News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on July 05, 2023, 02:49:36 PM
Quote from: SidB on July 05, 2023, 02:02:10 PMavatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , it's hard to tell from the photos, but does it have the single or double head crest?
It's the same as the original, a ridge down the middle leading up into a single protrusion (crest or boss if you will).

Thanks, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , that seemed likely. Perhaps it wasn't cost effective to make the change, the second major issue. Again, not a big obstacle for me, as I'll have the conversion made. Won't cost much at all.

Flaffy

Yes they are very helpful thanks avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi ! ;D

Haolonggood sure isn't making this easy huh? With the new manus I'm VERY tempted to get the updated versions of both... Anyone looking for some customised Ouranosaurus for cheap? ;)

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 05, 2023, 03:39:56 PMAdding lips to that figure would only go so far. It still wouldn't make it accurate. Still has outdated porportions and oversized integument. At that point just do a new figure. The paintwork and base are really nice, and as a retro 90's styled T. rex it is nice. Honestly though T. rex models are dime a dozen and I'd rather they focus on new genera. Going forward it would be good of them to add lips to any future theropods however.
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, that makes total sense. I do have 'skin in the game' so to speak, as I just received my order from My Online Toyshop for the HLG T-rex. That may seem a strange choice, I know, as I already have Cameron, Andrea and Winter Wilson (Wilson 3). However , the HLG model displays very well with the older Wilson 1 and 2 versions and even to a degree with Wilson 3, color-wise and with the older, larger scalation on their integument. As a historical panorama its interesting and I got it at a deep discount to boot. Plus, I'm a sucker for rexes, clearly, and like the overall look of my rex nest diorama display, old and new. 
Having said all of that, I agree that it would make little sense to simply retool their rex, what with so many better ones on the market or coming down he pipe. The latest PNSO scalation has forever raised the bar and any new mid and higher-end introductions can't ignore it. 

Halichoeres

If it's going to be carnivores, I would hope it would be something other than spinosaurids, tyrannosaurs, or allosauroids. Those are so thoroughly covered that Haolonggood versions would have to be absolutely superlative to remotely tempt me. There are still gaps among a handful of maniraptoran lineages, abelisaurids, noasaurids, herrerasaurids, and some taxa at the base of Theropoda, like Sinosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I would like to see something from a different theropod lineage that has had less model coverage of late too.  That's probably the only thing that would tempt me to buy a carnivore!

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 06, 2023, 03:04:06 AMIf it's going to be carnivores, I would hope it would be something other than spinosaurids, tyrannosaurs, or allosauroids. Those are so thoroughly covered that Haolonggood versions would have to be absolutely superlative to remotely tempt me. There are still gaps among a handful of maniraptoran lineages, abelisaurids, noasaurids, herrerasaurids, and some taxa at the base of Theropoda, like Sinosaurus.

Sim

I've been looking at the PNSO 2023 Tyrannosaurus and I'm no longer sure I'm going to get it.  It looks goofy with its mouth shut and its colouration is bland.  If Haolonggood will make a new Tyrannosaurus, I'd be interested in it.  I'm sure it would be painted better than PNSO's 2023 Tyrannosaurus.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Dusting the dust a bit around here... I found something curious on the Model Toy Center's Edmontonia publication:
Spoiler
[close]

The new figure will be...
Spoiler
an Allosaurus!!  ;D  ;D
[close]

Bread

An Allosaurus would actually be fantastic if it has lips.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faelrin

Good choice to go with their recent Apatosaurus. Looking forward to it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

I hope it's A. fragilis. We have a good A. jimmadseni from PNSO already, and I'm not a big fan of Safari's paint application (would've been great if they ditched the black sharpie lines).

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on July 10, 2023, 02:02:28 PMI hope it's A. fragilis. We have a good A. jimmadseni from PNSO already, and I'm not a big fan of Safari's paint application (would've been great if they ditched the black sharpie lines).
The Safari is an excellent candidate for a total repaint and the addition of proper nails. However, perhaps HLG will make that unnecessary. To me, the question is how well they will handle the scalation. PNSO has really raised the bar in this respect.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Always good to see big bad Al from anyone.

Sim

Oh no, I'm already happy with my Safari Allosaurus fragilis and PNSO Allosaurus jimmadseni. :-\  Well, I'll be waiting for the carnivorous dinosaur Haolonggood will release after Allosaurus.

Faelrin

Either species is game in my book (even if I'm slightly more biased towards A. jimmadseni because of Big Al. It's also the species with some skin impressions if I recall right).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Samrukia

Quote from: Sim on July 10, 2023, 03:53:15 PMOh no, I'm already happy with my Safari Allosaurus fragilis and PNSO Allosaurus jimmadseni. :-\  Well, I'll be waiting for the carnivorous dinosaur Haolonggood will release after Allosaurus.

rumors are: Dilophosaurus, according to Paleofiguras

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on July 10, 2023, 02:02:28 PMI hope it's A. fragilis. We have a good A. jimmadseni from PNSO already, and I'm not a big fan of Safari's paint application (would've been great if they ditched the black sharpie lines).
I have the Safari Allosaurus and think it looks excellent.  The black lines don't look like sharpie.

Quote from: Samrukia on July 10, 2023, 04:17:32 PMrumors are: Dilophosaurus, according to Paleofiguras
Thanks for sharing that, my excitement level is now at the maximum!

Lynx

As someone who only has a Papo allosaurus, I'm happy about this! Still trying to avoid species I don't already have like most theropods, but regardless I am excited.
An oversized house cat.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Lynx on July 10, 2023, 05:11:22 PMAs someone who only has a Papo allosaurus, I'm happy about this! Still trying to avoid species I don't already have like most theropods, but regardless I am excited.

Same! I only have the Papo Allosaurus, my first ever purchase in venturing into the world of model collecting.

I'm so hyped for this Allo, absolutely can't wait to see HLG's take on this species! I would be happy with either A. fragilis or A. jimmadseni!

bmathison1972

for me to get a Haolonggood theropod, it would have to be an interesting/new genus, and preferably a small to medium-sized species.

And if Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus are next, I won't be getting either. Have Safari versions of both (even though I don't like the paint on the Safari version)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: