News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleo Flo's Collection

Started by Paleo Flo, January 14, 2023, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludodactylus

Nice additions! I'm a big fan of the Papo Pentaceratops and love seeing it in others' collections.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Halichoeres

Nice pickups! The Safari Albertosaurus has really grown on me, despite the fact that I'm not an especially big tyrannosaur fan. The textures are really nice, and the color scheme works surprisingly well.

And that Olorotitan is an absolute beauty.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 01, 2023, 03:49:55 PMI haven't seen the Spinosaurus side by side with other theropods. I'm a little tempted to get it.

You won't regret it! In my opinion that is the best of the many Spinos out there. I personally think, that the head is the showpiece of the figure which captures the essence of the Spinosaurus.

Quote from: SidB on March 01, 2023, 03:44:51 PMVery nice indeed, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo . You have good taste in dino collectibles.

Thanks a lot. Sometimes it's very hard to resist. There are so many cool figures out there...you almost could get lost.

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 02, 2023, 04:14:16 AMNice pickups! The Safari Albertosaurus has really grown on me, despite the fact that I'm not an especially big tyrannosaur fan. The textures are really nice, and the color scheme works surprisingly well.

And that Olorotitan is an absolute beauty.

That was my thought when I hold in my hands. Much better than the promotional pictures.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a nice Haul. Congrats! The Acro is really good. Would be my go to, if i wouldn't have the (not that great) Papo Acro.

Paleo Flo

Dear fellow members of DTF,
I'm taking a break from serious collecting.

My interest in dinosaurs did not decline, but the fun in purchasing toys and models.

I have a feeling, which I would describe as moving away from the my very personal view on dinosaurs and the prehistoric world.

In recent years I visited a lot of museums and I have to say: no toy or model could be compared to the fossils and skeleton casts in the sense of giving my a very unique sense of wonder.

The science and history of palaeontology is my personal main focus and when I rediscovered that hobby buying a figure was a nice addition, a souvenir.

In the beginning the Safari LTD. and CollectA-offerings symbolized everything I wanted. They looked good and hat a lot of diversity. It was a very great time.

In the last years one company after another appear on the scene. First it was exciting. Now for me it feels overcrowded, fiercely contested and in total overpriced. To say it dramatically: it had lost it's innocence for me.

So, I will have to reflect on my original feelings and point of interests of this very cool hobby.

To say it right: I will not boycott someone or something and I will not convert anyone. It is my personal point of view. And I'm not saying, that I will not buy any items in the future.
I still want a nice Parasaurolophus for my collection and I'am looking forward for Eofaunas take on Tyrannosaurus.  But that is it.

I will stay in this awesome forum as an active member. But my focus is changing. So I don't know where I will go from here. Maybe I will sell some items, but I haven't decided on that yet.

I met a lot of nice and cool persons here and I appreciate that. It was pure fun.

See you soon and greetings
Paleo Flo

Halichoeres

Even if you dial back your activity, I hope you're able to find enjoyment in the hobby. I think I understand what you mean, there is something more purely toy-like in Safari and CollectA products.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Paleo Flo

That's right.

The visual appearance of dinosaurs change regular, the skeletons and their reconstructions not that much.

Paleo Flo

It's been a while.

Meanwhile PNSOs Andrea the female T-Rex has moved in. I think this model could be timeless because of it's unique appearance.
Man, the skull is so awesome.

Also now in the Florassic Park:
- PNSO Parasaurolophus
- CollectA Edmontosaurus
- CollectA Brightstoneus

And the CollectA Ceratosuchops. I like it's appearance and it's connected in a very personal way to me

Fossilized-Rubber

Your displays are so clean and uncluttered. Where did you get that glass-fronted cabinet for your minis?
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Paleo Flo

Thanks a lot. Since then the arrival of several big figures, I still have to figure out, how I can hold these standards. May a new glass shelve has to come.

I don't know exactly ^^
My father gave it to me years ago. I think you could get these from Ikea or a furniture store

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 08, 2023, 06:22:08 AMThat's right.

The visual appearance of dinosaurs change regular, the skeletons and their reconstructions not that much.
Thanks for the trek through Florassic Park, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo.

Paleo Flo

S @SidB Thanks a lot...Maybe I will post pics of it later

Halichoeres

Good choices! I really enjoy CollectA's ornithopods.

Paleo Flo

The final figures arrived at the Florassic Park.
After these three acquisations I'll take a break from serious collecting.
Put I will look out for the Eofauna Rex...which could stage a comeback for me.

The "Final 3" are all from PNSO and are pure icons!

- Lambeosaurus
I had that figure on my mind since it's release and now it is here. It has one of the best patterns, which are very unique.

- T-Rex Cameron
I could not resist. A great piece of art and a wonderful addition for my Andrea Rex.

- Megalosaurus
One of my fav dinosaurus which is a historical landmark. My collection ends with the beginning of paleontology.

Maybe I will post pics later.

"The end ist the beginning is the end"...with a bang

Concavenator

Congrats, that's a good ending (or at least a temporary one)! Will you be replacing Cameron whenever you get the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus?

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Concavenator on September 28, 2023, 08:03:59 PMCongrats, that's a good ending (or at least a temporary one)! Will you be replacing Cameron whenever you get the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus?

Thanks a lot my friend.  ^-^

I don't think so, despite it was my target just to have one figure/model per genus.
For the personal favs I made an exception. T-Rex is one of that, next to Megalosaurus, Carnotaurus and Edmontosaurus.
Funny, that I don't have more Iguanodons arroud here (just two Invictas and the CollectA deluxe). ^^

The models I have are to good to replace them.
Tyrannosaurus as a genus has the most models in my collection. From Invicta to Safari 1988 to JP to feathered Wils Safari to the jumping Rex skeleton from Bandai Namco on to Andrea and now to Cameron and hopefully soon Eofauna... it's like a walk through time and a window to the past: the evolution of T-Rex reconstructions. To hart to resist. It's a very special dinosaur indeed.

As I called it to my wife and friends, when they asked my what's about it I often say: "Jaws of love"...that describes my feelings about that genus very well.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.