News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Repaints

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, July 18, 2022, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2023, 11:11:47 PMI don't have Instagram but I'll happily feast my eyes on anything shared here!
I'll keep on posting and updating on new additions here, the instagram is just an extra  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 04, 2023, 05:52:07 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2023, 11:11:47 PMI don't have Instagram but I'll happily feast my eyes on anything shared here!
I'll keep on posting and updating on new additions here, the instagram is just an extra  ;)

Excellent news!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Finally I can update on the Battat Maiasaura Diorama which I sculpted the base and second nest with eggs back in August 2022 (yeah... this is long overdue...). There are pictures in this thread.

Today I painted those custom parts. Now all thats left is sealing the paint and assembling everything with the wooden base. I varnished latter a while back but never posted about it. I'm excited to soon show off the final result.

Sorry for the bad lighting. I worked outside and the sun is setting.

Pliosaurking

That diorama looks great, good job!

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking Thank you!  :)

I'm happy to present the final product:

Bread

Looks great, although a shame we have yet to get an updated Maiasaura. Being an iconic "Mother Dinosaur" and all. Excited to see your other future projects.

Pliosaurking

The end result is fantastic, and once again good job! Like avatar_Bread @Bread said however it is a real shame we have yet to get an updated Maiasaura, hopefully someone makes one either this year or the next.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you both very much! avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking avatar_Bread @Bread Totally agree - I haven't lost hope, that PNSO will tackle this genus in the future. :)

ceratopsian

A good diorama for a deserving and often ignored mother dinosaur.  Like the rest of you, I'd love an updated Maiasaura!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian .

Today I started sculpting an Adalatherium. Thought this would be a great addition after its glorious appearance on PP2.

Here's what I've done today:

This sculpt is going to be HUGE... way bigger even than the Megatherium - and that already was a colossus. I'm starting to see a pattern of my sculpts getting bigger and bigger every time  ::) . Im going for a lying Adalatherium (Capybara style) and maybe even add a sleeping juvenile. Who knows. Also this will be the first time sculpting a figure with an opened mouth (teeth exposed). I'm quite scared of the teeth etc. If anyone got some tips or tricks I'm happy to read about them.

Cheers.

BlueKrono

What material are you sculpting with? Green stuff is getting too expensive for me.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dusty Wren

Oh, this looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see this sculpt as it evolves.

For the teeth, make them separately and bake them ahead of time. Then you can push an unbaked snake of clay inside the jaws to act as gums and press the baked teeth into it. A little Sculpey liquid adhesive (this stuff) on the end of each tooth will help hold them in there.
Check out my customs thread!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 05, 2023, 07:23:08 PMWhat material are you sculpting with? Green stuff is getting too expensive for me.
FIMO oven hardening polymer clay - which is not cheap at all either... I usually buy it in bulk and online. That's the cheapest way. But I'm still looking for a equally good and cheaper option as well.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 05, 2023, 07:53:09 PMOh, this looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see this sculpt as it evolves.

For the teeth, make them separately and bake them ahead of time. Then you can push an unbaked snake of clay inside the jaws to act as gums and press the baked teeth into it. A little Sculpey liquid adhesive (this stuff) on the end of each tooth will help hold them in there.

Thanks! Thats a great tip :) I will do that!

BlueKrono

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 05, 2023, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 05, 2023, 07:23:08 PMWhat material are you sculpting with? Green stuff is getting too expensive for me.
FIMO oven hardening polymer clay - which is not cheap at all either... I usually buy it in bulk and online. That's the cheapest way. But I'm still looking for a equally good and cheaper option as well.

Oven-hardening, huh? Does that shrink at all? That's why I've usually stuck with Green Stuff. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 06, 2023, 05:18:43 AMOven-hardening, huh? Does that shrink at all? That's why I've usually stuck with Green Stuff. 

It doesn't - no. I can also bake it multiple times when I work in steps with a bigger figure.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Update photo post:

Head mostly done. Ears will come with the neck and "cranium expansion"  ;D  when attaching to the body.

Halichoeres

That's cool as hell. Already looks good, can't wait to see it with chompers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Very well done! Beautifully sculpted head. It's going to be an adorable model.
 Reminds me a bit of Sean Cooper's style for his 1:20 mammals.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Thank you both very much! I appreciate it and I will most definitely take that compliment avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: