News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2023, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on November 03, 2023, 11:59:06 AMThe figure measures thirty-nine centimetres in length and it stands 15.5 cm tall, according to Everything Dinosaur's post.

Despite its huge size there's something about this one that looks 'small' from the stock images, compared to the existing deluxe pterosaurs. I can't put my finger on why, maybe it's the paintwork or the sculpt is less refined with blunter teeth, claws, and 'beak'. If someone told me this was a standard figure, 15-20 cm long, I'd believe them. I'm curious to see it in person!

For the record, I'm a huge fan of the previous deluxe pterosaurs, especially the Dimorphodon.

Flaffy

Was just made aware of a major inaccuracy:

The lack of uropatagium connecting Digits 5 on the hindlimbs.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 03, 2023, 05:24:23 PM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on November 03, 2023, 11:59:06 AMThe figure measures thirty-nine centimetres in length and it stands 15.5 cm tall, according to Everything Dinosaur's post.

Despite its huge size there's something about this one that looks 'small' from the stock images, compared to the existing deluxe pterosaurs. I can't put my finger on why, maybe it's the paintwork or the sculpt is less refined with blunter teeth, claws, and 'beak'. If someone told me this was a standard figure, 15-20 cm long, I'd believe them. I'm curious to see it in person!

For the record, I'm a huge fan of the previous deluxe pterosaurs, especially the Dimorphodon.

I agree!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

It would be really neat to see an anurognathid from this line, heck they could probably even get away with making it in 1:1 scale, anuro itself only has a wingspan of 50 cm vs 250 for dearc

Brontozaurus

Quote from: DinoToyForum on November 03, 2023, 05:24:23 PM

I'm feeling the same way, something about it feels unrefined for a toy in that scale. The Dimorphodon, the only one I own, looks crisp by comparison. Maybe it's just a wonky prototype. In any case I'm excited for this one!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

suspsy

Everything Dinosaur posted another image on Facebook along with this caption.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02qZtMEVV7Bs1dZn1BUPSJzqHm5vaqC7V29taRb1PADcnwRJgDUqUu3S28mXqVMrrWl&id=100063246307121&mibextid=qC1gEa

QuoteThere have been some comments about the lack of a uropatagium on the new for 2024 CollectA Deluxe Dearc sgiathanach which should link the 5th toe.  We think it is the angle of the images that have prevented this feature being seen.  Here is an additional image that definitely shows this feature. It could be argued that the uropatagium could be slightly broader, but there certainly is an attempt on this figure to show the 5th toe in association with the uropatagium.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

it's a lot smaller than I assumed
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

ok nevermind I just saw the white one

Concavenator

If only the figure that will be released was the size of the prototype, I'd possibly consider it (still have doubts because I would like a Rhamphorhynchus specifically), even though that prototype is still pretty large. But the size of the actual figure is too huge for me to consider. I'd rather CollectA made their pterosaurs at smaller sizes (heck even their Geosternbergia is quite large already).

ceratopsian

If only it were!  I'd be much happier if the final product were smaller like the prototype.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 09, 2023, 07:45:19 AMit's a lot smaller than I assumed

DragonRider02

I am surprised CollectA hasn't made any downsized versions of their big pterosaurs. I think it would make more sense to downsize these, rather than Triceratops or Baryonyx and Mapusaurus.

Sim

CollectA made a mini Guidraco.  I wish they would make minis of their other big pterosaurs though!

DragonRider02

Quote from: Sim on November 09, 2023, 12:14:15 PMCollectA made a mini Guidraco.  I wish they would make minis of their other big pterosaurs though!
By downsized I meant to CollectA's regular line size, like last year's P. sternbergi, not a toob mini.

I would absolutely buy mini toob of pterosaurs though.

GojiraGuy1954

the giant pterosaurs are cool im gonna try and get the Caiuajara

Halichoeres

I think a lot of us have been dreaming of a set of small pterosaurs--from anyone!--for years now.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoFan2010

I think a 1:6 scale Coelophysis would look great from CollectA!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

profnik

What about the collecta
megatherium (giant ground sloth),lystrosaurus, gorgosaurus, woolly rhinoceros, dreadnoughtus, archelon and tiktaalik,

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: profnik on November 09, 2023, 05:11:40 PMWhat about the collecta
megatherium (giant ground sloth),lystrosaurus, gorgosaurus, woolly rhinoceros, dreadnoughtus, archelon and tiktaalik,
You're getting one of those if the leak is real

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: