News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Alright, finally got a chance to take photos of the Atlasaurus and Brighstoneus. Another two great repaints by Martin Garratt!

Eofauna's Atlasaurus

CollectA's Brighstoneus

CollectA need to continue this production of small herbivores. Really helps diversify my collection and I really enjoy having a bunch of small herbivores compared to one large one.

Anyways, I have quite a few repaints plus Haolonggood's models coming my way. After the summer, I'll be taking a break on repaints being done, and primarily be having Haolonggood products come my way I guess ::)

Stegotyranno420

The Atlasaurus looks much better, and which is hard to do as it was already amongst eofaunas best

Bread

Also, speaking of hauls...

Probably around two months ago I had Emerson Hul, also known as ps_arts_official on instagram, create three models for me. I've has him make two others shown in a previous post of mine in this thread, that included the Dilophosaurus and Qianzhousaurus based on Prehistoric Plabet. Well, as you can see I ended up with more than I originally anticipated.  ::)

My original requests was his remake of his previous lovely Bajadasaurus, his Cryodrakon Boreas with a similar base, and another Dilophosaurus but in a sitting posture. All of these are 1:35 scale too.

Then, he posted his 1:40 scale Dreadnougthus based on Prehistoric Planet and you know I had to have it...

Then I was also given the opportunity to purchase a few of his other models he was going to part with, including the Pinacosaurus and Qianzhousaurus based on Prehistoric Planet... I unfortunately had broken the previous one so this was perfect opportunity for me to snatch one up again. Again, both of these are 1:35 scale.

So here we are...

The Dreadnougthus being so massive that it can not even fit in my cabinet, so, rightfully it is at the top of my cabinet towering everything. Even Wilson :o

Unfortunately the tail did have a breakage, but with some super glue it should be fine. I may have to touch up on paint but I am not too fussed over it.

Super happy with these! Also, excuse the double post. I feel as these two needed separate post in my thread. Thank you!

Quick edit: I will also be doing individual photos of  esch figure soon.

Lynx

Now that's a nice Pinacosaurus.
An oversized house cat.

Paleo Flo

I like the Brightstoneus repaint a lot. Great work!

The Atlasaurus is also nice, it would look good next to the original one.
I personally think Eofaunas Atlasaurus is one of the finest models out there. Love it.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 21, 2023, 10:42:17 PMThe Atlasaurus looks much better, and which is hard to do as it was already amongst eofaunas best
Thank you! I was never fond of the colorscheme of the Atlasaurus, which led me to the desire of a repaint.

Quote from: Lynx on June 21, 2023, 10:52:20 PMNow that's a nice Pinacosaurus.
Haha! Yes! As someone who originally bought PNSO's when it was released, I was dreadfully not a fan once I got it in hand, and this model made by Emerson was such an improvement.

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 22, 2023, 06:43:35 AMI like the Brightstoneus repaint a lot. Great work!

The Atlasaurus is also nice, it would look good next to the original one.
I personally think Eofaunas Atlasaurus is one of the finest models out there. Love it.
Thank you, most certainly one of CollectA's great ornithopods. Hopefully we see more.

I also agree, Eofauna's best but I was never a fan of the original colorscheme. Would be cool to see them next to eachother though.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Those are amazing acquisitions! Congrats  ^-^  I absolutely love the Dreadnougthus. Bit jealous as well  ;)  Shame about the tail breakage.

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 23, 2023, 09:30:51 AMThose are amazing acquisitions! Congrats  ^-^  I absolutely love the Dreadnougthus. Bit jealous as well  ;)  Shame about the tail breakage.
Thank you! And I assure you that Emerson Hul could build you up one if you're interested.

Halichoeres

Wow, lots of great new stuff! Really beautiful selection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 25, 2023, 03:22:11 PMWow, lots of great new stuff! Really beautiful selection.
Thank you!

I apologize but this is going to be a very image heavy thread, so please bare with me!

I revealed the Dinosauria Creatures/Nikola Roglic Tyrannosaurus w/ Juvenile quite a bit ago, but at the time I did not have it in hand. Finally, not only has this one arrived but plenty of others included too.

Painted up and build up by Francisco Javier, also known as dinocomissions over on instagram!

Some may recall seeing his take on De Clay Studio's Triceratops, had a blue-ish colorscheme. Very nice model indeed.

First, the Tyrannosaurus w/ Juvenile

I expressed my overall color idea plus Javier's choice of pallets when I previously revealed this model. I still find it to be the most plausible in my collection given how dark yet complex it is. The base also helps draw attention to the idea that therapods had to blend into their environment. The juvenile Tyrannosaurus is also quite nice. I'll have to do a comparison with the Torosaurus parent and juvenile as well.

Next is the Ankylosaurus

He seems to be a bit on the angry side, and I have always found this to be an interesting take. They probably did have a temper. Plus the dramatic pose and color to complement it give this model a lifelike concept. A smaller Ankylosaurus model than I am used to but it is correctly at 1:35 scale. I think PNSO's just was a large model to begin with.

Okay, now these are indeed a tiny bunch. I've always found it hard to acquire small 1:35 scale species. Dinosauria Creatures/Nikola Roglic have delivered, and thanks to the beautiful work of Javier, these were created to my liking!

The Jakapils' hideout!

A comparison for size reference. Eofauna's Triceratops painted by Martin Garratt

I have a little more to come my way. I still plan on giving Emerson Hul's sculpts individual post and photos. But this is one of my three last groups of customs for a long time.

Thank you for visiting ^-^

ceratopsian

I find the colour palette and execution of the Tyrannosaurus rex superb. Beautiful work indeed!  And the cave diorama is brilliantly done.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Outstanding additions to your collection. Congrats! Love the liveliness of the Jakapil scene. :)

Fenestra

What wonderful additions to your collection. I really like the Tyrannosaurus head. The way it is sculpted but also the way it is painted.
The Jakapil family reminds me of meerkats hanging out together.  ^-^

Bread

Thank you everyone!  :)

Here is Emerson Hul's Cryodrakon Boreas

When I had him make this one, I was really feeling for a large Azdarchid due to Prehistoric Planet's numerous scenes with them. No complaints as I've always felt Pterasaurs in general were being ignored in media. Their large size and terrifying stature makes them, at least in my opinion, very terrifying.

Pictures seem a little dark, I'll correct those in the future, my apologies.

Bread

More photos showcasing each model made by Emerson Hul:

Sitting Dilophosaurus

I don't think I'll be needing another sitting model for some time. I've always enjoyed this posture and it seems to work very well, but it stands out even for this smaller therapod.

Prehistoric Planet Qianzhousaurus hunting

Bajadasaurus showing off

Pinacosaurus will be shown later, plus some other recent acquisitions.

SenSx

Woa those look great !

Can't find Emerson Hul ps_arts_official on Instagram, do you know how to contact him ?
I could be interested.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on July 02, 2023, 10:58:55 AMWoa those look great !

Can't find Emerson Hul ps_arts_official on Instagram, do you know how to contact him ?
I could be interested.
Oops!

His account can also be found by searching ps_arts_official

My apologies for not including.

SenSx

No you included it, I think I found it, I just thought it was someone else and not him, my mistake.

The Qianzhousaurus is extremely tempting.
And you are saying he is also making figures on request ? maybe he can make me the Herrerasaurus of my dream no one wants to create it seems ><

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I love that Qianzhousaurus, Cryodraken and Bajadasaurus, they are very cute. The Ankyosaurus above them is also incredibly impressive as it its Tyrannosaur friend.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: