News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Stunning! I especially love it next to PNSO's Triceratops.

Halichoeres

Wow, that Dreadnoughtus! I love the inclusion of the Talenkauen and the little pterosaur. Really drives home the enormous scale of the sauropod.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 07, 2023, 11:41:11 PMWow, that Dreadnoughtus! I love the inclusion of the Talenkauen and the little pterosaur. Really drives home the enormous scale of the sauropod.

Right? I think that it was a great idea by the artist to include those in the scene.

TooOldForDinosaurs

WELCOME HOME

BBC Walking With Dinosaurs plush Ophthalmosaurus from 1998. Official merch from the television series release. Original tag still on and in wonderful condition.

A piece that I have been on the lookout for for a very long time and I am super happy that it finally joined my WWD Ophthalmosauri pod.

The inscription on the tag reads:
A very common Ichthyosaur in the late Jurassic seas. It had the largest eyes of any vertebrate and these probably helped it hunt for squid at night or perhaps at great depth. Its snout was long and thin with no teeth, suitable for snapping after fast, manoeuvrable prey.

ceratopsian

I bet he/she was mightily surprised to find so many relatives in their new home!  Seriously though, I'm glad you were able to find something you'd been looking for.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 17, 2023, 02:54:29 PMI bet he/she was mightily surprised to find so many relatives in their new home!  Seriously though, I'm glad you were able to find something you'd been looking for.
Hehe, you might be right. Thank you - I appreciate it!  ^-^

Concavenator

Seeing all those Ophthalmosaurus together feels soothing, in a way!  ;D

Halichoeres

It has such a big mouth! I might be afraid it would eat its PVC pod-mates...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ikessauro

I really does feel soothing!  ^-^

Saarlooswolfhound

That is a wonderful collection of Ophthalmasaurs. Congratulations on such a long sought after piece!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you for all the nice comments!  :)

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I can assure you he/she is very friendly. Main purpose of the big mouth is to give big kisses to his/her family members  ;)

avatar_Saarlooswolfhound @Saarlooswolfhound Thanks!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Two new exciting additions today. And my first personal experiences with paint commissions. I bought these two models over Dinosauria Creatures. The owner of the online 3D-printing shop usually collaborates with Javi/Javier, the artist behind the IG account @dinocomissions. After the purchase you get invited into a private discord channel to discuss all your  wishes. Everything was so smooth, they replied super fast, they were both very friendly, I got regularly updated on any progress and the shipping was surprisingly fast. Really just a grade A experience and I can highly recommend them if you're looking for custom models.

I got a Tarchia and a Zalmoxes (both models by miniature museum) of course as a tribute to PP2. :) As a reference for the paint scheme I chose a blue tit for the Zalmoxes and a hoopoe for the Tarchia;

Here are the beautiful results:

ceratopsian

I find the Tarchia especially attractive.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 12, 2023, 03:05:01 PMI find the Tarchia especially attractive.

The pattern is a wonderful interpretation of the hoopoes feathering. :)

SidB

I find the supporting elements, bases, plant, wood, very effective.

postsaurischian

Splendid! Two absolute beauties :D . Colours and base of Zalmoxes knock me off my feet!
 I think I have to check Dinosauria Creatures' homepage again one fine day.

Libraraptor

Colour patterns of birds have always been great blueprints for dinosaur depictions. Yours are no exception and really beautifully crafted!  :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you all for your comments!

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian   ;)

New setup photos will follow soon, since I recently moved in together with my girlfriend into a flat.  :) Spoiler: I had to reduce the number of models on display and got a glass cabinet - it looks so much better than before!

Halichoeres

Those turned out great! I wouldn't have thought to translate hoopoe into ankylosaur.

Concavenator

Looking forward to seeing your new display. I like seeing collections in cabinets, even if that makes me more jealous! I definitely want to get one for my collection too, hopefully at some point.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: