News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

"Sue", the Tyrannosaurus Rex
Sculpt by De CLAY Studio
Paint by SP Art Projects

- Swede

Bread

avatar_need4swede @need4swede Ah-Ha! So you're the one who was having that build-up/repaint done up by SP! I saw his post on instagram, bravo this is truly an amazing model!

Mine is still in route >:D

Faelrin

avatar_need4swede @need4swede One of the most beautiful reconstructions of this animal. Congrats on getting to own such a piece.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Quote from: need4swede on June 21, 2023, 05:42:25 AM
"Sue", the Tyrannosaurus Rex
Sculpt by De CLAY Studio
Paint by SP Art Projects

Beautiful recreation of that incredible statue and amazing photos! You got me wanting to sell all my rexes just to replace them with one of these!

need4swede

Quote from: Bread on June 21, 2023, 12:09:02 PMavatar_need4swede @need4swede Ah-Ha! So you're the one who was having that build-up/repaint done up by SP! I saw his post on instagram, bravo this is truly an amazing model!

Mine is still in route >:D

Yup, that was mine! I send all my repaints to S @sp_art_projects. Stelios is an amazing artist. He's doing another Rex for me fairly soon, albeit a very different kind. I'm certain it'll come out great!

Quote from: Carnoking on June 21, 2023, 03:04:17 PMBeautiful recreation of that incredible statue and amazing photos! You got me wanting to sell all my rexes just to replace them with one of these!

Thank you! Highly recommend the figure. I've always wanted my own 'Sue', and this fit the bill perfectly. Very happy with how the paint turned out as well.
- Swede

JohannesB

I would happily swap away my Nanmu Apatosaurus (many things I don't like about it anymore) for that beautiful Haolonggood Apatosaurus 😎

That De Clay Studio Tyrannosaurus is arguably the ultimate. Simply fantastic. But I will have to be satisfied with my Tyrannosauruses from PNSO, which I also think are great in their own right.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on June 21, 2023, 09:13:39 PMI would happily swap away my Nanmu Apatosaurus (many things I don't like about it anymore) for that beautiful Haolonggood Apatosaurus 😎

That De Clay Studio Tyrannosaurus is arguably the ultimate. Simply fantastic. But I will have to be satisfied with my Tyrannosauruses from PNSO, which I also think are great in their own right.
I had considered getting that Nanmu Apatosaurus, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB , before the Haolonggood one came along. What about the Nanmu do you find disapointing?

JohannesB

Quote from: SidB on June 22, 2023, 12:57:52 AM
Quote from: JohannesB on June 21, 2023, 09:13:39 PMI would happily swap away my Nanmu Apatosaurus (many things I don't like about it anymore) for that beautiful Haolonggood Apatosaurus 😎

I had considered getting that Nanmu Apatosaurus, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB , before the Haolonggood one came along. What about the Nanmu do you find disapointing?

Well, it is quite nice, but I don't really like it being hollow (considering the price) and the fact that it comes in two parts. Yeah, I knew that about the detached tail going in, but it starts to bother me for some reason. Also, the goofy Jurassic World inspired head doesn't fit on a otherwise relatively scientifically correct model, I feel. The Haolonggood model feels much more like a model that will retain its beauty and appeal through many years to come, but I can't really legitimise a purchase before I do away with another big model, for example the Nanmu. (I also have the Schleich big 2008 Apatosaurus, but for some reason I like that figure better than the Nanmu - maybe because it is less "pretentious" and in another, more toy-like category, which for me lends it its own charm, I guess.) I only have one other Apatosaurus model: the one from Invicta. The Haolonggood one would make a beautiful "upgrade" to go side by side with that one - although I will always keep my Invicta's.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on June 22, 2023, 01:42:25 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 22, 2023, 12:57:52 AM

Well, it is quite nice, but I don't really like it being hollow (considering the price) and the fact that it comes in two parts. Yeah, I knew that about the detached tail going in, but it starts to bother me for some reason. Also, the goofy Jurassic World inspired head doesn't fit on a otherwise relatively scientifically correct model, I feel. The Haolonggood model feels much more like a model that will retain its beauty and appeal through many years to come, but I can't really legitimise a purchase before I do away with another big model, for example the Nanmu. (I also have the Schleich big 2008 Apatosaurus, but for some reason I like that figure better than the Nanmu - maybe because it is less "pretentious" and in another, more toy-like category, which for me lends it its own charm, I guess.) I only have one other Apatosaurus model: the one from Invicta. The Haolonggood one would make a beautiful "upgrade" to go side by side with that one - although I will always keep my Invicta's.
Yes, I was wondering about that head; I didn't realize that the Nanmu was hollow - for the price that gives a big advantage, in both respects, to the Haolonggood. The Schleich (which I also own, along with the exquisitely  elegant Invicta) is also hollow, but for the price, it represented good value back in the day.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just a few JW additions, nothing too interesting.
JW Extreme Damage Atrociraptor Tiger

JW Dino Trackers Xuanhanosaurus

JW Dino Trackers Nothosaurus

Captivz JP30 Minis-Compsognathus, Corythosaurus, Raptor hatchling, and Spinosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Flaffy

I hadn't planned to get this JW figure originally. But after seeing Austroraptor in action in Prehistoric Planet Season 2, I just had to go get myself a figure of this giant dromaeosaur. Maybe one day we'll get a proper feathered one, but right now I'm obsessed with this raptor's goofy duck face.

Blackdanter

It only took me 10 years to complete the 1958 Cherilea figure collection! Very pleased to finally have the set.

BrontoScorpio

I think I saw some on eBay at anthonys_collections that we discussed in another thread.

Roselaar

Some surprice HC finds at the Dutch Comic-Con yesterday, plus my latest Lego haul:

Thialfi

Got spoiled good today!

SidB

Very nice, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi . May you continue to enjoy their forthcoming stream of new releases.

Thialfi

Thank you S @SidB, much appreciated, I am very happy with these new additions! Very much looking forward to what else they have in the pipeline for us.

Halichoeres

Nice assortment, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi! I'm waiting for the Edmontonia to be released before placing my next order...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

Thank you avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres! I suspected Haolonggood would take a little break after having released their BIG Apatosaurus, but no!, they almost immediately went on to release the other two critters. After those I felt the same, so I went ahead and ordered. Up pops an Edmontonia! I guess that little fellow has to wait until a new bunch will be announced..

Which ones will you be going for?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: