News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Japanese novelties - New for 2023 (various companies)

Started by Halichoeres, November 14, 2022, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

If Andy isn't paying you to post all his reviews, he should be!  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2023, 12:15:23 PMIf Andy isn't paying you to post all his reviews, he should be!  ;)
Haha! It's because he's a well-known, easily accessible reviewer who reviews collectibles from a wide range of companies and up to date with latest releases that I post his reviews here. It's not only for Andy's videos but also other reviewers'/dinotubers'  videos and posts. I try to bring together the community as much as possible and post interesting stuff that I think would be appropriate for here.

Prehistory Resurrection

Just came across Andy's review of the Bandai T-Rex and realized I didn't post it here yet, so here you go.

Halichoeres

Bandai cutesy dinos:

Parasaurolophus
Tyrannosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Carnotaurus
Ankylosaurus
Mosasaurus

ArtUniv Technicolor vinyl keychain fobs (Sacabambaspis and friends):

Sacabambaspis
Cephalaspis
Loganella
Furcacauda
Pteraspis
Drepanaspis

If only they had a third dimension...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Faelrin

I don't care if these are keychains, I need these. Totally looks just like avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon 's art of the Sacabambaspis lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

I would probably go for the keychains myself if I didn't have the Life game miniatures of all these genera.

Halichoeres

Tama-Kyu Human Evolution set:

"Ape"
Ardipithecus in what I think is its first appearance as a proper toy
Homo erectus
Homo neandertalensis
Homo sapiens

Kind of a cool format. I imagine this will be a one-off but I can think of some other groups that would be nice to see in a set like this, like early tetrapods or insects.

bmathison1972

I ordered the Ardipithecus :-)  Not sure what the 'ape' is supposed to be, if it is taxon-specific?

Flaffy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 06, 2023, 01:17:21 AMI ordered the Ardipithecus :-)  Not sure what the 'ape' is supposed to be, if it is taxon-specific?

Probably Sahelanthropus or Orrorin if I were to guess. Interesting set, most companies tend to go for Australopithecus instead, and frankly I don't think anyone can rival Kaiyodo's resin 'Lucy'.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 30, 2022, 07:44:53 PMNew set of Eikoh miniature dinosaurs. These might actually have come out a couple of months ago, but I only heard about them in the last week, and I imagine most people here who end up with them will get them in 2023.

Edited with names in the Latin alphabet:

Maiasaura, Quetzalcoatlus, and Tyrannosaurus have appeared in Eikoh Miniature Planet dinosaur sets before in different poses. This size format is perfect for small pterosaurs that would scale with dinosaurs from other lines, yet Eikoh has only made Quetzalcoatlus and Pteranodon, which seems like kind of a waste.

It hurts me that Eikoh didn't give wing feathers to their Oviraptor.  I've seen a close-up of it and it's actually very good except for the lack of wing feathers.  I would have got it if it had them.  Eikoh's Deinonychus also would have been better with wing feathers, but it's a quite outdated reconstruction anyway.
I very much hope Eikoh makes Microraptor in the future, it seems hard to get wrong now and there's a need for a good small figure of it.  I'm still hoping Eikoh makes an accurate Velociraptor and Rhamphorhynchus too!

Primeval12

OOO I *really* want that Deinocheirus! Looks cool :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.