News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Oh well done!  It's a beautiful model and a missing toe is neither here nor there. I was seriously tempted when it was released but decided it was just too big.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 18, 2023, 07:35:51 PMOh well done!  It's a beautiful model and a missing toe is neither here nor there. I was seriously tempted when it was released but decided it was just too big.
Appreciate it! It is :) When was it released, do you know?

postsaurischian

:D  Really nice ceratopsian scenery, I'm loving all the face expressions!
  There's a 1:15 Pachyrhinosaurus by Aokhan that seems to go very well with it.

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 18, 2023, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 18, 2023, 07:35:51 PMOh well done!  It's a beautiful model and a missing toe is neither here nor there. I was seriously tempted when it was released but decided it was just too big.

About a year ago or so I'd guess :-\ .

ceratopsian

Longer ago than that, I believe.  I think somewhere in the second half of 2020, but I don't have a formal note of the date.  I checked back through old Facebook posts and someone was waiting to see it in hand in August 2020.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 18, 2023, 09:13:24 PM:D  Really nice ceratopsian scenery, I'm loving all the face expressions!
  There's a 1:15 Pachyrhinosaurus by Aokhan that seems to go very well with it.

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 18, 2023, 08:59:58 PM

About a year ago or so I'd guess :-\ .

They do look great together! I do appreciate the bright colored belly and general paint job on the Alberta a bit more. The eyes are also done incredibly. They bear so much life.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 18, 2023, 09:15:56 PMLonger ago than that, I believe.  I think somewhere in the second half of 2020, but I don't have a formal note of the date.  I checked back through old Facebook posts and someone was waiting to see it in hand in August 2020.

I see, thanks! :) I was trying to figure it out through old FB posts by Dans Dinosaurs but I could not retrace them.

Justin_

Who makes the swimming ceratopsians? I've never seen those before.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Justin_ on August 19, 2023, 06:44:33 PMWho makes the swimming ceratopsians? I've never seen those before.

Those are part A and B of the River Crossing Scene by SenSen studio. It's a resin statue. The diorama theoretically consists of three parts. Part C is currently in the process of finalization.

Here are the pictures from FB (LanaTimeShop). My understanding is that part C will be the biggest one and even has the option to change between different setups.

Spoiler
First off Diabloceratops, another Ceratopsian (did not find any information on who it's portraying) and Zuul emerging from the river:

Next up a big rock tower with either a Medusaceratops escaping from two Troodons or Avaceratops resting from exhaustion inbetween the feathered danger.

[close]

Halichoeres

Some great new finds here! I remember being very tempted by that Troodon when it was first released, even though I don't usually go for resins of dinosaurs sensu stricto. The Albertaceratops is very imposing, what a great diorama. And it's nice to see your Adalatherium on the shelf, fits right in!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

That's a spectacular collection! Top-class models and nicely arranged, too.

About your ceratopsid section, don't you think it would look nicer with the larger chasmosaurines displayed at the back? The smaller centrosaurines are slightly obscured by those behemoths!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you for your comments avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 22, 2023, 04:14:07 PMAnd it's nice to see your Adalatherium on the shelf, fits right in!
Thanks I really like to give my own creations a generous space to motivate myself to do some more :)

Quote from: Concavenator on August 22, 2023, 05:45:54 PMThat's a spectacular collection! Top-class models and nicely arranged, too.

About your ceratopsid section, don't you think it would look nicer with the larger chasmosaurines displayed at the back? The smaller centrosaurines are slightly obscured by those behemoths!
I appreciate it and will give your suggestion a shot! :D

TooOldForDinosaurs

A collosus has arrived. Last December I preordered this beast via LanaTimeShop and after it's finalization early this month it finally got shipped out about 2 weeks ago. It's the Dreadnoughtus schrani scene by M.See/ MuSee studio.

The wait and anticipation was well worth while. I am blown away by the model. The imposing size (I did not quite grasp how big the model was in all the pictures I have seen through its production process) and the beautiful craftsmanship make it an instant eye-catcher when walking into my room.

The scene includes the massive Dreadnoughtus, a Talenkauen and 2 small, flying Pterosaurs. The tail of the Talenkauen was unfortunately broken upon arrival but it was still in the plastic bag and an easy fix with some superglue. I was pleasantly surprised that I got the two Pterosaurs because according to the product information only preorders before December 18th got them. I hadn't quite made up my mind about ordering back then and ordered just a week+ too late but it seems I was still one of the first and qualified to get them.

The model states a 1:35 scale and measures impressive 80cm in lenght and almost 40cm in height. It was barely possible to get a focused shot of the whole scene with good photo equipment that I had to borrow.

I absolutely love the color scheme, it's a very Sauropod traditional blue-ish grey but with a cream colored underbelly and subtle purple blends around the head. Simple colors yet very complex and pleasing paintwork. I also adore the detailed work that was put into the base and surroundings. The small water puddle is just adorable. Together with the Talenkauen and the pterosaurs the scene completes itself very nicely. The smaller animals roaming around the bottom half of the Dreadnoughtus really bring out a sense of its "supersize".

It has easily already become the centerpiece of my collection despite not having the center spot in my collection (due to the space it takes up).

Here it is next to the already big Albertaceratops

Sauropod size comparisons will follow :)

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 26, 2023, 04:07:00 PMA collosus has arrived. Last December I preordered this beast via LanaTimeShop and after it's finalization early this month it finally got shipped out about 2 weeks ago. It's the Dreadnoughtus schrani scene by M.See/ MuSee studio.

The wait and anticipation was well worth while. I am blown away by the model. The imposing size (I did not quite grasp how big the model was in all the pictures I have seen through its production process) and the beautiful craftsmanship make it an instant eye-catcher when walking into my room.

The scene includes the massive Dreadnoughtus, a Talenkauen and 2 small, flying Pterosaurs. The tail of the Talenkauen was unfortunately broken upon arrival but it was still in the plastic bag and an easy fix with some superglue. I was pleasantly surprised that I got the two Pterosaurs because according to the product information only preorders before December 18th got them. I hadn't quite made up my mind about ordering back then and ordered just a week+ too late but it seems I was still one of the first and qualified to get them.

The model states a 1:35 scale and measures impressive 80cm in lenght and almost 40cm in height. It was barely possible to get a focused shot of the whole scene with good photo equipment that I had to borrow.

I absolutely love the color scheme, it's a very Sauropod traditional blue-ish grey but with a cream colored underbelly and subtle purple blends around the head. Simple colors yet very complex and pleasing paintwork. I also adore the detailed work that was put into the base and surroundings. The small water puddle is just adorable. Together with the Talenkauen and the pterosaurs the scene completes itself very nicely. The smaller animals roaming around the bottom half of the Dreadnoughtus really bring out a sense of its "supersize".

It has easily already become the centerpiece of my collection despite not having the center spot in my collection (due to the space it takes up).

Here it is next to the already big Albertaceratops

Sauropod size comparisons will follow :)

Congratulations to this wonderful model. I can clearly see that I made no mistake in ordering this as well. Has been shipped a week ago. I am looking forward to your sauropod comparison pictures. Are you already aware that MuSee has a similarly sized Sauroposeidon in the making? There was a preview of the initial prototype in one of the Lana Facebook posts. Maybe you could also post this in the Big Sauropod Figures thread? We sauropod fans are hanging out there.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 26, 2023, 04:20:52 PMCongratulations to this wonderful model. I can clearly see that I made no mistake in ordering this as well. Has been shipped a week ago. I am looking forward to your sauropod comparison pictures. Are you already aware that MuSee has a similarly sized Sauroposeidon in the making? There was a preview of the initial prototype in one of the Lana Facebook posts. Maybe you could also post this in the Big Sauropod Figures thread? We sauropod fans are hanging out there.

Thank you! Am looking forward to your pictures. Taking pictures of this model were quite some undertakings. I think I may have seen something about that but I don't remember the species they will be covering. Do you have a link to that post maybe?
Can sure do. I'll post em together with the size comparisons :)

ceratopsian

Congratulations!  You are absolutely correct in identifying how the much  smaller additional animals make the brain feel the massive size of the sauropod.

TooOldForDinosaurs

thomasw100

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on August 26, 2023, 05:13:36 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 26, 2023, 04:20:52 PMCongratulations to this wonderful model. I can clearly see that I made no mistake in ordering this as well. Has been shipped a week ago. I am looking forward to your sauropod comparison pictures. Are you already aware that MuSee has a similarly sized Sauroposeidon in the making? There was a preview of the initial prototype in one of the Lana Facebook posts. Maybe you could also post this in the Big Sauropod Figures thread? We sauropod fans are hanging out there.

Thank you! Am looking forward to your pictures. Taking pictures of this model were quite some undertakings. I think I may have seen something about that but I don't remember the species they will be covering. Do you have a link to that post maybe?
Can sure do. I'll post em together with the size comparisons :)

I found the post but do not know how to link to individual facebook posts. I am not on facebook. You could perhaps search on the Lana facebook page for MuSee studio. But I downloaded the picture that shows the first rough sculpt of what is going to be the Sauroposeidon (see below).

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 26, 2023, 05:42:46 PMI found the post but do not know how to link to individual facebook posts. I am not on facebook. You could perhaps search on the Lana facebook page for MuSee studio. But I downloaded the picture that shows the first rough sculpt of what is going to be the Sauroposeidon (see below).

Oh riight, yeah I've definitely seen this before. Thanks for searching it. Looks already incredible. Don't think that I can fit that anywhere though - at least not atm. :D

Bread

Wow! A beautiful piece for sure! A real centerpiece, congratulations on this!

I too would like to see some other comparisons. I do have Emerson Hul's 1:40 scale Prehistoric Planet Dreadnougthus but this model seems to tower everything and give the real presence of a large sauropod.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on August 26, 2023, 08:54:23 PMWow! A beautiful piece for sure! A real centerpiece, congratulations on this!

I too would like to see some other comparisons. I do have Emerson Hul's 1:40 scale Prehistoric Planet Dreadnougthus but this model seems to tower everything and give the real presence of a large sauropod.

Thank you! The Dreadnoughtus by Emerson Hul is definitely a gem too. Love the PP true paint-scheme.  :)

Here as promised the size comparison pics of the Dreadnoughtus  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: