News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I too would like a good Polacanthus.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2023, 09:02:11 AMI too would like a good Polacanthus.

Dinosauria Creatures has actually two models of Polacanthus in their portfolio.

ceratopsian

Thanks, I'll investigate.

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2023, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2023, 09:02:11 AMI too would like a good Polacanthus.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2023, 09:30:54 AMThanks, I'll investigate.

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2023, 09:29:15 AM

This is one of the two poses painted up by dinosaur_models_artworks.

thomasw100

Beautiful model and beautiful paint application. I was also thinking of this species, but then for my first order I opted for the Tarchia. Must have been the effect of Prehistoric Planet. But I plan on including the Polacanthus into my next order.

Question: Does the model in this pose stand on its own without the base? There is a second one in a defensive position which should stand on its own because it is shown without base on their website. But I kind of prefer models that show the animals in a more relaxed walking pose.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2023, 01:42:35 PMBeautiful model and beautiful paint application. I was also thinking of this species, but then for my first order I opted for the Tarchia. Must have been the effect of Prehistoric Planet. But I plan on including the Polacanthus into my next order.

Question: Does the model in this pose stand on its own without the base? There is a second one in a defensive position which should stand on its own because it is shown without base on their website. But I kind of prefer models that show the animals in a more relaxed walking pose.
Thank you! And yes this model stands on its own, but there is a peg on the back leg, it kind of looks awkward standing without the base not going to lie.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 28, 2023, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2023, 01:42:35 PMBeautiful model and beautiful paint application. I was also thinking of this species, but then for my first order I opted for the Tarchia. Must have been the effect of Prehistoric Planet. But I plan on including the Polacanthus into my next order.

Thank you! And yes this model stands on its own, but there is a peg on the back leg, it kind of looks awkward standing without the base not going to lie.

Thank you for confirming. The peg can be removed so its not a problem. I ordered my Dinosauria Creatures models without base.

Takama

V @vampiredesign these are my wishes for HAOLONGOOD

Stegosaurus (either species)

Brachiosaurus

Torvosaurus

Parasaurolophus "cyrtocristatus"

Amargasaurus

Ankylosaurus

Tricertops

Baryonyx or Suchomimus (Either one. Of these two)

Acrocanthosaurus

These are my wishes, most may roll their eyes upon them (because they been done by others), but im willing to buy "Your version" of them not another companys.

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: Takama on August 30, 2023, 01:41:54 AMV @vampiredesign these are my wishes for HAOLONGOOD

Stegosaurus (either species)

Brachiosaurus

Torvosaurus

Parasaurolophus "cyrtocristatus"

Amargasaurus

Ankylosaurus

These are my wishes, most may roll their eyes upon them (because they been done by others), but im willing to buy "Your version" of them not another companys.

A brachiosaurus would go well with the apatosaurus figure.The iconic tall sauropod, now with the correct skull and more bulky proportions as a figure would be amazing! Given how good the paint applications have been with their recent figures, a huge and detailed figure of that size would be an eye catcher.

SidB

As long as it really was a Brachiosaurus or a Giraffatitan , either/or and not a blend of both, in as far as that is possible.

Concavenator

Updated my wishlist on post 1.

Added Yi qi, Tenontosaurus and Anchiceratops. Also removed a few genera that either Haolonggood themselves have tackled already (!!), have received good figures in the meantime by other companies (like Gorgosaurus) or others that I consider have decent figures by now.

If it wasn't apparent already, I'm fairly happy with Haolonggood's choice of species this year for the most part. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, some of those were very requested species by the community.

As a constructive criticism, I still hope they can be a bit more rigorous when it comes to the scientific accuracy of their reconstructions (the stegosaur hands, the Ouranosaurus' pair of bosses atop of its skull, the Allosaurus' skull shape/enlarged thumbclaw... to give some examples).

Halichoeres

There were aspects of the megalodon that I didn't care for, and I'm not very interested in megalodon anyway, but the presentation was great. I like the idea of just a little bit of water as a base: it keeps it from bending its fins on a shelf, it gives it a nice swimming attitude, and it gives it a pretty small footprint. More aquatic animals from Haolonggood would be very welcome as far as I'm concerned. Something like Edestus, Leedsichthys, Brachauchenia, or Shonisaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Leyster

Plateosaurus and Maiasaura, please!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

ceratopsian

Concavenator

Takama

V @vampiredesign  good choice on the carnotaurus

Now to add to my wishlist, I would like you to add your version of Triceratops. Along with the others I mentiond previously :)

SidB

Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2023, 01:20:54 PMV @vampiredesign  good choice on the carnotaurus

Now to add to my wishlist, I would like you to add your version of Triceratops. Along with the others I mentiond previously :)
I'd been thinking about a HLG trike too!

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 02, 2023, 01:34:16 PM
Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2023, 01:20:54 PMV @vampiredesign  good choice on the carnotaurus

I'd been thinking about a HLG trike too!
As long as it is prorsus. Horridus has had too much attention.

Quote from: Concavenator on September 02, 2023, 10:30:48 AM
Quote from: Leyster on September 01, 2023, 07:11:19 PMPlateosaurus and Maiasaura, please!

Hear hear!
Please! Please!

Sim

I'd be interested in an Edestus, a Plateosaurus and a Triceratops prorsus too.  But most of all I'm hoping for a Chasmosaurus belli!

Takama

V @vampiredesign

I have added two more wishes, however, i dont know if one of them will be feasable for you :-\

Would a re attempt at makeing a New Acrocanthosaurus be too much to ask? Since I recall you said one was in the works.  But was canceled for some reason?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: