News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Gwangi

Gwangi

suspsy

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on June 08, 2023, 01:29:38 AMWWD Ornithocheirus by Toyway.

https://dinotoyblog.com/ornithocheirus-walking-with-dinosaurs-by-toyway/

That's a review I never thought I would
see. Wonderful that it's now part of the blog's database.

suspsy

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2023, 12:11:38 PMBella and Beth are back to commemorate a very special occasion:

https://dinotoyblog.com/triceratops-research-jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-by-lego/

I'm not really interested in LEGO, but this is a splendid review - very entertaining :) .

bmathison1972

I really love the Bella and Beth reviews! avatar_suspsy @suspsy - you need some extant Lego sets so they can make an appearance on ATB  8)

suspsy

https://dinotoyblog.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-1-18-kickstarter-exclusivebeasts-of-the-mesozoic-by-creative-beast-studio/

After consideration, I've deleted the quote from Emily Willoughby in this review and replaced it with some thoughts of my own, which is what I should have done in the first place. She may be a talented and insightful paleoartist, but it's come to my attention that she's said and done a great many things over the years pertaining to the subject of race, things which I consider to be utterly abhorrent, especially given that I myself am of mixed race. I regret not paying closer attention in the first place, but it's not too late to correct my mistake. If you wish to know more, you can check out this link:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Emily_Willoughby

And if for some reason you dislike or don't agree with my decision, well, too bad.

postsaurischian

I have never heard of her name, so I checked the wiki link you shared.
 I already stopped reading after the first sentence. "Right-wing paleoartist" - What is this :P ?
 Definitely not worth wasting my time.

edit: I quickly checked her art, just to foreclose that I bought anything from her, but phew! There's nothing. I'm glad.
         Except for motion pictures, I'm not interested in digital art anyway.

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 13, 2023, 04:34:36 PMI have never heard of her name, so I checked the wiki link you shared.
 I already stopped reading after the first sentence. "Right-wing paleoartist" - What is this :P ?
 Definitely not worth wasting my time.

edit: I quickly checked her art, just to foreclose that I bought anything from her, but phew! There's nothing. I'm glad.
         Except for motion pictures, I'm not interested in digital art anyway.

I do recommend going through that link just to get a full appreciation of that woman's toxicity. I considered her a wonderful person only a year ago. She had offered up some free copies of her recently released paleoart book in exchange for recipients writing reviews of it, and I took her up on the offer. And when she wasn't able to send me a copy, she sent me an Amazon gift card instead so I could buy it. And I did write a glowing review which I shared widely on social media (pretty sure I've deleted all the posts now). I hate to think that there may be even one person out there who believes that I share or condone Willoughby's vile views in the slightest. And that I ended up helping to make money for her. Like I said, I should have paid closer attention. I am very ashamed and angry right now. >:(

Gwangi

I bought a piece of Emily Willoughby's art during the Jurassic World challenge back when that movie came out. I have regrets.

Remko

I never knew this about her. Always enjoyed her paleoart.

But you can always be mislead.
For those who know him, Andrew Probert, the artist responsible for Airwolf, the refurbished Enterprise from Star Trek The Motion Picture, the Romulan Warbird and, most famously, the Galaxy class Enterprise NCC 1701-D, is a diehard Trump supporter.

Just to show that even someone who has been involved with something so progressive and tolerant as Star Trek, can still have very different political views.

EmperorDinobot

How terrible of her to be that way. And sadly, they never change. They double down on their vile rhetoric most of the time. Anyone here heard of the term "metanoia"? For one to have a change of heart, one must have an open heart, or to be at least somewhat self-aware.

I think she has done artwork for some BOTM figures. I can provide a...mostly complete list. I'm due to check the raptors' packaging to throw out (and to get the extra parts/collector card) sometime this week, so I can compile that part of the list. You know, just for...the...sake of...posterity...

Edit: No, no she hasn't, she is not involved with BOTM in any way, thank God, and I feel rightfully dumb for having claimed so.

Takama

I First heard of her Views on Race awhile back, and honestly, I was in legit denial thinking it was a hoax or somthing. I Admired her Paleoart. But Never thoght she stoop so low, now to see she is legit in these "views towards race" Im at a loss for words.

Sim

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I'm pretty sure she hasn't done any BotM package art.

EmperorDinobot

I'm going to double check anyways, just to be safe, and because my obsessive compulsive disorder demands it, but either way, let us not talk about her anymore.

https://dinotoyblog.com/guanlong-wucaii-creative-beast-studios-beasts-of-the-mesozoic-tyrannosaur-series/

Let me know if I need to retake some photos. I have 4 reviews ready to go, and pictures of 20 or so items (I kinda learned how to take better pictures with my ridiculously complicated phone), so you'll be hearing a lot from me this month. I apologize if I sound a bit dumb sometimes, but I did fry my head last weekend, and I can be quite dense sometimes.

Edit: Yes, quite dense, and no, she hasn't done any BOTM work.

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot She hasn't done any artwork for BotM. To claim so is to spread misinformation.

The only artists involved for package art have been:

-Jonathan Kuo (Raptor Series)
-Mark Schultz (Raptor Series Print)
-Sara Richard (Raptor Series FC)
-Jax Jocson and Carlo Arellano (Ceratopsian Series)
-Ezra Tucker (Ceratopsian Series print and package art, Tyrannosaur Series print and package art)
-Raul Ramos (Ceratopsian Series, Tyrannosaur Series print and package art)
-Shannon Beaumont (Ceratopsian Series, Tyrannosaur Series, Other)
-RJ Palmer (Ceratopsian Series, Tyrannosaur Series)
-Gabriel Ugueto (Tyrannosaur series, Ceratopsian Series FC, Other)
-Raph Lomotan (Tyrannosaur series, Ceratopsian Series FC, Other)
-Ross Persichetti (Other)
-David James Armsby (Ceratopsian Series FC)
-Nate Baertsch (Cyberzoic Steelhorn)

This does not include concept art guest artists (those not done by David Silva), or for Cyberozoic yet. I can add those after but it will take a bit more digging to do so. Regardless I'm almost certain she hasn't contributed towards any of that either.

I think I might also make a new thread later today with a more comprehensive list of the specific package art the artists have contributed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

That is a good idea. My apologies with the Emily BOTM art claim. I swear I saw her name a few days ago before this while looking at something relating to BOTM, which are ever present in my life right now (then I would know, right?). Mind's staring to play bad tricks on me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: