News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Sorry for the double post. I couldn't wait, I had to round up my herd of Pachyrhinosaurus for a group shot. I'm mostly a 1-2 per genus collector now but most of these predate that collecting decision. Haolonggood's really is the best of the bunch, although I'll always hang onto the Safari and Battat ones too. And the Mattel one isn't going anywhere, since I regard that as being part of a separate collection.

bmathison1972

I did watch King of the Hill LOL, but that wasn't the specific reference I was going for haha

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi you watch king of the hill too? Awesome 👌

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 30, 2023, 02:30:25 AMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi you watch king of the hill too? Awesome 👌

I watched it a lot when I was a teenager and now I'm re-watching it again because they're bringing it back. I suppose this is not the place to talk about it though. There is an animation thread somewhere around here though.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on June 29, 2023, 09:03:45 PM
Quote from: Baryonyx on June 28, 2023, 07:16:32 PMIt would be really cool to see a thyreophoran sculpted with an open mouth!

I too think it would be good to have a thyreophoran with an open mouth!  Did you have any species in mind?  The thyreophorans known from good remains that lack a good figure are the following, with length listed in brackets:
Basal: Scutellosaurus (1.3m), Scelidosaurus (4m), Kunbarrasaurus (2.6m)
Stegosaurian: Gigantspinosaurus (4.2m), Yingshanosaurus (4-5m), Kentrosaurus (5m), Hesperosaurus (6.5m), Stegosaurus ungulatus (7-9.5m)
Ankylosaurid: Gobisaurus (5m), Liaoningosaurus (0.4m), Shamosaurus (5m), Pinacosaurus mephistocephalus (5m), Oohkotokia (5m), Platypelta (6m), Scolosaurus thronus (6m)
Nodosaurid: Gastonia burgei (5m), Gargoyleosaurus (3.5m), Mymoorapelta (3m), Panoplosaurus (5m), Europelta (5m)

Since Haolonggood is focusing on 1:35 scale figures, I think all the thyreophorans under 4m are out, maybe all the ones under 5m too.  Personally I would very much like a Kentrosaurus from Haolonggood, but I'd prefer one of the ankylosaurids and one of the nodosaurids to have an open mouth.

I like this list! Totally support the Kentrosaurus. I would be able to accept a 1:35 scale model of a 6m specimen, I feel.

Bread

dragon53

vampiredesign

It's late at night on my end and I haven't had time to reply. Sometimes I come up and take a look.
Edmontonia The color has been layered and has just been re photographed.
The next new product is almost ready.Carnivorous dinosaurs are coming.
Standing, center of gravity, mouth. It took a lot of time and cost to do this. So I came a bit late.
(It's not the dinosaur in the poster, it's another one.)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

All I will say on here for now is 1) I am glad someone has finally made an excellent Apatosaurus, which I'm pretty sure will be my No.1 figure of the year, and 2) interesting about the correcting of the hands of the Ouranosaurus, if its available now will pick up at same order as Edmontonia.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on June 30, 2023, 11:20:30 PMPerfection

Are these with just the original paintwork? They look as if they got a slight dark wash.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on July 02, 2023, 04:49:39 PMIt's late at night on my end and I haven't had time to reply. Sometimes I come up and take a look.
Standing, center of gravity, mouth. It took a lot of time and cost to do this. So I came a bit late.

Are there any plans for more sauropods? As many on here have already said, the Apatosauros is just amazing. I would love more sauropods. There are also smaller species like for example Saltasaurus, so it does not always have to be a really large one like Apatosaurus. And some rarer species from China would also be highly welcome.

TlatolophusJuanorum

It would be awesome to take on a Dromaeosaurid line, there are so many incredible species not well represented.
An 1/18th scale line I think would suffice.
BOTM are good, but as action figures. (and are also pricey)
Awesome work as always V @vampiredesign !

Sim

Paleofiguras has photos of the two versions of the Edmontonia.  The yellow one appears to have been changed to red with orange on the tail tip.  I was preferring the yellow but now that it has changed I prefer the green.  The Edmontonia looks so good!

I'm happy to hear carnivorous dinosaurs are coming!  V @vampiredesign, will the corrected Ouranosaurus be available in the green version too?

Faelrin

Images of the JieZhen/grey variation on Amazon now:

Spoiler

[close]

No pics of the JieBao/red version yet on Amazon.

Not gonna lie, I prefer the earlier brighter colorations (below) these two had from before, particularly that green tan one (JieZhen?). Not sure why they were changed? Did anyone get either of these in hand when they first ordered them on Aliexpress? Do they look similar to the earlier iterations, or more like these more recent versions? Could have sworn I saw in hand pics of them, showing they looked like the below ones. I'll likely still pick up the JieZhen/grey version, since it appears to retain some of the coloration like below, but it is more duller/subtle then before.

Edit: It appears the green Ouranosaurus has an updated coloration and corrected hands as well (not sure if avatar_Sim @Sim will see this, but this answers both mine and his questions about this, if not anyone else's). Spotted it over on Aliexpress (seller is My Online Toy Store).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I prefer the new green version to the old one.  The green appears better applied in the new version to me, and I like how on the new green the colour at the end of the tail isn't too bright, I doubt a nodosaurid would have a brightly coloured tail tip.

I also prefer the old yellow version to the old red version.  The red just doesn't appeal to me, but it might to someone who would like an Edmontonia coloured similar to Borealopelta.

I'm fine with the yellow version being replaced since out of all four versions I like the new green one the most!

Samrukia

from Paleofiguras

Faelrin

avatar_Samrukia @Samrukia Great pictures. Those little footprints in the sand are so cute.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

I love the sculpt but they look very monochromatic in those photos. I still want to get one, probably the reddish one but probably will touch the paint up a bit.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on July 02, 2023, 04:49:39 PMIt's late at night on my end and I haven't had time to reply. Sometimes I come up and take a look.

Always good to hear from you, V @vampiredesign !

Thank you for your hard work, and for listening to the community about slight inaccuracies on the Ouranosaurs figures. This means so much to us.

Looking forward to these carnivorous dinosaurs! So darn exciting to see which species show up. Please take the time you need for the mouth, balance and CG (or anything else, for that matter) - quality products need time, and with the care you and your team and Haolonggood have been putting into these figures, they are definitely well worth the wait.

vampiredesign

Ouranosaurus The green version has been produced。I have seen your information and wishes. Don't worry, development and production will take time。
Thank you very much for your support. Thank you very much. There will be many new products this year. We have been striving to bring good products to everyone while controlling cost and price.
Strive to meet everyone's wishes, but it takes time for understanding. I'm going to prepare for the next,next,next,next,next,next, new product.^-^

(My collection has not been organized yet, there are too many. When I have time, I will organize some parts to share with everyone.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: