News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Gonna post some more images soon

BlueKrono

I ordered something from him 5 months ago and still no word.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 09, 2023, 05:43:23 PMI ordered something from him 5 months ago and still no word.
Has it shipped yet? I first got into contact with him a little over 5 months as well, but only a couple weeks ago was it finally ready to ship. His patagotitan has been very popular lately so he's been somewhat swamped with orders

ceratopsian

Good to see another one in a collection!  I think it's a magnificent figure and love mine.  It took a long time from order to him actually making the model, but once made it arrived very quickly.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 09, 2023, 05:19:29 PMGonna post some more images soon

BlueKrono

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 09, 2023, 05:54:14 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on October 09, 2023, 05:43:23 PMI ordered something from him 5 months ago and still no word.
Has it shipped yet? I first got into contact with him a little over 5 months as well, but only a couple weeks ago was it finally ready to ship. His patagotitan has been very popular lately so he's been somewhat swamped with orders

No, no word yet. I don't know if he's even started it yet. I understand being busy but... maybe I'll give him a year to catch up.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 09, 2023, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 09, 2023, 05:54:14 PM

No, no word yet. I don't know if he's even started it yet. I understand being busy but... maybe I'll give him a year to catch up.
You could always follow up, that sometimes helped for me.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Another new acquisition, this time not purchased but printed! After 15 hours I've finally finished printing out this Pycnonemosaurus bust by THSpike on thingiverse, in approximately 1:15 scale. Printed on a Monoprice Cadet with 0.1 mm layer height, honestly kinda shocked with the detail I was able to get out of an fdm printer!

Just needs some cleanup, assembly, and painting and it should be ready to display!

(Pencil for scale)

EmperorDinobot

My Dearc by LittleSoft Collabs should be here today! It's bittersweet because I lost my best friend of 20 years to something stupid, and because earlier this year I also lost one of my best friends, who is Scottish, to something stupid as well.

It should look like this:

Roselaar

Oh wow, that looks super cute! :)

Cretaceous Crab

I came home from work today and was pleasantly surprised to see my Ouranosaurus from Haolonggood had arrived.

This was my first time ordering from Aliexpress. It had a welcome deal so it was like $10.99 free shipping. And it arrived nearly 2 weeks ahead of their projected delivery date.

Carnoking

Target Circles Week strikes again...

EmperorDinobot

JimoAi

my latest haul: one extant and the rest are extinct with a heavy emphasis on Palaeozoic life.

Colorata Palaeozoic box: Obtained for the invertebrates, not retaining the cephalaspis or Dunk as the ceph is too big and it's inevitable someone would make chunky dunk sooner or later

Kaiyodo Acantostega: A prehistoric amphibian for my collection as the icthyostega was too expensive

Safari ltd Dimetrodon: of course I have to add this iconic synapsid to my prehistoric shelf

PNSO mini ophthalmosaurus: standing in as Icthyosaurus

Eofauna steppe mammoth recast: my justifications were that I'm not willing to spend much money on prehistoric mammals which I have little to no interest in outside cetaceans, doedicurus or megatherium and their relatives. It's still a really nice piece and the only thing I can fault it is the sloppy paint

Papo young octopus: the last 2023 figure from major brands I'm getting this year. Unfortunately, it has 2 siphons but they're not as distracting as the larger octopus produced in 2014

SidB

A big day for me as I received my first two lipped PNSO tyrannosaurids from Bravo Models in Mexico. They are everything for which I'd been hoping. My specification called for the paint scheme of the originals to be kept intact and this was accomplished perfectly.

The Lythronax

Image courtesy of Bravo Models

The Daspletosaurus

Image courtesy of Bravo Models

As an added bonus, Canada Post also dropped off my HLG red Daspletosaurus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SidB on October 17, 2023, 03:16:24 AMA big day for me as I received my first two lipped PNSO tyrannosaurids from Bravo Models in Mexico. They are everything for which I'd been hoping. My specification called for the paint scheme of the originals to be kept intact and this was accomplished perfectly.
Those look wonderful! Might I ask how much they cost?

SidB

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 17, 2023, 03:16:24 AMA big day for me as I received my first two lipped PNSO tyrannosaurids from Bravo Models in Mexico. They are everything for which I'd been hoping. My specification called for the paint scheme of the originals to be kept intact and this was accomplished perfectly.
It's not a nickle and dime outlay for sure, avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo . I paid Bravo 45 USD each, though I don't begrudge it - they're very well done. Plus shipping costs, of course.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SidB on October 19, 2023, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 10:39:33 PM
It's not a nickle and dime outlay for sure, avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo . I paid Bravo 45 USD each, though I don't begrudge it - they're very well done. Plus shipping costs, of course.
That's actually quite reasonable, thank you!

SidB

Something old that's new  for me - a factory painted classic Invicta Diplodocus just arrived in the mail from England, to join my two monochromes. Not only have  Invicta dinosaurs utterly disappeared from the local thrift shops over the last several years, but painted versions were never common at all, so I decided to take the plunge and acquire this beauty for a quite reasonable price. Here it is:

Carnoking

The King has arrived.

Roselaar

Scored some harder to find (in my area at least) smaller JW figures:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: