News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Carnoking on June 11, 2023, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on June 11, 2023, 09:09:48 PMLol I actually hit enter, before typing anything. Oops.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I really hope the ceratopsid is Chasmosaurus. Long overdue for a model of this genus, and I doubt PNSO will do this one anytime soon.

I'd take a Chasmosaurus in a heartbeat!
I'd very much like a Chasmosaurus too!

SidB

suspsy

Identities have been confirmed: Wuerhosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on June 12, 2023, 02:28:56 AMIdentities have been confirmed: Wuerhosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.
Quite like the Pachyrhinosaurus choice with the result of a possible PNSO Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus.

Glad I skipped on Vitae's Wuerhosaurus. I can already tell I'll enjoy these colorschemes more.

Bread

Teasers:

Two instant purchases for me.

I'd also like to add that these are not the final product images but just teasers. Usually are pretty similar to the final revealed figure(s).

Faelrin

Kind of not surprised to see Pachyrhinosaurus. It is very popular, and another option is great, and it does look good. Unfortunately it does appear to be Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai yet again. I wish someone would be bold to give us another species of this. That said I really hope the next ceratopsian they do will be something like Chasmosaurus which has no real suitable options on the market (outside of like PNSO's mini I suppose, if not the large BotM one).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lynx

Weirdly enough I can't help but think of Stegotyrannos art whenever I see these promo pics
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Words can hardly express how profoundly bored I am by Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Love me some pachyrhinosaurus, although it wouldn't have been my first pick here. Glass half full, it looks to be the best option on the market that comes to mind.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Horns and heavy armor. I'll decide after I see full images but I'm about full up on ceratopsians. Stegosaurs..maybe. I don't think I have a Wuerhosaurus.

BlueKrono

I wish this Chinese company would consider Sinoceratops. There need to be more on the market. That and Wendiceratops are the only ceratopsians that could interest me at this point.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on June 11, 2023, 12:48:26 PMAllegedly printing inauthentic stamps isn't good (if true), neither is the store making the accusation telling people to avoid the brand. Why? Because the only conclusion that post allows is that Everything Dinosaur doesn't want people to buy Haolonggood figures since they don't stock them and thus won't get any sales from them. If there was another reason, why is ED "trying to work" with Haolonggood to get the figures imported? "We don't advise buying things that don't make us money" is the only possible interpretation of the very limited info in that post, unless further clarification is provided.

Concerning the CE certification, there are misconceptions here. First, it's only required in the EEA, and the billions of people using products without CE outside the EEA don't get toxin poisoning in droves. My Kaiyodo and Favorite Ltd figures don't have CE certification, neither do my BOTM raptors (all trusted brands on this forum). Why are these not considered potentially toxic, because Everything Dinosaur didn't tell people to avoid them? CE isn't the only and end to all safety regulations. Other markets have regulations, too. A product not having CE doesn't automatically make it toxic.

Secondly, the claim that any figure (dinosaur, pop culture or whatever) imported into the EU needs CE is simply false. It depends on the classification. A figure classified as a toy needs CE, a figure classified as a collectible (in product language = aimed at ages 15+) does not need CE. I know this for a fact from my experiences with German customs offices. You can buy, right now, thousands of different import figures from China, Japan, USA, without CE markings in EU stores. This is why so many figures have "ages 15 up", "collectible", or "not a toy" printed on the box. Does that make them toxic? No.

The idea that any figure without CE must be toxic is therefore nonsensical.

Not belabouring the point but just wanted to thank you for this breakdown. It's made things a lot clearer for me and I look forward to Everything Dinosaur offering up an explanation soon. Thank you V @vampiredesign for keeping Haolonggood's products up to standard.

Now for more exciting things:

Quote from: Bread on June 12, 2023, 02:38:29 AMTeasers:

Two instant purchases for me.

I'd also like to add that these are not the final product images but just teasers. Usually are pretty similar to the final revealed figure(s).

I saw these guys on Instagram - they look tremendous. I was looking forward to a Kentro too but perhaps in the coming months! The Pachy has some great colour blends going for it, similar to the Nasutoceratops.

Was never a huge fan of Wuerhosaurus and its fragmentary remains, but this figure is begging to be displayed next to my PNSO Biber and Rook...

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 11, 2023, 12:16:31 PMWhat I am currently considering is whether to release 3 or 4 products this month, and whether to release 4 or 5 new products next month, as well as the color design and which brand products can match.

^ This is what has gotten me even more hyped (:

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on June 12, 2023, 03:33:53 AMWeirdly enough I can't help but think of Stegotyrannos art whenever I see these promo pics
Woah, I am not that good ahha. Is there another Stegotyranno I am getting confused with?  :))

ceratopsian

I would never have spotted the Easter Egg predator in the Pachyrhinosaurus image if Paleofiguras hadn't boxed it!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 10:43:06 AMI would never have spotted the Easter Egg predator in the Pachyrhinosaurus image if Paleofiguras hadn't boxed it!

Woah, wait are we able to tell the species? not sure why it looks like a spinosaurid to me heh.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2023, 04:01:51 AMLove me some pachyrhinosaurus, although it wouldn't have been my first pick here. Glass half full, it looks to be the best option on the market that comes to mind.
I'd like a hefty Pachyrhinosaurus in 1/35 or larger (which seems likely). My old Safari is too small at 1/40 to scale well with all the newer Triceratops  and other ceratopsids and the Battat lacks a good paint scheme. This looks like it will be the candidate.

Concavenator

Wow, I sure am lucky! Pachyrhinosaurus was my no. 1 wish for a ceratopsid! I've been saying that I wanted PNSO to remake their Pachyrhinosaurus because I didn't like it and the Safari/Battat versions being now retired. No need for that after all! Interesting how a few months ago I was tempted to eventually get the BotM versions of both Pentaceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus, but thankfully now I am not (gorgeous figures, but they take up too much room and are super expensive). If ceratopsids are concerned, if Haolonggood releases a Chasmosaurus, I will probably sell my BotM version. A Kosmoceratops or Diabloceratops would be very welcome in my book too, especially the former.

That said, P. lakustai is my least favorite species of Pachyrhinosaurus. I prefer P. canadensis or P. perotorum without those protruding hornlets, and also because they're not overexposed like P. lakustai. This is also why P. walkeri is my least favorite species of Parasaurolophus.

Quote from: Sim on June 11, 2023, 08:18:24 PMI'm a bit disappointed the stegosaurian turned out to be Wuerhosaurus with broken plates, like all other Wuerhosaurus figures.  I really thought it was going to be Kentrosaurus.  I hope in the future Haolonggood will make Kentrosaurus.

Yeah, the choice of genus is a letdown for me too... I was almost assuming it was going to be Kentrosaurus:'( Well, it's not over yet, hopefully they will release one at some point. I really think it would be a great choice: it's an iconic and very recognizable stegosaurid, it's overdue for a new good figure, it's very requested (it may possibly be the most requested animal in the Haolonggood Hopes & Dreams thread) and it coexisted with Dicraeosaurus, which they have a figure of. It was also a small-ish animal, which means it wouldn't be particularly expensive to produce. Really checks all the boxes.

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 12, 2023, 10:51:02 AMWoah, wait are we able to tell the species? not sure why it looks like a spinosaurid to me heh.

Pretty sure it's a tyrannosaurid. I'm guessing Nanuqsaurus or perhaps Gorgosaurus.

ceratopsian

I don't think it could be anything other than a tyrannosaurid, agreed.

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2023, 11:20:22 AM.........

Pretty sure it's a tyrannosaurid. I'm guessing Nanuqsaurus or perhaps Gorgosaurus.

ceratopsian

TheImmortalEye

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: