News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

My Mosasaurus arrived yesterday and I'm glad I got the optional base because it gives the Mosasaurus a lot more visual impact and relevance to the movie---particularly the Indominus Rex skull.

It's near the end of 2023, so any speculation on what to expect from Nanmu in 2024?

Also, today is Jeff Goldblum's 71st birthday.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm actually not sure I want the Dragon Soul Rex, the paint seems less impressive than the regular version and the pose is a bit boring having seen it now for months. 

Nanmu has teased a lot, pterosaur, therizinosaurus, super poseable figures, and the big ape ( yay). Not sure how much of that is all planned though.

Lynx

Why do they produce like ten versions of the Rex or spino, tease something new, then make ten more versions of the same Rex and Spino
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lynx on October 22, 2023, 06:42:01 PMWhy do they produce like ten versions of the Rex or spino, tease something new, then make ten more versions of the same Rex and Spino

It's what sells. Simple as that really. :/  Personally my collection is getting oversaturated.

Lynx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 22, 2023, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: Lynx on October 22, 2023, 06:42:01 PMWhy do they produce like ten versions of the Rex or spino, tease something new, then make ten more versions of the same Rex and Spino

It's what sells. Simple as that really. :/  Personally my collection is getting oversaturated.

So like how Mattel releases a new slightly altered rex every month or so?
An oversized house cat.

Joliezac

The rex looks great but I think the fence itself is disappointing. I wasn't able to get one but I'm honestly glad I didn't now, the standard version seems just as nice if not better. The flimsy wire is a drawback.

I personally was happy that Nanmu was making 2.0 versions of their figures because I didn't have any of the original ones and these seem like a good upgrade. I was torn for so long about getting either the W-Dragon spino or Nanmu one, but when Nanmu announced their 2.0 version, it was an easy choice for me.

If they make more 2.0 versions I'd like to see an indominus or indoraptor.

For new releases, I'd love to see the teased Dominion therizinosaurus, junior from the Lost World, raptors from the original movie or the Lost World. I'm always more interested in carnivores but I wouldn't mind seeing some more herbivores in the line. I can definitely see why people are getting tired of 2.0 versions and carnivores though. I really wish they would bring back the articulated jaws too.. They don't look more realistic to me without them, and as someone who loves outdoor photography, its a shame to have the figures stuck in one pose.

dragon53

"Nanmu has teased a lot, pterosaur, therizinosaurus, super poseable figures, and the big ape..."

That's not a lot to look forward to.  ::)

dragon53

need4swede

Have to admit, my Rex/Spino shelves are pretty packed - and I'm at the point where I am starting to sell the 'duplicates', because there's just not enough to set them apart. Personally, I don't feel that the 2.0 Spino is an 'upgrade' over the original Supplanter. I prefer the original LE (brown) Nanmu model Spino over the others, but that's just my take. My favorite JP Spino is probably the Prime 1 figure, simply because it very clearly stands out from the rest.

This is why I went for the Red-Rex - it is different enough to warrant the shelf space. Whether or not the Soul versions today have more details or if they're better sculpted matters little to me - it's just another brown Rex and it'll get lost in the crowd fairly quickly, at least in my collection.
- Swede

SenSx

Quote from: need4swede on October 23, 2023, 05:11:54 PMHave to admit, my Rex/Spino shelves are pretty packed - and I'm at the point where I am starting to sell the 'duplicates', because there's just not enough to set them apart. Personally, I don't feel that the 2.0 Spino is an 'upgrade' over the original Supplanter. I prefer the original LE (brown) Nanmu model Spino over the others, but that's just my take. My favorite JP Spino is probably the Prime 1 figure, simply because it very clearly stands out from the rest.

This is why I went for the Red-Rex - it is different enough to warrant the shelf space. Whether or not the Soul versions today have more details or if they're better sculpted matters little to me - it's just another brown Rex and it'll get lost in the crowd fairly quickly, at least in my collection.

Yes I've never seen the new Spino as an upgraded version, I still find the original one better: better paint job and articulated jaw.
I bought the albino as but I don't know if I'll keep it.
The only point of the new Rex is the pose, it made it a must have for me.

Abobo

the "pharaoh" is really a splendid figure, my choice for the "definitive" Nanmu Spinosaurus

blnadal

Quote from: Joliezac on October 22, 2023, 09:42:05 PMThe rex looks great but I think the fence itself is disappointing. I wasn't able to get one but I'm honestly glad I didn't now, the standard version seems just as nice if not better. The flimsy wire is a drawback.

I personally was happy that Nanmu was making 2.0 versions of their figures because I didn't have any of the original ones and these seem like a good upgrade. I was torn for so long about getting either the W-Dragon spino or Nanmu one, but when Nanmu announced their 2.0 version, it was an easy choice for me.

If they make more 2.0 versions I'd like to see an indominus or indoraptor.

For new releases, I'd love to see the teased Dominion therizinosaurus, junior from the Lost World, raptors from the original movie or the Lost World. I'm always more interested in carnivores but I wouldn't mind seeing some more herbivores in the line. I can definitely see why people are getting tired of 2.0 versions and carnivores though. I really wish they would bring back the articulated jaws too.. They don't look more realistic to me without them, and as someone who loves outdoor photography, its a shame to have the figures stuck in one pose.
A new Indominus and Indoraptor would be a dream, but I really doubt it will happen (especially Indoraptor)
I lost my hope on Therizinosaurus, Pterosaurs and any other 1/35 raptor.. they seem to be going to an end with Jurassic franchise

Blade-of-the-Moon

They seemed set against a new Indoraptor and Indominus earlier this year for some reason. I don't know if it's because WDragon made nice ones or what. They didn't seem to mind copying their Mosa. 

I don't see them abandoning the Jurassic franchise quite yet.

dragon53

Joliezac

I ordered the raptors from lanatime and I was just notified they've been shipped  :))

Kuraro

Anyone knows the scale of this couple?

SenSx

They are supposed to be 1/15, that's why I did not order them, too small compare to the other 1/10 options from Iron Studio or Prime 1.

But wait and see I'm curious, with Nanmu and the likes it's sometimes bigger than it's supposed to be.

Abobo

Halichoeres

Quote from: dragon53 on October 22, 2023, 03:09:18 PMIt's near the end of 2023, so any speculation on what to expect from Nanmu in 2024?

Lawsuits from Universal? I feel like it's got to come at some point.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: