News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Man what a huge improvement. Even though I liked the original coloration, this repaint is really nice too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

That is staggeringly beautiful

SRF

While I'm very happy with the "standard" Cameron in my collection, this customised one is absolutely one of the best looking T. Rexes I've ever seen.
But today, I'm just being father

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful customization!

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like Rebor's to be honest.

SRF

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2023, 05:45:25 AMLooks like Rebor's to be honest.

They're both lipped, but that's also were the comparison ends if you ask me.
But today, I'm just being father

JohannesB

Quote from: Bread on June 27, 2023, 06:48:55 PMOf course this is a complete repaint, but this is what PNSO's Cameron the Tyrannosaurus would have looked like with lips.

Lips + repaint done by Dinosaur_models_artworks over on instagram!

I prefer these kinds of very muted and finely shaded colour schemes (almost grey) on this animal, and this is gorgeous. If we assume Tyrannosaurus had indeed lips like that, combined with the beautiful colours, then this looks simply perfect to me.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on June 27, 2023, 06:48:55 PMOf course this is a complete repaint, but this is what PNSO's Cameron the Tyrannosaurus would have looked like with lips.

I just had a gut feeling that I would be seeing these photos from you! As always another beautiful commission and I'll be awaiting some more shots? :)

Edit: Oh wait, maybe I've interpreted too much here too fast. Will you be receiving this model?

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 28, 2023, 04:59:07 PM

I just had a gut feeling that I would be seeing these photos from you! As always another beautiful commission and I'll be awaiting some more shots? :)

Edit: Oh wait, maybe I've interpreted too much here too fast. Will you be receiving this model?

Haha! No worries, I am a quite big fan of his work, had quite a few commissions through him.

This one will be part of his own collection I believe.

I do have one being made by him though. :)) Including the Lythronax which I am actually really excited for me. I'll be sure to share ASAP!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on June 28, 2023, 05:12:13 PMHaha! No worries, I am a quite big fan of his work, had quite a few commissions through him.

This one will be part of his own collection I believe.

I do have one being made by him though. :)) Including the Lythronax which I am actually really excited for me. I'll be sure to share ASAP!

Oops hehe. Well I can't wait for those then! ;)

edu

Quote from: Bread on June 27, 2023, 06:48:55 PMLips + repaint done by Dinosaur_models_artworks over on instagram!

This is it. I am seriously considering contacting this guy and getting this custom...

Over9K

Quote from: edu on June 29, 2023, 05:55:38 AMThis is it. I am seriously considering contacting this guy and getting this custom...

I want to see a few more of Dinosaur_Model_Artworks' and Bravo Models' conversions of Cameron, before I decide which one I'll have do mine. Kinda want to have the Tarbosaurus converted as well...

Bread

Quote from: edu on June 29, 2023, 05:55:38 AM
Quote from: Bread on June 27, 2023, 06:48:55 PMLips + repaint done by Dinosaur_models_artworks over on instagram!

This is it. I am seriously considering contacting this guy and getting this custom...
Let me know if you need help contacting him! He is very responsive and easy to work with. Very nice guy.

Quote from: Over9K on June 29, 2023, 06:44:01 AM
Quote from: edu on June 29, 2023, 05:55:38 AMThis is it. I am seriously considering contacting this guy and getting this custom...

I want to see a few more of Dinosaur_Model_Artworks' and Bravo Models' conversions of Cameron, before I decide which one I'll have do mine. Kinda want to have the Tarbosaurus converted as well...

I was in discussion with him regarding PNSO's Tarbosaurus conversion. He has one with lips but it is a bit on the older side compared to his latest work. Still looks good, and we even discussed possibly adding a neck flap if I were to have him order one.

Maybe this will be in the future, but based on what I've stated, he is open to any enhancements that are do able.

Medzo

I'd be interested what the figure feels like after a plastic surgery on it like this.
Does the second painting layer covers some details?
Do the lips material feel totally different in hand? Are they more fragile? 

Bread

Quote from: Medzo on June 29, 2023, 01:52:20 PMI'd be interested what the figure feels like after a plastic surgery on it like this.
As someone who owns and has owned quite a few figures customized by him, mainly the addition of lips on PNSO figures, I can confirm that they should treated as fragile

I wouldn't worry about the paint layer scraping, nor hiding the original detail. I've always felt that the repaint actually added detail.

The lips material feels fine. Feels high quality as if the model was actually made to be this way. But treat it as fragile. This means to avoid dropping it. Though I was able to open and close mine repeatedly without any feeling of brittleness.

I can confirm dinosaur_models_artworks does an excellent job. Eye for perfection and will try to accommodate all wishes that are do-able.

JohannesB

Quote from: Medzo on June 29, 2023, 01:52:20 PMI'd be interested what the figure feels like after a plastic surgery on it like this.

Not a direct answer to your question but more like a follow-up. I would like to know as well, and also what material is used, because I would try it myself on some figure I might want to change. Maybe some epoxy modelling putty?

I've been hard at work building a 1/350 scale model of Titanic for over a year now (including PE parts and scratch-building and all), and I am learning (from my mistakes) all the time - a steep learning curve for a semi-beginner. I think I might be able to take on a difficult project like the conversion of a figure as kind of a next level up. Quite a challenge, of course. I would of course not get the incredible result as the person behind dinosaur_models_artworks.

edu

Quote from: Bread on June 29, 2023, 12:36:52 PMThis is it. I am seriously considering contacting this guy and getting this custom...
Let me know if you need help contacting him! He is very responsive and easy to work with. Very nice guy.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot, Bread. I don't use social media but i made an instagram account years ago, that i never really used,  so i may look for the password, reopen it and contact him there. I will tell you if i need your help!

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on June 29, 2023, 12:36:52 PMI was in discussion with him regarding PNSO's Tarbosaurus conversion. He has one with lips but it is a bit on the older side compared to his latest work. Still looks good, and we even discussed possibly adding a neck flap if I were to have him order one.

Maybe this will be in the future, but based on what I've stated, he is open to any enhancements that are do able.

Yeah, I noted that Bravo has been adding waddles (neck pouch) to the Wilsons they'd been doing, and it looks amazing.

Tracewyrm!

I can't say I'm particularly picky when it comes to if a figure has lips or not but I can't deny that this custom elevates the sculpt.
I wonder if PNSO will actually start adding lips to their own figures at some point in response to the semi-recent paper. Their sculpts are made well in advance so it might take a while but I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Seems like they're struggling with making lipped mouths that shut properly, but even if thats the case, haven't they released figures without articulated jaws? Their Tylosaurus comes to mind.
Maybe making a theropod without jaw articulation is too big a risk, who knows?

The PNSO lip debate has already been extensively talked about so I'm sure someone has already asked that before. Either way, this is a wonderful custom! Amazing what lips and a repaint can do for a figure.
* (It's locked.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: