News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:44:18 AMPlease rest assured that our materials are environmentally friendly, and I am busy with the pictures and packaging design of the new product. I will publish the product certification certificate when the new product is announced.

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:51:43 AMInspecting fire protection, environmental protection, hygiene and safety are very standard without any issues.
There cannot be toxic substances present.
Don't worry, I don't even wear a mask when spraying in the workshop.

Thank you for your assurances, V @vampiredesign ! This is definitely good to know. Now to ask Everything Dinosaur what made them make that allegation about the CE mark...

Paleo Flo

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 08, 2023, 10:37:30 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:44:18 AMPlease rest assured that our materials are environmentally friendly, and I am busy with the pictures and packaging design of the new product. I will publish the product certification certificate when the new product is announced.

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:51:43 AMInspecting fire protection, environmental protection, hygiene and safety are very standard without any issues.

Thank you for your assurances, V @vampiredesign ! This is definitely good to know. Now to ask Everything Dinosaur what made them make that allegation about the CE mark...

That would be good to know...
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Bread

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 08, 2023, 10:45:49 AM
Quote from: quiversaurus on June 08, 2023, 10:37:30 AM

That would be good to know...
I don't blame Everything Dinosaur to be cautious and to give out warnings regarding a new company. Plus, ED has been known to appraise majority of all products they wish to distribute, so there has to be some sort of issue they faced when going about distributing these products. Regardless if they made a false or exaggerated claim against Haolonggood. So I am curious to now hear from them as to why there was a claim against Haolonggood.
avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

dragon53

Medzo

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:51:43 AMDon't worry, I don't even wear a mask when spraying in the workshop.

Welp. I don't think it correlates with the safety of a plastic toy, but you should definitely wear a mask when spraying paint chemicals.  ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Medzo on June 08, 2023, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 09:51:43 AMDon't worry, I don't even wear a mask when spraying in the workshop.

Welp. I don't think it correlates with the safety of a plastic toy, but you should definitely wear a mask when spraying paint chemicals.  ::)

My workshop is half open to the elements so I do most of my painting outdoors and without a mask. Yes I do occasionally get overspray on my glasses but it's better than fogging up and not being able to see what I'm painting. It's not the ideal safe situation for the painter but what are you going to do?

Concavenator

The way I see it, I think Haolonggood is simply focused on expanding their catalog right now rather than going through the process and the expenses of getting the CE certification, as V @vampiredesign said here:

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 29, 2023, 02:23:18 AMAt present, I am not energetic enough to do foreign trade expansion, as there will be a lot of new products this year. Very, very many.

And don't misunderstand my previous post, if I become aware that Haolonggood products have toxic materials, I will not buy them. But there's really nothing supporting that notion, so they have my support and I'm looking forward to further releases from them. As I said, that they currently lack the CE mark was already known, and never has this caused any stir until someone speculated they might have toxic material with no actual evidence.

I also don't buy the toxic material speculation just because ED doesn't plan to stock Haolonggood stuff at this moment. So apparently toxic stuff is prohibited in Europe but not in China?? Does this mean toxic toys, etc are sold in China and it's fine? Doesn't make sense. On another note, if the owner/s and/or factory workers of Haolonggood are aware that they're using toxic materials they wouldn't even touch the figures or use gloves and be super careful when handling them? Doesn't seem realistic.

Also, as L @Leyster said before, statements like the toxicity claims should have some underlying base, especially when small companies are concerned. We may not even get additional releases from Vitae and Dino Hazard, and they produced some top notch stuff. Haolonggood is a promising company with a huge potential, let's not unreasonably accuse and damper them.

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 08, 2023, 08:15:10 AMA friend told me about this when I was taking photos just now.

Yeah, bring on the photos.  8) Be it the megaraptorid or the stegosaur, I'm looking forward to it!

stargatedalek

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 08, 2023, 08:47:53 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 08, 2023, 03:19:48 AM....... Everyone knows Chinese factories don't have as stringent environmental or safety strictures as other countries. ........

Everyone knows that other countries are also lying like a trooper and are being endlessly hypocritical.
Yup. And some types of factories are even less stringent overseas; IE a lot of Chinese meat companies have their product prepped and packaged on US land, because food facilities in the US are ludicrously under-regulated, especially in the deep south.

It all depends on what kind of production we are talking about, because they are going to be prioritized differently by the cultures of different regions. Germany does great work when it comes to regulating toxic materials and material quality, while it's hard to beat Canadian dairy standards when it comes to environmental and local business protection.

It's a lot more complicated than "X country has lax laws in factories", factory can mean so many different things.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on June 08, 2023, 01:58:21 PMI don't blame Everything Dinosaur to be cautious and to give out warnings regarding a new company. .......

I do blame them for the last sentence of their post: "Our advice is to avoid this brand."
This is rather outrageous and presumptuous. Who do they think they are?
I can very well do without any advices from Everything Dinosaur, just as I have been able to for decades before they established their business.

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 08, 2023, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 08, 2023, 01:58:21 PMI don't blame Everything Dinosaur to be cautious and to give out warnings regarding a new company. .......

I do blame them for the last sentence of their post: "Our advice is to avoid this brand."
This is rather outrageous and presumptuous. Who do they think they are?
I can very well do without any advices from Everything Dinosaur, just as I have been able to for decades before they established their business.
Although I have been on Haolonggood's side for this fiasco, I do not think ED should take any blame until we receive more answers. Maybe there is some sort of distribution issues regarding regulation issues. Not only that but Everything Dinosaur needs to maintain safe precautions as they themselves are a business. Though, the comment to avoid the models is quite misleading. They should really address further upon why they say this.

Jose S.M.

If the issue is that ED can't distribute the products themselves due to not complying with UK regulations, they could have saved the "avoid this brand" part.

BlueKrono

I've already purchased both Ouranosauruses, and I can say from my own personal anecdotal evidence that they didn't smell chemically, which would lead me to believe V @vampiredesign. The detail was really good as well, and I would rate this company with the best of modern PNSO. Excited for the new offerings.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 08, 2023, 11:25:57 PMIf the issue is that ED can't distribute the products themselves due to not complying with UK regulations, they could have saved the "avoid this brand" part.
Or at least qualify the warning ( for the UK). Assuming it is actually ED that has sent this communication as it is written.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 09, 2023, 01:38:54 AMI've already purchased both Ouranosauruses, and I can say from my own personal anecdotal evidence that they didn't smell chemically, which would lead me to believe V @vampiredesign. The detail was really good as well, and I would rate this company with the best of modern PNSO. Excited for the new offerings.

My orange Ouranosaurus smelled for three days. Than I put it back in the box.  Until this topic is not fully cleared it will stay in his box.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 09, 2023, 01:38:54 AMI've already purchased both Ouranosauruses, and I can say from my own personal anecdotal evidence that they didn't smell chemically, which would lead me to believe V @vampiredesign. The detail was really good as well, and I would rate this company with the best of modern PNSO. Excited for the new offerings.

Same here. Maybe when I first opened them there was a scent but that could be from paint, the plastic used to wrap them, the foam inserts, even ink on the box from printing.  I have a lot more..dubious..purchases from Asian sellers that haven't had any issues as of yet.

ceratopsian

My purchases were all chemical smell free on opening.

Over9K

IMO, it's not about the potential toxicity.

For me, it's the unethical, and illegal, practices that are being alleged. It's the fraudulent marking of product.

I would also point out that V @vampiredesign 's statements are about future product being certified, while Everything Dinosaur's allegations are about current product not having certification and yet displaying fraudulent markings.

I get that I'm alone here, in caring about this. But, I will continue to speak to what I see.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Over9K on June 09, 2023, 06:54:11 PMFor me, it's the unethical, and illegal, practices that are being alleged. It's the fraudulent marking of product.

You still don't undestand. It's not illegal what they do. Our laws have no validity in China.
It would be illegal to offer them in a European shop, but they only offer their products within China.
Unethical? Well, how unethical is it that all other brands that you're collecting have their products being produced in China, only to get around their own countries' statutory minimum wage and labour conditions in order to make them affordable for you and me? As I wrote before - I wouldn't know where to start.
The only way to live a 100% ethical life is to leave modern societies completely, which would mean: No Dinosaur toy collecting at all. Your decision!

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 10, 2023, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 09, 2023, 06:54:11 PMFor me, it's the unethical, and illegal, practices that are being alleged. It's the fraudulent marking of product.

You still don't undestand. It's not illegal what they do. Our laws have no validity in China.
It would be illegal to offer them in a European shop, but they only offer their products within China.
Unethical? Well, how unethical is it that all other brands that you're collecting have their products being produced in China, only to get around their own countries' statutory minimum wage and labour conditions in order to make them affordable for you and me? As I wrote before - I wouldn't know where to start.
The only way to live a 100% ethical life is to leave modern societies completely, which would mean: No Dinosaur toy collecting at all. Your decision!

The path of the true moralist is indeed a very stark and difficult one, like the cynic philosophers of old.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: