News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Concavenator

Would love to see a more detailed comparison of the Apatosaurus with Eofauna's Diplodocus specifically (and alongside the Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus too, though I know not many people have it).

Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 04:28:20 PMRemember there are big sales on Aliexpress a few times a year. Members including myself will alert when these sales are apparent.

Yes please! I don't buy figures as frequently as other members, so I don't have as good a grasp as others folks here do as to when there are big discounts going on AliExpress. I don't mind at all waiting to buy a particular figure if that means I can get it for cheaper. As it is now, the Apatosaurus is a bit on the expensive side for me, but it just screams: "I'm a must-have". Definitely planning to get it when the discount/s arises.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 if there's a noticeable discount going on AliExpress and if you manage to get some coupon/s, you might be able to get it under 55 USD.

D @Dinoguy2 I honestly find it really interesting that there were rumours for an updated Carnegie Stegosaurus, I didn't know that. What a sight would it have been! Rogers' Miragaia is stunning, so a Stegosaurus would've been spectacular too. To this day I still miss Carnegie.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator if it ever drops from 150 to  approximately  55 USD free shipping and return insurance, notify me. Mention me, PM me, send a telegram(i will learn morse code), aerial calligraphy with a jet plane, break into my house, ANYTHING you need to do  :))  :))  :))
Jokes aside, once again, thank you for showing me there is hope :)

Concavenator

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Glad to help!  :) The cheapest option for it that I'm currently seeing on AliExpress is the "no box" version from Model toy Center, which is going for 79,03 € (85,53 USD). So that's fairly lower than the official 150 USD price. That's why I said that, in addition, if you wait for a big AliExpress sale and grab some coupons, you might be able to get it around that 55 USD price point. Simply not sure if they'd ship to where you live, as apparently AliExpress doesn't ship to all countries? But hey, the option is there.

(Don't worry if anybody breaks into your house anyday now, because thanks to that guy you might get a nice Apatosaurus later on >:D )

Edit: Some more Apatosaurus pics from Baidu: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8421404489

SidB

Quote from: erlectric on May 18, 2023, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 18, 2023, 03:17:25 PMJust ordered the orange Apato for My Online Toy Store for 104.41 cdn total including shipping. Considering that the Canadian dollar is currently sitting just above 70 USD, I'm pleased.

would you mind sharing a link? for some reason new products are not shown for me in the shop, only with a direct link

UPD
https://sl.aliexpress.ru/p?key=tXQOZIl
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/626558?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.2.6a07551di4NaGL

Here you go, I hope, avatar_Samrukia @erlectric .

Remko

The Nasutoceratops, Tianzhenosaurus and Pentaceratops arrived today. Beautiful figures, and its's fun to see them all in the same scale, something PNSO should also do, especially for their ceratopsians.

I just realised that I have several of their figures, but none of their theropods (Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus), as they just don't do it for me. Better figures of these species are available from other companies.

Remko

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 07:50:20 PMWould love to see a more detailed comparison of the Apatosaurus with Eofauna's Diplodocus specifically (and alongside the Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus too, though I know not many people have it).

I'm lucky to have both these figures, and also got the Brachiosaurus for a normal price. Just found out yesterday that it's going for insane prices these days...
Buf will make some comparison shots when my figure arrives, as well as with Nanmu's Bastion.

Paleofiguras has also more comparison photo's of the figure with other sauropods and theropods on their facebookpage.
Including PNSO's Huanghetitan and Lingulong, as well as Eofauna's Atlasaurus and Rebor's Diplodocus.
Spoiler, the Apatosaurus is bigger and bulkier than Rebor's Diplodocus. Although not longer.

https://www.facebook.com/100066892290400/posts/pfbid02heEaMu4GBgyeM4mkEhpQdDhiRb5upj6hNpWJhyMAcNXgKmfYoeY5HjBEPG7115ZTl/

Sim

Quote from: Remko on May 20, 2023, 09:26:17 PMI just realised that I have several of their figures, but none of their theropods (Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus), as they just don't do it for me. Better figures of these species are available from other companies.
I disagree that a better Carcharodontosaurus than Haolonggood's is available from another company.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

This is the Apatosaurus I have wanted since I started collecting pretty much.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 21, 2023, 02:12:17 AMThis is the Apatosaurus I have wanted since I started collecting pretty much.

It's very nice. I can't wait to place it beside my Guilherme Bilinski Apato.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2023, 05:32:11 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 21, 2023, 02:12:17 AMThis is the Apatosaurus I have wanted since I started collecting pretty much.

It's very nice. I can't wait to place it beside my Guilherme Bilinski Apato.

Zeus definitely has the better head sculpt. Captures the squared, wide vaccum mouth a lot better than Haolonggood's IMO. Looking forward to the comparisons!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halonggood looks a bit like the JW Apato there?

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2023, 06:48:24 AMHalonggood looks a bit like the JW Apato there?

Yes, very reminiscent of the JW Apatosaurus, the grey version especially so.

Concavenator

Quote from: Remko on May 20, 2023, 09:41:01 PMI'm lucky to have both these figures, and also got the Brachiosaurus for a normal price. Just found out yesterday that it's going for insane prices these days...
Buf will make some comparison shots when my figure arrives, as well as with Nanmu's Bastion.

Oh I would appreciate that a lot, thank you! Congrats on the Brachio, yeah it's absurdly expensive these days...

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  Bilinski's is not an Apatosaurus, it's a Brontosaurus.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on May 21, 2023, 11:52:29 PM
Quote from: Remko on May 20, 2023, 09:41:01 PMI'm lucky to have both these figures, and also got the Brachiosaurus for a normal price. Just found out yesterday that it's going for insane prices these days...

Oh I would appreciate that a lot, thank you! Congrats on the Brachio, yeah it's absurdly expensive these days...

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  Bilinski's is not an Apatosaurus, it's a Brontosaurus.

Oh right of course. But considering Brontosaurus has no skull recovered to my knowledge, it's very likely Bilinski based Zeus's reconstruction on Apatosaurus. And the point still stands on the anatomical precision.

vampiredesign

Amazon, have drawn a commission, but there are also transportation costs included because the packaging has several layers of protection (box+box). The costs in all aspects are very high. We will slow down our production this month and bring more new products early next month.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 22, 2023, 03:36:07 AMAmazon, have drawn a commission, but there are also transportation costs included because the packaging has several layers of protection (box+box). The costs in all aspects are very high. We will slow down our production this month and bring more new products early next month.

Wonderful job with the Apatosaurus, looking forward to more reviews on it!

And definitely looking forward to what else Haolonggood has to offer, you guys have made great waves recently. Keep it up!

Paleo Flo

Still think to add the "Mustard" or the "Coffee" Versions of the Penta, though I have the Papo one and I'm quite happy with it. There is the croco-back which I don't like
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 22, 2023, 10:45:05 AMStill think to add the "Mustard" or the "Coffee" Versions of the Penta, though I have the Papo one and I'm quite happy with it. There is the croco-back which I don't like

i get the croco scutes are a massive turnoff for many, but for 35 from in hand experience its a steal and the papo has the ( to me) worse issue of to the bone skinwrapping making it sorta a walking zombie once u know the animals anatomy

postsaurischian

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 12:44:38 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 22, 2023, 10:45:05 AMStill think to add the "Mustard" or the "Coffee" Versions of the Penta, though I have the Papo one and I'm quite happy with it. There is the croco-back which I don't like

i get the croco scutes are a massive turnoff for many, but for 35 from in hand experience its a steal and the papo has the ( to me) worse issue of to the bone skinwrapping making it sorta a walking zombie once u know the animals anatomy

I like the "croco scutes" :) . They're ceratopsian scutes to me.
And I would never judge a figure by its price. Either it's beautiful or not. After that decision I look at the price and when I have the money, I buy it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: