News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 23, 2023, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: Antey on August 23, 2023, 09:16:06 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 14, 2023, 07:05:45 AMSorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans. The way that PNSO releases their models this year without much consideration of what the market and community might want (ignoring the demand for theropods with lips and ignoring the demand for dinosaurs from other groups) very much resembles this planning economy style of production.
it's amazing how you connected personal political delusions with personal wishes! Some toy manufacturer didn't give the Tyrannosaurus rex lips the way I want - so he's a communist! By the way, China is ruled by communists.

Now we are entering the personal attack mode obviously. What is your problem about a simple sarcastic comment? Not politically correct enough?
Might be a language barrier or misunderstanding.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on August 23, 2023, 10:10:45 PM
Andysdinosaurreviews and Dinosdeagons releasing the review on the same day, cant tell which to watch first

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 24, 2023, 12:02:46 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 14, 2023, 07:05:45 AMSorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans. The way that PNSO releases their models this year without much consideration of what the market and community might want (ignoring the demand for theropods with lips and ignoring the demand for dinosaurs from other groups) very much resembles this planning economy style of production.
it's amazing how you connected personal political delusions with personal wishes! Some toy manufacturer didn't give the Tyrannosaurus rex lips the way I want - so he's a communist! By the way, China is ruled by communists.

Now we are entering the personal attack mode obviously. What is your problem about a simple sarcastic comment? Not politically correct enough?

I don't think so, but regardless they are breaking the forum rule's. Again, this just needs to be ignored until a moderator or admin deal with it.

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

stargatedalek

The CCP are not communists and neither is modern China a communist country, it's full of megacorporations. The name is outdated and inaccurate. Nor, for the record, is there anything wrong with being non-capitalist.

GiganotosaurusFan

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek avatar_Antey @Antey I'm Chinese, and I don't have a problem with the government. We're not talking about politics here, we're here to talk about absolutely wonderful plastic toys! The megalosaurus doesn't seem like the depiction i usually see, but it looks amazing.

@DinoToyForum
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 24, 2023, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 24, 2023, 12:02:46 AM

I don't think so, but regardless they are breaking the forum rule's. Again, this just needs to be ignored until a moderator or admin deal with it.

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

I will stop getting involved into these discussions.

SRF

Yesterday I've purchased both the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus. While I didn't like the Gorgosaurus at first, it started to grow on me a lot. In fact I like it more now than the Albertosaurus, which the more I look at it has the weakest head sculpt of the four smaller Tyrannosaurids. I do like the running pose of the Albertosaurus a lot though.

While I like all of them, for now I would rank them 1) Lythronax, 2) Gorgosaurus, 3) Daspletosaurus and 4) Albertosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: SRF on August 24, 2023, 11:11:06 AMYesterday I've purchased both the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus. While I didn't like the Gorgosaurus at first, it started to grow on me a lot. In fact I like it more now than the Albertosaurus, which the more I look at it has the weakest head sculpt of the four smaller Tyrannosaurids. I do like the running pose of the Albertosaurus a lot though.

While I like all of them, for now I would rank them 1) Lythronax, 2) Gorgosaurus, 3) Daspletosaurus and 4) Albertosaurus.
I agree.

My only issue is the Albertosaurus "dragon head" as I think this is the downfall of what could have been a really good model.

Concavenator

I would rank this year's tyrannosaurs like this:

1) Gorgosaurus 2) Daspletosaurus 3) Tyrannosaurus 4) Albertosaurus 5) Lythronax

The only one that I plan to get at some point is the Gorgosaurus though (and this could change if Safari makes one, or if there will be a 1/35 BotM version). As for Daspletosaurus, I plan to get Safari's instead and as for Tyrannosaurus, I plan to go with Eofauna's instead. And I'm just not interested in an Albertosaurus or Lythronax (I prefer the Safari Alberto too).

Gorgosaurus aside, the only other 2 figures that interest me from them this year are the Meraxes and the Megalosaurus. Gorgosaurus and Meraxes have in common that, while coming from popular groups of animals and being important members of them, haven't received proper attention in the figure department (obviously understood in the case of Meraxes as it was only described last year). As for Megalosaurus, despite its fragmentary nature, it is a taxon of critical historical relevance and the PNSO is simply a better representation (lack of lips aside) than the best one prior to it (the CollectA). So I'm looking forward to more animals with either features, preferably the former.

I don't want to think about it... but I'm getting the unfortunate feeling that we're in for a streak of megalosauroids (=spinosaurids), including an unavoidable new ML Spinosaurus. The only one that could interest me is a Baryonyx, and I'm not sure about that either. I think I could just live with the Suchomimus, which is similar and as an animal I prefer. Other than that, I have no interest in getting a figure of any spinosaurine spinosaurid, considering all the uncertainty surrounding Spinosaurus and the rest of spinosaurines. Nope to Irritator as well, its skull may be well known, but we still don't know if it had a Spinosaurus-like tail and how were its hindlimb proportions. So in conclusion, if we're in for some spinosaurs, wake me up when it's over.

Bread

We're due for a museum line Spinosaurus anyways, but I just hope it's like Mark Witton's reconstruction.

Again, I agree and understand why the fuss over the wave of Tyrannosaurs and their rankings. Although, I still find the Daspletosaurus the weakest of the bunch due to the lack of bulk. It's quite noticeable once I saw dinosaur_models_artworks modifications to it, plus a few other reconstructions of the genus, including the upcoming BOTM's.

Quiversaurus

I'm actually looking forward to more spinosaurids from PNSO, their "Siamosaurus" and Suchomimus were stellar, not to mention Essien. Plus if they have already updated their T.rex and Giganotosaurus, it would make sense that a 1:35 updated Spinosaurus is somewhere in the works as well. Then again, "updated" only lasts... a few months? with the Spinosaurus, so we'll see. A Baryonyx would definitely be welcome!

Gorgosaurus would be on the top of my list as well~

Carnoking

My Gorgosaurus arrived the other day to complete my quartet (photos incoming) and now that I have all four I feel I can confidently say that the Lythronax is the easy winner for me. It combines a unique and charming pose with a pleasing paint job that feels almost vibrant amidst the largely dull tones of its companions. The only drawback in my eyes is the larger size but what can you do?
The Albertosaurus does have that amazing running pose going for it, but sports perhaps the muddiest paint job and easily my least favorite head sculpt.
In the case of the Gorgosaurus, it's another unique pose and perhaps the most pleasing patterning but I'm still not used to that head sculpt.
The Daspletosaurus could have been higher on my list with a little extra bulk and more inventive color scheme. Still, the head sculpt is quite nice.

And I'm yet to get Cameron. Maybe someday.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on August 24, 2023, 04:29:33 PM"... now that I have all four I feel I can confidently say that the Lythronax is the easy winner for me. It combines a unique and charming pose with a pleasing paint job that feels almost vibrant amidst the largely dull tones of its companions.

(I read this in your review voice!!)  ;)

Bread

PNSO revealed a new batch of animals.

Since this probably belongs best in the Animal Toy Forum, I won't being post the individual pictures of each animal revealed, but posted here is the group by paleofigures.

bmathison1972

I have them up on the ATF now!

oscars_dinos

im interested in getting some extant animals from pnso, their rhino looks nice but there is like no reviews I could find so I dint know if they're in scale, accurate, worth it...

Over9K

Quote from: imnewhere on August 28, 2023, 08:30:55 PMim interested in getting some extant animals from pnso, their rhino looks nice but there is like no reviews I could find so I dint know if they're in scale, accurate, worth it...

I have their super big African Bull Elephant, and it is truly awe-inspiring.

Halichoeres

I guess now we know what all the staff who know how to make non-theropods have been doing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I do so dearly hope that this means we'll finally be getting more prehistoric miniatures. Fingers crossed!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: