News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

After avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator pointed it out here https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10926.msg354536#msg354536 , I have to agree with him that the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus doesn't look like the real animal, unfortunately.  I doubt PNSO will remake their Tuojiangosaurus.  In any case, I would love a Tuojiangosaurus from Haolonggood based on the skeletal below:

(Image source)

I'm reminded of this picture:
  (Image source)
I have good figures of Mamenchisaurus (CollectA), Yangchuanosaurus (PNSO) and Gigantspinosaurus (CollectA) but not Tuojiangosaurus.  I'd very much like a Tuojiangosaurus that looks like the real animal.  I've always liked Tuojiangosaurus.  It's such a unique and cool stegosaurian.

Bread

Could the Haolonggood Dancetrurus sit in as a Tuojiangosaurus for the time being? Because I've thought about doing this for the new PNSO Yangchuanosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

I was thinking if the Tuojiangasaurus can sit as a Dacentrurus though, since its bigger and more dynamic, both models are awsome though.

Sim

I think the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus could be used as a Dacentrurus.  One might argue it should have a longer neck and no shoulder spikes both based on Miragaia, but I think it's possible Dacentrurus didn't have those traits.  On the other hand I don't think the Haolonggood Dacentrurus could work as a Tuojiangosaurus as Tuojiangosaurus had plates along most of its tail while the Haolonggood Dacentrurus has spines there.

Halichoeres

I've noticed that with theropods, Haolonggood has mostly gone with the most famous, recognizable members of particular clades: Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, Therizinosaurus. With ornithischians, they have mostly skipped the famous ones (Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus) and opted instead for lesser-known relatives. I would almost certainly have bought an Abelisaurus, Aucasaurus, or Skorpiovenator from Haolonggood, but I don't need another Carnotaurus. So I guess I'd like some deeper cuts if they're going to make theropods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

I wouldn't mind seeing Haolonggood add another Megalosaurus or Torvosaurus to the market.

Halichoeres

Or--hear me out--Eustreptospondylus? Afrovenator?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 08, 2023, 05:11:58 PMOr--hear me out--Eustreptospondylus? Afrovenator?
Yes!  I would love to have those two species!

Sim

Edit: Posted too early.

Sim

V @vampiredesign, since Haolonggood wants to stick to 1:35 scale and doesn't want to make small animals, there are currently four species I would LOVE to have from Haolonggood!  They are:

1. Chasmosaurus belli.  Since you've teased this one a few times, I'm optimistic you'll make it!

2. Tuojiangosaurus.  See the post earlier on this page for my thoughts on it!

3. Austroraptor.  There isn't a feathered one available!  That needs to change!

4. Amargasaurus.  There isn't a good figure of it with both the single first neck spine and sails attached to its neck spines.

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim I like that selection a lot!  ;) V @vampiredesign

- I have the BotM Chasmosaurus, but as nice as it is, I would gladly replace it with a smaller version. I think Haolonggood could do a great job with it, they have experience with ceratopsids. This genus is incredibly overdue.

- Amargasaurus is among my favorite dinosaurs, so I would love to have a nice and up-to-date figure of it too. I think it would be a great choice: it's among the most famous sauropods and there is no up-to-date, sailed figure of it. Plus, it's not a huge animal, so it would be less risky than making other bigger sauropods. Other advantages: it could be displayed alongside Haolonggood's own Dicraeosaurus and it has good remains to work with. It's also a flashy animal so it would look great with Haolonggood's stunning colorations.

- An Austroraptor I would find equally if not even more exciting, just because unlike Amargasaurus, which has received several good (for previous times) figures in the past, Austroraptor hasn't had that luck. I find unenlagiines to be fascinating animals. Austroraptor has been requested for a while, but after its appearance on Prehistoric Planet, I see more people than ever asking for it!

If one was to be announced, I'd grab it in about two milliseconds.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 08, 2023, 05:11:58 PMOr--hear me out--Eustreptospondylus? Afrovenator?
Oof, yeah, those are two even better choices. Rugops or Rajasaurus would also be nice, going back to abelisaurs.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on September 07, 2023, 05:24:27 PMI think the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus could be used as a Dacentrurus.  One might argue it should have a longer neck and no shoulder spikes both based on Miragaia, but I think it's possible Dacentrurus didn't have those traits.  On the other hand I don't think the Haolonggood Dacentrurus could work as a Tuojiangosaurus as Tuojiangosaurus had plates along most of its tail while the Haolonggood Dacentrurus has spines there.
Perfect for me
Ideally I would get both but the PNSO "dacentrurus" is bigger . I will post this question in another thread for more insights too. Thanks

ceratopsian

Haolonggood has shown its affinity for sauropods. I think the firm would make an excellent sauropodomorph such as Massospondylus or Plateosaurus. Or Lufengosaurus. These are so neglected!

Takama

If they make an Afrovenator then I call for a Jobaria along with it.

Daspletodave

I'd like to see them do Chasmosaurus, Plateosaurus, Iguanodon, Camarasaurus, Euoplocephalus, Shantungosaurus, and Saurolophus.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on September 07, 2023, 05:24:27 PMI think the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus could be used as a Dacentrurus.  One might argue it should have a longer neck and no shoulder spikes both based on Miragaia, but I think it's possible Dacentrurus didn't have those traits.  On the other hand I don't think the Haolonggood Dacentrurus could work as a Tuojiangosaurus as Tuojiangosaurus had plates along most of its tail while the Haolonggood Dacentrurus has spines there.

This is an interesting thought! Does anyone know conclusively whether Tuojiangosaurus had a shoulder spike?

I also note the comment that said PNSO's Tuojiangosaurus' plates are wrong, and based on avatar_Sim @Sim 's post, Scott Hartman thinks so too:

Quote from: Sim on September 07, 2023, 04:13:48 PMAfter avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator pointed it out here https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10926.msg354536#msg354536 , I have to agree with him that the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus doesn't look like the real animal, unfortunately.  I doubt PNSO will remake their Tuojiangosaurus.  In any case, I would love a Tuojiangosaurus from Haolonggood based on the skeletal below:

(Image source)

Am waiting for HLG to come up with their next stegosaurian, their herbivores are always such a treat.

-----

Edit: Also, would anyone know where I can find more info and papers on Tuojiangosaurus? Thanks in advance!

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 09, 2023, 09:21:02 AMHaolonggood has shown its affinity for sauropods. I think the firm would make an excellent sauropodomorph such as Massospondylus or Plateosaurus. Or Lufengosaurus. These are so neglected!

Yes, please!

Leyster

Quote from: Quiversaurus on September 13, 2023, 07:24:04 AMEdit: Also, would anyone know where I can find more info and papers on Tuojiangosaurus? Thanks in advance!

Nowhere. It's basically one of those genera almost untouched since its description. It gets a bit of space in Maidment & Wei 2006, it's mentioned here and there elsewhere, and that's all.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2023, 03:02:23 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus Well, I still hope they'll consider Kentrosaurus for the future again... even if at a larger scale than 1:35.

Iguanodon is another popular dinosaur I would love to see by Haolonggood! Neither the Safari, CollectA or PNSO figures convince me for one reason or another. I think Haolonggood could do a magnificent job with it. Despite the PNSO figure being recent, quite a bit of people seemed unhappy with it, so HLG could make one that potentially attracts those people who didn't go with the PNSO (and/or the Safari/CollectA versions, too). It's also an iconic and very famous dinosaur, so I'm confident it would be successful.

Leaving some useful references here, in case it results of interest to V @vampiredesign :

By Emily Stepp

By Scott Hartman

By Gabriel Ugueto.

A proper CHONK of an Iguanodon would be wonderful.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: