News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 07, 2023, 02:58:58 PM[First attempt to post this lost thanks to those nefarious red letters]

I have a 1 year old, and despite my best efforts to put things high up he still manages to get ahold of Daddy's toys sometimes. I worry about my Imperial dinos from the early 90's and anything from China in the 2020's for the same reason: lead.
Wait, what is there backing this up. I'd doubt PNSO would be in business if they had Lead.

avatar_Bread @Bread I didn't mean to jump towards conclusions, but I understand your thoughts. It does seem this forum has a "herd mentality", and I admit sometimes I contribute knowingly or unknowingly.

Over9K

Quote from: Leyster on June 07, 2023, 02:20:21 PMI think that, as usual with these things, too many people are jumping to conclusions far too quickly. We have a screen with the author's name deleted. I too could create something like that, it would't even be difficult: y'all would believe me?

Also, even if the screen is true, we have actual Haolonggood members here, so before jumping to conclusions it'd be at least fair to read their say.

I have been pretty clear that these are allegations, not facts as yet. I appreciate that it's easy to accuse someone online without evidence, but this IS being alleged, by respected people in the hobby, and I feel that this is worth our examination.

I made my post here specifically because I would like to hear from V @vampiredesign what Haolonggood's statement is on this.

Some folks may pooh-pooh caring about this, or doing something about this, and that's fine. Others would like to hold our corporate overlords to some kind of standard, or at least feel like we try.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 03:31:33 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 07, 2023, 02:58:58 PM[First attempt to post this lost thanks to those nefarious red letters]

I have a 1 year old, and despite my best efforts to put things high up he still manages to get ahold of Daddy's toys sometimes. I worry about my Imperial dinos from the early 90's and anything from China in the 2020's for the same reason: lead.
Wait, what is there backing this up. I'd doubt PNSO would be in business if they had Lead.

avatar_Bread @Bread I didn't mean to jump towards conclusions, but I understand your thoughts. It does seem this forum has a "herd mentality", and I admit sometimes I contribute knowingly or unknowingly.

I don't feel as you were part of those jumping to conclusions. You simply added on the reason to not purchase the recent Apatosaurus with the notion that they face legal issues along with the desire to purchase something else. I don't see a problem with that.

Also, no worries. I too and I think many others can agree that we can contribute to the "follow the herd" method.

I don't have a problem with people now avoiding these models, but my whole issue is the jumping to conclusions when we have yet to see a comment made by the company.

Faelrin

I want to wait and see what V @vampiredesign says. That said what Everything Dinosaur shared is also concerning. I don't want to assume things, but I couldn't help wonder why the figure's prices were so cheap despite the highly detailed paint apps, especially in today's overall market. Like it made me feel this was too good to be true in a way. Hopefully my concerns prove incorrect. At least Everything Dinosaur mentioned they are trying to sort this out. Hopefully this means there will be safety testing done, though it does make me curious to know if there's anything unsafe about the previous releases, some of those recent (Nasutoceratops, Ouranosaurus, Pentaceratops, and the Apatosaurus), some of those older ones (Spinosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Therizinosaurus, etc), rather that be leaded paint, or any other toxic materials (in the plastic or paint).

They are a new and exciting brand so I don't want to see them have their name soiled, especially since they appear to be hitting the marks where PNSO disappoints at the moment (variety, cheaper prices, multiple colorways, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

This is troubling to hear, all their figures I have are great looking. But I'm not jumping to anything because usually people hear these things, and they are either taken out of context without knowing the whole story or jumping to conclusions. Essentially making a mountain out of a molehill. Now that being stated, I do trust the word of everything dinosaur. This could be something simple like ignorance/lack of knowledge or something worse like toxic materials. My opinion may change as more info comes out. And in the meantime I'm not eating my models, toxic or not so I think I'm safe in that regard. As for its Legally It is irrelevant to me, there is plenty worse things going on that this.
I'm hoping an official statement from Haolonggood can clear the water, as their figures are too good to be lost.
Anyhow hopefully this is something minor, or stupid.

Lynx

These things get spread around a lot, I am sure it is probably nothing, this is pretty common. I don't think anyone has plans on eating their dinosaur toys or having it anywhere near children (if it is the case that these were hazardous). People find ways to pile on things way too fast. Since, as far as I know, HLG has not directly contacted Everything Dinosaurs, thus I wouldn't take their word as fact just yet. Again, I'd wait until HLG actually says something before already piling down, it is just a post on facebook, and while I consider ED a reliable source, there has been no word from HLG.

An oversized house cat.

Remko

I too think we're jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

So far the only thing we know is that they don't have a correct CE certification for the EU. That's it.
That doesn't mean their products are dangerous.

Besides, I don't know about the rest of the members. But I'm no expert in certifications or international export/trade.

For now I think we should just wait and see what will happen.
Nothing any of us can do about it anyway.

Concavenator

That they didn't have CE certification was already known. I remember reading about it from as back as 2021 here on the DTF I think, around the time the Dicraeosaurus was released. And again IIRC it was ED who brought it up. Never cared for that myself. I too think folks are jumping to conclusions too quickly. As R @Remko says, this is currently the situation:

Quote from: Remko on June 07, 2023, 07:53:56 PMSo far the only thing we know is that they don't have a correct CE certification for the EU. That's it.

Naturally, waiting to see what V @vampiredesign says. But in the meantime, I agree with avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi and avatar_Lynx @Lynx . I barely handle/touch my figures at all as I use them as display pieces, and when I do it's basically because I'm dusting them, which I usually do once a month (so if I used a display cabinet I would be handling them even less). Plus thankfully I don't see dinosaur collectibles as food, and I wash my hands when needed. Obviously I'm not saying it doesn't matter if they're toxic, I certainly hope they aren't (again, the possibility of them being toxic is pure speculation to begin with) and I also understand that other people may feel inclined to not buy their products. Personally I've worked with seriously dangerous substances in the lab (hydrochloric acid, ethidium bromide...) and I've never had any problem, so I kinda not care for these rumours, especially because I have very little contact with my figures and I have good hygiene but mostly because there's no actual support behind the toxicity claims.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I'd say more than Haolonggood stuff being too cheap, it's moreso that PNSO stuff is (=has gotten) more expensive. Compare the 20 $ PNSO Lambeosaurus (2020) to the 39 $ PNSO Olorotitan (2021). Both similar in size and in the same line (I'm not even mentioning the similarly sized 60 $ Tsintaosaurus as it's under a different line, but that thing is absurdly overpriced). To add to my point, Eofauna's stuff is significantly more affordable than PNSO's and ED stocks both, so they're purportedly safe too. So yeah, I don't think PNSO's prices should be taken as the norm.

Leyster

I agree with the people saying we're all panicking a bit over nothing:

Do you all remember the whole "Vitae lead paint" thing? Which turned out to be completely false. The damage it did, instead, was pretty real, even years later I read of people questioning about Vitae's paint.

And the "Dino-Hazard Irritator lacks CE mark"? Again, it ended up perfectly safe.

We're lucky enough tò have somebody which actually works with Haolonggood here which can confirm or disprove this, but until then I suggest not to jump to concousions, cancelling orders, writing of never buying Haolonggood ever again etc, 'cause these things may end to be pretty harmful to a brand's reputation, expecially a newly extabilished one.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

postsaurischian

Reading carefully this says that Everything Dinosaur would be committing a serious offence if they would sell these products! That's because they would be a European importer then - bound to European laws.
China doesn't care about European laws, just as we don't care about theirs. So for a European (like me) it's not illegal in any way to buy these products (as an end-consumer) from a Chinese vendor. Period.

I also want to hear from vampiredesign, but rather about new Dinosaur products than about economic and political nonsense :P .
Please don't put too much pressure on him! I think he already told us that he's not involved in the marketing process. Let him do his beautiful work!

SidB

I concurr, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . Your comments make good sense. We just started to enjoy Hsologgood products. I any case, I suspect that very few of the DTF members who buy these products, as well as their families, spend their day sucking and chewing on the figures. Besides which, nothing whatsoever negative has been yet proven, objectively, as far as that goes.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on June 07, 2023, 10:37:34 PMI concurr, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . Your comments make good sense. We just started to enjoy Hsologgood products. I any case, I suspect that very few of the DTF members who buy these products, as well as their families, spend their day sucking and chewing on the figures. Besides which, nothing whatsoever negative has been yet proven, objectively, as far as that goes.

Unrelated, but you just put a very surreal and comical image in my mind of a family feasting on Haolonggood figurines.

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 10:51:58 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 07, 2023, 10:37:34 PMI concurr, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . Your comments make good sense. We just started to enjoy Hsologgood products. I any case, I suspect that very few of the DTF members who buy these products, as well as their families, spend their day sucking and chewing on the figures. Besides which, nothing whatsoever negative has been yet proven, objectively, as far as that goes.

Unrelated, but you just put a very surreal and comical image in my mind of a family feasting on Haolonggood figurines.
Look on the positive side , avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , it would probably be nonfattening.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

I was more referring to the cheap stuff I get from AliExpress or Chinese sellers on eBay. As soon as you pop open the plastic wrappings a strong chemical smell fills the air. Probably not lead, but chemicals I don't want my toddler around, or want to handle overmuch. Everyone knows Chinese factories don't have as stringent environmental or safety strictures as other countries. PNSO sometimes but doesn't always have this chemical odor. The first Amargasaurus smelled very strongly when I got it, but the recent ones I've gotten haven't at all. PNSO is higher quality in all respects.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

vampiredesign

A friend told me about this when I was taking photos just now. I am busy with the work of the new product, and when the new product is announced later, I will send out a "CE" certificate for the testing report together.
Recently, there have always been obstacles in the production process. The factory has checked and found nothing, which is just delaying our time.
We just want to make products well and bring more high-quality products to everyone.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 08:15:10 AMA friend told me about this when I was taking photos just now. I am busy with the work of the new product, and when the new product is announced later, I will send out a "CE" certificate for the testing report together.
Recently, there have always been obstacles in the production process. The factory has checked and found nothing, which is just delaying our time.
We just want to make products well and bring more high-quality products to everyone.

Good to hear from you, V @vampiredesign! It sounds like there is CE certification after all, which is good news.

By factory checks, do you mean that the factory does indeed check for toxic materials?

Apart from all this CE business, I absolutely can't wait for the reveal! Photos being taken = we're so close!

postsaurischian

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 08, 2023, 03:19:48 AM....... Everyone knows Chinese factories don't have as stringent environmental or safety strictures as other countries. ........

Everyone knows that other countries are also lying like a trooper and are being endlessly hypocritical.
There are so many certification marks you get just when you pay the right price and the CЄ certification is especially expensive.
It's all about money (as it always is).

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 08:15:10 AMWe just want to make products well and bring more high-quality products to everyone.

:D  Can't wait for the next surprise.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 08, 2023, 08:43:15 AMGood to hear from you, @vampiredesign! It sounds like there is CE certification after all, which is good news.

By factory checks, do you mean that the factory does indeed check for toxic materials?

That's my key-point of interest. So, how is the state of play?
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

vampiredesign

Please rest assured that our materials are environmentally friendly, and I am busy with the pictures and packaging design of the new product. I will publish the product certification certificate when the new product is announced.

vampiredesign

Inspecting fire protection, environmental protection, hygiene and safety are very standard without any issues.
There cannot be toxic substances present.
Don't worry, I don't even wear a mask when spraying in the workshop.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: