You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Diplodocus carnegii "CATCH THE RAINBOW" & "STARGAZER"

Started by GojiraGuy1954, May 07, 2022, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on May 20, 2023, 03:14:57 AMWhile I definitely understand that sentiment, some taxa just sell a lot more than others. As much as I would have preferred a Barosaurus or Galeamopus or what not, the company that gets to make a Diplodocus will just inevitably make more of a profit. At the end of the day they gotta guarantee a profit.
That being said I'm still patiently waiting for a good Barosaurus  ;D

Remko

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on May 20, 2023, 03:15:59 AM
Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on May 20, 2023, 03:14:57 AMWhile I definitely understand that sentiment, some taxa just sell a lot more than others. As much as I would have preferred a Barosaurus or Galeamopus or what not, the company that gets to make a Diplodocus will just inevitably make more of a profit. At the end of the day they gotta guarantee a profit.

There is a very nice Barosaurus figure from MuSee, available from Lana-time. It's based on the giant BYU 9024 vertebrae, and is available in 1:35th, 1:60th or 1:70th scale, but you could easily use the 1:70th or 1:60th version for a normal 1:35th scale Barosaurus.

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/bar001?variant=43441518805242

sage2k

Diplo came in pretty quick! (to Tashkent, Uzbekistan)

I already feel content that I have the classic Jurassic Morrison trio.

Concavenator

Makes sense. However, I think there's a difference between those 2 genera you mention. I haven't really seen anybody specifically asking for a Galeamopus. avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres ' post makes me think he simply would have liked to see something different than Diplodocus itself. In contrast I've seen quite a few more people asking for a Barosaurus in particular.

If they'd released a Barosaurus, I imagine the figure would have sold to close to the 100 % of the public interested in getting a figure of said genus. By releasing a Diplodocus instead, who knows how much % of the public interested in getting a Diplodocus figure will get it. Part of that % probably has a Diplodocus already (and there are certainly good options for it). And also part of that % probably doesn't want to get additional figures of a species they already have figure/s of, probably helped by the fact that sauropod figures just tend to occupy a big chunk of space. We're already seeing such case in the forum now, even if it may not be totally representative of the whole situation.

So at the end of the day it's just a clash between the "ever-popular" and the "popular to some". I think that here in the forum, a lot of us simply want companies to explore new choices.

SidB

I would have grabbed at the Barosaurus, no doubt.

Halichoeres

Yeah I'm sure Rebor's Diplodocus is selling very well. There's the big skeleton at the NHM, and it's a very famous name. People who collect like Concavenator and I are the exception.

Quote from: Remko on May 20, 2023, 09:08:07 AM
Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on May 20, 2023, 03:15:59 AM

There is a very nice Barosaurus figure from MuSee, available from Lana-time. It's based on the giant BYU 9024 vertebrae, and is available in 1:35th, 1:60th or 1:70th scale, but you could easily use the 1:70th or 1:60th version for a normal 1:35th scale Barosaurus.

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/bar001?variant=43441518805242

Thank you, that's a bit out of the purview of my collection but I imagine someone will produce a Barosaurus by and by in PVC. After all, Barosaurus has its own famous mount in New York.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I would definitely like to get it (and the Deinosuchus) but can't right now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

These are awesome! Just received my two from BBTS:

Hard to fit them all in frame.

JohannesB

Seems there's someone sneeking in amongst the dinosaurs. But I trust he won't EXTERMINATE! them all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JohannesB on June 30, 2023, 12:36:37 PMSeems there's someone sneeking in amongst the dinosaurs. But I trust he won't EXTERMINATE! them all.

Not to worry, there is a good doctor nearby to assist!

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2023, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: JohannesB on June 30, 2023, 12:36:37 PMSeems there's someone sneeking in amongst the dinosaurs. But I trust he won't EXTERMINATE! them all.

Not to worry, there is a good doctor nearby to assist!
Nice one  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh it looks like the Dalek Sec with the corrected arms and eyestalk that never made it here too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 02, 2023, 09:23:13 PMOh it looks like the Dalek Sec with the corrected arms and eyestalk that never made it here too.

Not to go OT but it is Sec, and actually a Hallmark Ornament that says phrases too, same for the Tardis I have, it lights up, plays the theme and sounds. Not a bad price either.
https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Keepsake-Christmas-Ornament-Doctor/dp/B09YMNX6X7

Carnoking

Stargazer is here, and is it ever a show stopping performance from REBOR. Absolutely in love with the size, and as much as I try to avoid playing with the posable wires on these figures, this one is just too fun to leave as is.

No shade for Eofauna, but this is easily the diplodocus figure for my shelf.

And even as wrong as it feels to say, the Battat Diplodocus has been dethroned.

Between this and the Halonggood Apatosaurus showing up, it's just been a Time of the Titans on my shelves!

And of course, had to do this.

And this!

Well done, REBOR. Well done indeed.

Stegotyranno420

the Picture you sent of the Rebor looking fown at bataat looks like if he is talking down to him
"Look at me, I'm the captain now"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 05, 2023, 10:02:35 PMthe Picture you sent of the Rebor looking fown at bataat looks like if he is talking down to him
"Look at me, I'm the captain now"
that's a lot tamer way of looking at that
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

I still love the Battat , It's a big rearing up posed model..which in itself makes it unique. Also love both Safri/Carnegie models.  This one though does hit on pretty much every level.

Leyster

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2023, 05:30:58 AMI still love the Battat , It's a big rearing up posed model..which in itself makes it unique. Also love both Safri/Carnegie models.  This one though does hit on pretty much every level.
Except for accuracy.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Carnoking on July 05, 2023, 09:58:37 PM

Stargazer is here, and is it ever a show stopping performance from REBOR. Absolutely in love with the size, and as much as I try to avoid playing with the posable wires on these figures, this one is just too fun to leave as is.

No shade for Eofauna, but this is easily the diplodocus figure for my shelf.

And even as wrong as it feels to say, the Battat Diplodocus has been dethroned.

Between this and the Halonggood Apatosaurus showing up, it's just been a Time of the Titans on my shelves!

And of course, had to do this.

And this!

Well done, REBOR. Well done indeed.

Camera and lens please?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Leyster on July 06, 2023, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2023, 05:30:58 AMI still love the Battat , It's a big rearing up posed model..which in itself makes it unique. Also love both Safri/Carnegie models.  This one though does hit on pretty much every level.
Except for accuracy.

Care to elaborate?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: