News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuraro

Well, thanks PNSO for saving my money for Haolonggood)) To be honest, I was really hoping for brachiosaurus. I wonder, what pose they will choose for this rex model...

ceratopsian

I have to say I'm disappointed. Not what I wanted to see after the long wait (and the extended run of theropods, some very similar, before that). I was really anticipating something fresh and innovative.

Remko

We first have to see what species it is.
Perhaps not Tyrannosaurus but Daspletosaurus or another large Tyrannosaurid?

But yeah, something else would have been better.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faras on May 21, 2023, 03:54:18 AMPost from new CEO (said official release on Monday):

WILSON BUT GOOD OH MY GOD FINALLY
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SRF

Quote from: SRF on May 19, 2023, 06:48:57 AMI wonder if PNSO would normally share more information with avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen on what the new releases will be than they do for this new release? If so, while they are keeping things to themselves now, I wonder if that means that we're in for a big surprise. A redone Wilson with smaller scales and maybe even lips?  ;D

Lack of lips aside, my gut feeling was right this time. Looking forward to the full release. These images seem to be in hand photos of the actual model, instead of a prototype.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Remko on May 21, 2023, 08:56:58 AMWe first have to see what species it is.
Perhaps not Tyrannosaurus but Daspletosaurus or another large Tyrannosaurid?

But yeah, something else would have been better.
It's definitely another Tyrannosaurus. Matches closely with their Tyrannosaurus artwork from what we can see so far.

Yeah, I am not happy with this release. It actually doesn't bother me to have another release or update of Wilson the Tyrannosaurus but more so the idea for PNSO to just ignore a vast majority of their recent species they've been showcasing in their artwork lately is quite annoying.

I wonder if Prehistoric Planet's debut has any influence on this release?

I'll wait to see full reveal to be give my opinion about the model, but so far I am more inclined to order the current Wilson over the new.

Cretaceous Crab

Something looks off with the teeth and claws...like they were photoshopped or something. Image looks a little doctored

Quiversaurus

Wow if this is really a Wilson remake, that's kinda exciting, especially with better scalation. But the teeth and claws look a bit sloppily painted, which is giving me pause.

Will wait to see the proper reveal before passing judgement, but I must say I have a soft spot for my current Wilson 2.0 and can't imagine swapping him out - he's been around for a while now and is still one of my favourite models...

Medzo

Not a great photo taking the quality, but remember that real hand models are actually look like this. They're but clearly smaller so it can be more of an honest take this time.

If it is a Wilson remake I myself will be totally happy about it. I've missed Winter Wilson waiting for a remake exactly like this.

Faelrin

The sloppy paint is a big no no with how much these things typically go for. I knew a Wilson remake was inevitable, but this being yet another theropod, and of course lipless (despite the recent paper), is disappointing to say the least. I really don't need another T. rex when I have both BotM's 1/35 figure, and Rebor's.

Really hope for something different for a change for their next release.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

The current Wilson is still my favourite PNSO figure despite everything that came after it, so I'm excited about an improved version. Also, I definitely don't think a Daspletosaurus would be a Museum Line figure.

The fact that PNSO releases a new T. Rex on the same date Prehistoric Planet 2 airs shows that the new CEO knows how to market his products and to choose the right moments for it. Looking forward to PNSO's future.

Skorpio V.

To bring the mood up, I like how the skull is more similar to their old figures of Tyrannosaurus! Not that the AMNH specimen sculpt was bad at all but the texturing with keratin over the eyes is sooo appealing. I'm just crossing my fingers that the style it's sculpted and painted in is similar enough to Eofauna's that they can match as a pair.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

I'm looking forward to this new figure, as I don't have a Tyrannosaurus in my collection.  The current Wilson's crocodile mouth was very unappealing to me.  I understand that some people would have liked a non-theropod, but Haolonggood has been releasing a lot of non-theropod dinosaurs so there is an abundance of new non-theropod dinosaur figures still.  I guess it's only a matter of time before PNSO releases a new adult Spinosaurus...  I have to say I found PNSO's Mamenchisaurus and Lingwulong ugly with their exposed teeth.  Thinking about it, I don't want sauropods from PNSO if they come like that.  Exposed teeth are fine for me if the sauropod's mouth is open though.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on May 21, 2023, 08:39:11 PMI'm looking forward to this new figure, as I don't have a Tyrannosaurus in my collection.  The current Wilson's crocodile mouth was very unappealing to me.  I understand that some people would have liked a non-theropod, but Haolonggood has been releasing a lot of non-theropod dinosaurs so there is an abundance of new non-theropod dinosaur figures still.  I guess it's only a matter of time before PNSO releases a new adult Spinosaurus...  I have to say I found PNSO's Mamenchisaurus and Lingwulong ugly with their exposed teeth.  Thinking about it, I don't want sauropods from PNSO if they come like that.  Exposed teeth are fine for me if the sauropod's mouth is open though.
I agree. I too am fine with another therapod since Haolonggood's rise to fame and appreciation, but I truly believe the majority who are not too keen with this Tyrannosaurus is due to the lack of lips. Not so much it being another therapod, but it's another therapod without lips.

Though, my opinion still stands to be disappointed that PNSO ignores species including therapods that have yet to be made and would definitely receive a lot of love for being made.

Sim

It would be good if PNSO focused on making types of animals that they haven't made, like dromaeosaurids.  Only late last year PNSO made their first therizinosaurian and ornithomimosaurian though, so hopefully they'll get to those other groups at some point.

Also, I'm pleased PNSO didn't make a Tyrannotitan!  I'm hoping this new figure will be the ultimate Tyrannosaurus for me!

suspsy

I can get past the lack of lips, but would it really kill PNSO to make a T. rex that isn't brown for a change?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

So this one is based on Sue as well (one of the pictures shared by Paleofiguras is Sues skull).

I love it! Great figure. I wonder what name it will get. Hopefully a different one than "Wilson".

Edit: looking at a picture of the box, the figure also comes with the deformed Sue skull, just like the Triceratops had a skull alongside with it.

Faras

Lynx

Dunno how to feel about this one yet
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: