News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Really great figure, even if we already had an Estemmenosuchus with CollectAs it's always cool to have options (and more Paleozoic critters in general!) and sculpt-wise I'm pretty sure I prefer this one, love the mammalian feel to it (the head especially is great)
Also great job on the review, the last photos in nature really make the figure shine, definitely a must have imo

GojiraGuy1954

Dammit now I have to have two Estemmenosuchus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Jose S.M.

The pictures on the review are great it looks really beautiful. So far I want all 3 prehistoric reveals, I wonder if there will be more to come.

Thialfi

It's so pretty, I love how real it looks and like said before, how a mammalian feels shines through. It's got a great active pose to it as well. I'm really fond of CollectA's version as well but this one feels more active and alive. Can't wait to pair them up, I hope we can see it land in Europe soon!

Skorpio V.

That sculpt just BEGS for a repaint, or at least some accenting on the head.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Chasmosaurus

Thank you safari ltd and avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson  i suppose. :)
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Fembrogon

I've never gotten around to buying Collecta's version of the genus, as pleased as I was to see it made; but this looks like a definite improvement.
The brown & orange might be repetitive compared to Safari's overall catalog, but I think it looks just fine next to the very-differently-colored Majungasaurus and Utahraptor also released this year. The contrast is appreciated.
Man, I am ITCHING to get all these new releases! Everyone's been talking about the future of PNSO and Haolonggood, but honestly right now I want my Safari fix more than anything else.

SidB

I like the striking head on view of the cranial ornaments with their yellowish coloration. Much better than the presentation of the CollectA one, which I do own. Seems smaller than the CollectA one, though. Anyone know or guess the scale?

Concavenator

Based on that description teaser, I didn't think I'd be interested in this offering, but I was wrong. Estemmenosuchus is an interesting creature, and unlike the CollectA, I quite like this one. I can see why some may not like the colors, but I actually like them! It somehow gives off Zdenek Burian's vibes. Planning to get it at some point, though who knows when... Safari figures' availability in Europe has been terrible as of late...

Quote from: Shane on May 31, 2023, 01:26:59 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 30, 2023, 09:54:05 PMJust like every Safari model it seems

Exactly, just like the Albertosaurus, or the Majungasaurus, or the Utahraptor, or the Cryolophosaurus...oh, wait.

Even the Cryolophosaurus has some orangey to it.

TheCambrianCrusader

YES YES, I NEED IT!!
The sculpt on this guy is gorgeous! I already loved the Collecta model but this one absolutely nails it!
The Collecta is gonna be getting a new roommate, I can never say no to more proto-mammals!

TheCambrianCrusader

Perhaps one could hope for a Titanophoneus to pair with it..? ;D

SenSx

Is it 1/35 ?
Or closer to than 1/35 than the Collecta ?

Shane

According to the review from avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi this is in a 1/24 scale.

SenSx

Quote from: Shane on June 01, 2023, 07:25:20 PMAccording to the review from avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi this is in a 1/24 scale.

Oh really ?
Compare to the biggest Estemmenosuchus type ?
The Collecta must be huge then...

Pachyrhinosaurus

This one turned out great! I like the mammalian influence-- it reminds me of a hippo. It makes CollectA's look stiff and reptilian by comparison.

My only criticism is the paint. It looks better in the in-hand photos than the stock photos, but I still would have made the underside a medium gray brown. I prefer to see North American species prioritized, but of course I'm not going to complain since we're lucky to finally be getting another synapsid from Safari after all these theropods.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: SenSx on June 01, 2023, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: Shane on June 01, 2023, 07:25:20 PMAccording to the review from avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi this is in a 1/24 scale.

Oh really ?
Compare to the biggest Estemmenosuchus type ?
The Collecta must be huge then...

CollectA's is 1/14 in scale according to its review. It's also 21 cm long while Safari's is about 12 cm.

Bread

Awesome! A bigger reason for me to buy 2 of these rather than CollectA's.

SenSx

Yes I would favor the smaller scale, and I prefer the hippo look as well.

SpartanSquat

Question: This was sculpted by doug?

Concavenator

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: