News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on November 17, 2023, 04:10:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 17, 2023, 03:49:17 AM

Just received my Dilo pair from Lana. Little smaller than I thought but a lot of nice detail and fantastic paint as always.  I haven't watched the reviews yet online but I'm pretty positive they are sexually dimorphic?

Yes, subtle differences in the crests are the telltale sign for the intended dimorphism. From what I understand the sitting one is supposed to be the male and the standing one the female (both colour variants).

Oh I'm referring to the differences in the cloaca designs, but yes the crests are also slightly different as is the thickness of the tails.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 17, 2023, 03:49:17 AMJust received my Dilo pair from Lana. Little smaller than I thought .......

:)  Very nice. I'm getting mine tomorrow. Did you expect them to be larger than 1:35?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 17, 2023, 12:11:49 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 17, 2023, 03:49:17 AMJust received my Dilo pair from Lana. Little smaller than I thought .......

:)  Very nice. I'm getting mine tomorrow. Did you expect them to be larger than 1:35?

To be totally honest, I couldn't tell you that's the scale they were supposed to be in or what meant in terms of actual size in inches before ordering. I did see it on the box on arrival.  I think I just had an idea in my head they were a bit bigger.  but it's fine they will fit on a shelf "somewhere" better. ;)   I will point out one critique that might help, the images of the figures on the box , looks like they printed very dark, almost black? So much so they almost look like silhouettes.

Concavenator

Just got my first Haolonggood figure, the beautiful Pachyrhinosaurus!

Would love to accompany it with a Kosmoceratops and Anchiceratops^-^

thomasw100

I suggest that this endless teasing of bits and pieces about the large sauropod (now confirmed to be Alamosaurus) should now stop and they should just reveal how this beast will look like. Even if it will still take some time until it will be in stores. First a picture of a prototype months ago, then some information about a possible Alamosaurus, then a picture of a mold, then a note in social media that the Alamosaurus will be larger than the one from PNSO, then some pictures of the foot and the base, then some information that base and model will be separate, lastly some information about the size and length. Have I forgotten anything? OK some teasing and spreading of leaks is OK, but this is now going on for so long, Haolonggood is overdoing this.

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 19, 2023, 09:41:51 AMI suggest that this endless teasing of bits and pieces about the large sauropod (now confirmed to be Alamosaurus) should now stop and they should just reveal how this beast will look like. Even if it will still take some time until it will be in stores. First a picture of a prototype months ago, then some information about a possible Alamosaurus, then a picture of a mold, then a note in social media that the Alamosaurus will be larger than the one from PNSO, then some pictures of the foot and the base, then some information that base and model will be separate, lastly some information about the size and length. Have I forgotten anything? OK some teasing and spreading of leaks is OK, but this is now going on for so long, Haolonggood is overdoing this.

HAOLONGGOOD is not overdoing this. You are just being impatient ;) .

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 19, 2023, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 19, 2023, 09:41:51 AMI suggest that this endless teasing of bits and pieces about the large sauropod (now confirmed to be Alamosaurus) should now stop and they should just reveal how this beast will look like. Even if it will still take some time until it will be in stores. First a picture of a prototype months ago, then some information about a possible Alamosaurus, then a picture of a mold, then a note in social media that the Alamosaurus will be larger than the one from PNSO, then some pictures of the foot and the base, then some information that base and model will be separate, lastly some information about the size and length. Have I forgotten anything? OK some teasing and spreading of leaks is OK, but this is now going on for so long, Haolonggood is overdoing this.

HAOLONGGOOD is not overdoing this. You are just being impatient ;) .

I strongly disagree with this and I will explain you why. The purpose of such teasers is to whet the appetite of people for something. If the time between the teaser and the release is too long, that effect will subside. And eventually the mood will change to something like OK yet another teaser but who knows whenever this will be released. Further to that, now that PNSO has released their Alamosaurus and some relevant review videos are already published, many people will probably only get one of the two models for various reasons. And they will take advantage of Black Friday or early Christmas offers where PNSO will have then an edge over Haolonggood because people know what they will be getting from PNSO while they do not know yet what they will be getting from Haolonggood. This is why I feel that few full pictures of the beast would be good (even if the full release would take another couple of weeks) because they would help people making an informed decision whether to get the PNSO or the Haolonggood model (or both and then not getting some other current releases).

Note that I wrote this message because I believe that this is a critical Haolonggood release, the first really large sauropod in 1:35 scale and I want this to be a full success. Because if this will be a full success, the chances are much better that Haolonggood will do another large sauropod again in the future. If this will not be a full success (i.e. sales figures will be too low), there will probably not be any large sauropod releases from Haolonggood again. And PNSO will carefully observe this as well. If the large Alamosaurus from Haolonggood will sell well and maybe even better than their own model (despite the price tag and the high shipping costs), PNSO may also consider to make a really large sauropod in the future, especially having been repeatedly criticized because of the smaller scale of most of their sauropods. So what is at stake here is if there will be reasonably affordable large sauropod models in the years to come or if we return to the state where the only option would be 500 plus USD priced resin models (this figure refers to fully assembled and painted models).

vampiredesign

I understand very well that Alamosaurus originally planned to be a surprise for China at the end of the year. Before the re planning, there were already other new products on the production line, and Alamosaurus' paint plan is currently in progress. Of course, my arrival was definitely prepared for a surprise. (Alamosaurus has other new products before) Don't worry, we need to order some other appetizers first.I'm very sorry for causing you anxiety. I hope the next side dishes match your taste.

SenSx

I really wonder what that surprise could be ?

After those great Dilophosaurus, I would love another Jurassic famous medum size dinosaur: Ceratosaurus.
There just isn't any satisfying figure for this specie on the market...

Other than that, which specie is on many people's list ?

Would love Gigantoraptor, or Shantungosaurus.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 19, 2023, 01:05:39 PMI understand very well that Alamosaurus originally planned to be a surprise for China at the end of the year. Before the re planning, there were already other new products on the production line, and Alamosaurus' paint plan is currently in progress. Of course, my arrival was definitely prepared for a surprise. (Alamosaurus has other new products before) Don't worry, we need to order some other appetizers first.I'm very sorry for causing you anxiety. I hope the next side dishes match your taste.

Please take the time you need V @vampiredesign . It's not easy to put out so many amazing figures in such a short amount of time. I am excited for the Alamosaurus, but then again, everyone is also usually excited for the next HLG release, whatever it might be.

Side dish or not, I'm sure the majority of us will savour each offering that reaches us!

Sim

Quote from: SenSx on November 19, 2023, 01:32:32 PMI really wonder what that surprise could be ?

After those great Dilophosaurus, I would love another Jurassic famous medum size dinosaur: Ceratosaurus.

I too would love a Ceratosaurus from Haolonggood!  Chasmosaurus has been requested a lot, and Haolonggood used its skeleton in a number of their official pictures, so a Haolonggood figure of it might be coming!  The Wild Past Chasmosaurus is C. russelli, I'm hoping Haolonggood makes C. belli!  I don't think Haolonggood will make a Shantungosaurus soon, since they are making the nearly identical Edmontosaurus.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SenSx on November 19, 2023, 01:32:32 PMI really wonder what that surprise could be ?

Fingers crossed for Iguanodon for me (:

Ceratosaurus and Chasmosaurus both sound very plausible too, and Edmontosaurus is right up there as well. All wonderful options imo!

Dilophosaurus_8o

A suggestion I have that would be an instant buy from me would be a Gallimimus. If it's too small for an individual figure (six meters) then they could do what they did with the Dilophosaurus and sell it in a pair of animals. There aren't really any good figures of Ornithomimids available to the general public except the CollectA Ornithomimus which is outdated now (wing feathers cut of at the wrist instead of attaching to the second finger, and the feathers are very primitive rather than more bird like) So a 1;35 Gallimimus would be simply incredible. Another suggestion would be any sort of Oviraptorosaur, such as Anzu, or if that would be too small, a Gigantoraptor. There aren't any good Oviraptorosaur figures available in 1;35 at the moment, so again, this would be an instant buy. Keep up the great work, this company is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites!
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

Concavenator

avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus An Iguanodon would be very welcome indeed. And of course, Kentrosaurus too. Oh and Edmontosaurus was confirmed.

avatar_Dilophosaurus_8o @Dilophosaurus_8o Yeah, I would love a Gallimimus too! Also, it was similar in size to Dilophosaurus, which was made at 1:35 scale. So I think a 1:35 Gallimimus is feasible.

SenSx

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 19, 2023, 03:57:59 PM

Fingers crossed for Iguanodon for me (:

Ceratosaurus and Chasmosaurus both sound very plausible too, and Edmontosaurus is right up there as well. All wonderful options imo!

I'd prefer other less represented dinosaurs, but I would welcome Iguanodon still.
Like many I own the Collecta which is nice, but the skin texture is meh.

Gallimimus is really needed, but I gave up and commissioned an artist to make one for me, same for Herrerasaurus.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I would add a Centrosaurus, Kosmoceratops or Einiosaurus. I like PNSO's Centro but that closed mouth just doesn't grow on me. I think an open mouth gives them more character. Maybe herbivores could also add a mobile jaw? With Centrosaurus would be awesome a pack of juveniles and an adult, to show the ontogenic change.  ;D

Sim

The CollectA Struthiomimus isn't outdated.  It's not known if the feathering of ornithomimosaurs was primitive (downy and with no primaries) or more like a bird's.  In any case, I too would like a good Gallimimus figure!  There isn't one at the moment, and I agree it's needed.  Same for Herrerasaurus.

Dilophosaurus_8o

Quote from: Sim on November 19, 2023, 06:58:51 PMThe CollectA Struthiomimus isn't outdated.  It's not known if the feathering of ornithomimosaurs was primitive (downy and with no primaries) or more like a bird's.  In any case, I too would like a good Gallimimus figure!  There isn't one at the moment, and I agree it's needed.  Same for Herrerasaurus.

While not exactly outdated, it still is a rather drab looking figure honestly... and even if pennacious feathering in Ornithomimids is uncertain, Based on preservations from other Maniraptoriformes show pennacious feathering. Also, the model lacks a pygostyle (tail fan) which is probably present based on remains of Deinocheirus.
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

Dilophosaurus_8o

Quote from: Dilophosaurus_8o on November 19, 2023, 11:33:16 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 19, 2023, 06:58:51 PMThe CollectA Struthiomimus isn't outdated.  It's not known if the feathering of ornithomimosaurs was primitive (downy and with no primaries) or more like a bird's.  In any case, I too would like a good Gallimimus figure!  There isn't one at the moment, and I agree it's needed.  Same for Herrerasaurus.

While not exactly outdated, it still is a rather drab looking figure honestly... and even if pennacious feathering in Ornithomimids is uncertain, Based on preservations from other Maniraptoriformes show pennacious feathering. Also, the model lacks a pygostyle (tail fan) which is probably present based on remains of Deinocheirus.

of course anything is better than the schleich gallimimus...

Sim

Quote from: Dilophosaurus_8o on November 19, 2023, 11:33:16 PMWhile not exactly outdated, it still is a rather drab looking figure honestly... and even if pennacious feathering in Ornithomimids is uncertain, Based on preservations from other Maniraptoriformes show pennacious feathering. Also, the model lacks a pygostyle (tail fan) which is probably present based on remains of Deinocheirus.
Ornithomimosaurs are the most basal maniraptoriformes, it's possible they didn't have pennaceous feathering.  Additionally, therizinosaurians which are more derived than ornithomimosaurs, show filamentous not pennaceous feathers.  Pennaceous feathering isn't known outside of Pennaraptora.  The pygostyle of non-bird dinosaurs can't be used to support the presence of a tail feather fan as 1. Beipiaosaurus has a pygostyle and its tail feathers are preserved showing it didn't have a tail fan; and 2. Plesiosaurians have pygostyles but no-one thinks they had feathers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: