News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What would we like CollectA to make?

Started by Sim, June 01, 2023, 06:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Since there has been polls for what we'd like Safari to make, I thought it could be good to do the same for CollectA to show them the support they have for making species we'd like.  In this thread please post the five animals you'd most like CollectA to make for the following categories: Theropods, Ornithischians, Sauropodomorphs, Pterosaurs, and Other.  After a week has passed I'll make polls that contain those animals and afterwards I'll show the results to CollectA on Facebook.

I'll start with my picks!

Theropods
Cryolophosaurus (feathered)
Ornitholestes
Saurornitholestes langstoni
Tawa hallae
Zhenyuanlong

Ornithischians
Mantellisaurus (standing or walking)
Scelidosaurus (bipedal)
Scolosaurus
Stegosaurus ungulatus

Sauropodomorphs
Amargasaurus (new)
Barosaurus (1:40 scale)
Brontosaurus (1:40 scale)
Plateosaurus (new)
Shunosaurus (new)

Pterosaurs
Rhamphorhynchus
Mini pterosaur set

GojiraGuy1954

Theropods

Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis
Maip macrothorax
Dryptosaurus aquilunguis
Falcarius utahensis
Gigantoraptor erlianensis

Sauropods

Plateosaurus trossingensis
Nigersaurus taqueti
Barosaurus lentus
Brachytrachelopan mesai
Xinjiangtitan shanshanesis

Ornithschia

Heterodontosaurus tucki
Udanoceratops tschizhovi
Einiosaurus procurvicornis
Torosaurus latus
Ouranosaurus nigeriensis

Pterosaurs

Anurognathus ammoni
Cycnorhamphus suevicus
Nyctosaurus gracilis
Tupandactylus imperator
Hatzegopteryx thambema

Crocodylomorphs

Barinasuchus arveloi
Simosuchus clarki
Anatosuchus minor
Armadillosuchus arrudai
Stomatosuchus inermis
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Good idea for a thread! I like some of your choices. Here are mine:

Theropods

Austroraptor
Zhenyuanlong (1:10)
Halszkaraptor (1:6)
Zanabazar (1:10)
Gallimimus

Ornithischians

Maiasaura (please no nest/babies)
Leaellynasaura
Saurolophus
Edmontonia
Scutellosaurus (1:10)

Sauropodomorphs

Amargasaurus (new)
Shunosaurus (new)
Plateosaurus (new)
Ampelosaurus (new)
Eoraptor (1:6)

Pterosaurs

Rhamphorhynchus (1:10)
Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni
Anurognathus (1:2)

Other

Tiktaalik
Shonisaurus
Plesiosaurus
Aquilolamna
Nothosaurus

(In no particular order in each category)

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2023, 07:40:39 PMavatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 They already made an Einiosaurus.

Yeah but its small and not good and also maybe retired i can't remember

Sim

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, I can include Einiosaurus in the poll if you give it something to differ from CollectA's existing Einiosaurus.  Perhaps "larger than the existing one"?  As far as I'm aware CollectA's current Einiosaurus isn't retired.  I personally think it's very good, but I don't want to have ceratopsids with filaments.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on June 01, 2023, 08:32:21 PMavatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, I can include Einiosaurus in the poll if you give it something to differ from CollectA's existing Einiosaurus.  Perhaps "larger than the existing one"?  As far as I'm aware CollectA's current Einiosaurus isn't retired.  I personally think it's very good, but I don't want to have ceratopsids with filaments.
just make it a new sculpt and a deluxe release

Dusty Wren

The figures I'd like most from CollectA are all extinct mammals, because CollectA produces great mammals and they seem to be one of the few toy companies that does it on a regular basis. Can I ask why we're limiting the categories to extinct reptiles?
Check out my customs thread!

Sim

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954: Got it!

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren: Sorry, maybe I should have said that other categories can be made by others if they want to, and that I'm personally not doing the others as I'm not interested in having those animals made by CollectA.

postsaurischian

Faelrin

That's a really great suggestion. It's a shame there's no up to date figure of the first pterosaur discovered, Pterodactylus itself. CollectA has done such a great job with their pterosaurs, like their memorable Dimorphodon.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I'm going to swap Tawa for Daspletosaurus horneri and add Harpactognathus in 1:35 scale to the pterosaur figures I'd like from CollectA.

Jose S.M.

I would like to see them do dromeosaurs. They haven't made one in a while right? And the more recent one was a Microraptor if I'm not mistaken.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Sim on June 02, 2023, 02:48:50 PMavatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren: Sorry, maybe I should have said that other categories can be made by others if they want to, and that I'm personally not doing the others as I'm not interested in having those animals made by CollectA.

Fair enough! CollectA's extant ungulate figures are so good that I'm hoping they'll tackle some extinct ones eventually, especially Sivatherium, Bramatherium, Xenokeryx, or Prolibytherium.

I'd also really like to see a Simbakubwa from CollectA.
Check out my customs thread!

Sim

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M.: Yes, CollectA's only recent dromaeosaurid is the Microraptor, which came out quite strange in my opinion.  The iridescence, remiges and rectrices are good, but then it has a featherless face and strange body feathers that just ruin it to me.  I'd like CollectA to make more dromaeosaurids and improve, as they can, their sauropods used to be unremarkable but now they are my favourite company for sauropods, they've gotten so good at them!  Also, I have a feeling terrestrial dromaeosaurids would come out better by CollectA than a volant one like Microraptor since flightless birds can have shaggier feathers.  CollectA has proven they can do smoother feathers too though.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren: If you'd like, once it's time to make the polls you can make one for an "Other" category and I'll link CollectA to that one when I do it for the polls I'll create.

Sim

I'm going to swap Daspletosaurus horneri with Zanabazar junior in my theropod choices.  I would like a good troodontid figure more than another good tyrannosauroid.

Bread

Maybe this is just me personally, but I enjoy CollectA's ceratopsians that feature any sort of quill structure along the end towards the tail/hip area.

So any sort of ceratopsians we have yet to see in the market.

Hadrosaurs are always welcomed by me.

With Koolasuchus being a highlight of the recent lineup, maybe we could have Prionosuchus? Rheic Studios has me tempted but amphibians and marine animals are not a high priority so I want to avoid that route. CollectA or Safari could easily fill this void for me.

Concavenator

I indicated the scales I want the smaller species at, since "huge" as I said is subjective. I also created a category for marine creatures and included some genera in it. And avatar_Sim @Sim you've convinced me to swap Anchiornis with Zanabazar. I've always said dromaeosaurids are overlooked, but troodontids get even less attention. We really do need a good troodontid! I also swapped Brachylophosaurus with Leaellynasaura (this would also make sense considering the new Koolasuchus  ::)).

I'd still like an Anchiornis and a Brachylophosaurus but I need any of the other 5 theropods and ornithischians I listed even more.

Sim

Since there's much interest in CollectA making species outside of the four groups I initially specified, I'll make a poll for other prehistoric animals too.  I've modified the first post to reflect this.

Halichoeres

Most dinosaurs worth making [edited to add: meaning that there is a pretty decent proportion of the skeleton preserved] have been made or are likely to be made in the near future, or a nearly identical relative has been, so I'll limit my requests there to:

an alvarezsaurid, any genus.

For pterosaurs:
Caulkicephalus
Cearadactylus
Dorygnathus
Harpactognathus
Pterodactylus

For "other":
Cotylorhynchus
Elginia
Eretmorhipis
Leedsichthys
Zatrachys

I could go on but I'll stop there.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

given that it is collecta,
Sauropodomorphs(all deluxe/1:40-1:35)
 Barosaurus
Supersaurus
Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Xinjiangtitan

Theropods:
Yangchuanosaurus
Torvosaurus (revised and deluxe)
Deluxe Megalosaurus
Rajasaurus (revised)
Ornithschia:
Stegosaurus
Scelidosaurus
Shatungosaurus
Magnapaulia
Other:
Rhizodus,
Prionosuchus,
 Scutosaurus and
 Omnidens are my choices.

Edit:
avatar_Sim @Sim here it is with only 5.
avatar_Sim @Sim I changed some genera
avatar_Sim @Sim prveious changes didnt save

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: