely that they'll be brought back anytime soon.

SidB

Quote from: Shane on May 19, 2023, 07:33:24 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 07:19:54 PMI would also love if Safari brought back the Nasutoceratops and the Einiosaurus. Those were -and still are- very fine pieces. Any chances for that to happen S @Shane ?

As long as a mold is still viable, never say never.

However, 9 times out of 10, things get retired due to sales not being where they need to be.

So with recent figures that have been retired, it's not super likely that they'll be brought back anytime soon.
That makes total sense, but once again it shows the extent of the gap between the general public and dino fans, so to speak. Those are/were two outstanding figures.

Stegotyranno420

Not my cup of tea but Eugy puzzles are kinda cute. Very impressed with the Deinocheirus.

Concavenator

S @Shane Thanks for the info! Guess I'll just remain hopeful about it and see if I eventually have luck...

TheCambrianCrusader

The Nasutoceratops really surprised me since its been becoming a more popular species lately. Glad I got both when I did

Sim

I was surprised the Nasutoceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus were retired as they have been popular in general lately.

SpartanSquat

Same, because I really like safari ceratopsians.
Which figures has been retired along with pachyrhino, nasuto and einio?

Gwangi

It would be nice to know which figures Safari (or any company) plans to retire each year. I usually don't end up finding out until it is too late, despite being active in these forums.

SpartanSquat

New teaser from safari, one friend shared me this in discord

Nyrorosaurus

Apparent Estemmenosuchus from a teaser on Twitter. Full reveal coming Thursday

suspsy

Yup, that's Estemmenosuchus. No mistaking that kisser.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

YES! It had to be! Fantastic!

ceratopsian

Some of us will already have the CollectA Estemmenosuchus.

Lynx

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on May 30, 2023, 06:04:18 PMApparent Estemmenosuchus from a teaser on Twitter. Full reveal coming Thursday

You know its gonna be good when already a tiny chunk of it looks amazing
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: