News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

Dilophosaurus_8o

Quote from: Sim on November 20, 2023, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: Dilophosaurus_8o on November 19, 2023, 11:33:16 PMWhile not exactly outdated, it still is a rather drab looking figure honestly... and even if pennacious feathering in Ornithomimids is uncertain, Based on preservations from other Maniraptoriformes show pennacious feathering. Also, the model lacks a pygostyle (tail fan) which is probably present based on remains of Deinocheirus.
Ornithomimosaurs are the most basal maniraptoriformes, it's possible they didn't have pennaceous feathering.  Additionally, therizinosaurians which are more derived than ornithomimosaurs, show filamentous not pennaceous feathers.  Pennaceous feathering isn't known outside of Pennaraptora.  The pygostyle of non-bird dinosaurs can't be used to support the presence of a tail feather fan as 1. Beipiaosaurus has a pygostyle and its tail feathers are preserved showing it didn't have a tail fan; and 2. Plesiosaurians have pygostyles but no-one thinks they had feathers.
Apologies, my knowledge is not quite extensive enough to figure all that out, I apologize for being rude. I learned something new today :)
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

Fembrogon

Those look so cool, avatar_Abobo @Abobo! Those are your photos, I assume? How's the stability?

suspsy

I already have a LEGO stand ready for this one, because I do not believe it will remain standing on its own.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Annoyingly my pair of Dilophosaurus seems stuck in transit.  No movement for days, despite tracking telling me customs have been cleared.  Wish me luck!!

Abobo

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 20, 2023, 04:35:27 PMThose look so cool, avatar_Abobo @Abobo! Those are your photos, I assume? How's the stability?

hello nope from Paleofiguras facebook

Primeval12

SidB

To use an old expression, HLG has come a 'country mile' with their theropods.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 20, 2023, 05:03:43 PMAnnoyingly my pair of Dilophosaurus seems stuck in transit.  No movement for days, despite tracking telling me customs have been cleared.  Wish me luck!!

That happens especially around holidays. One day it's in customs, a few days later or a week it's delivered.

Halichoeres

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 19, 2023, 01:05:39 PMI understand very well that Alamosaurus originally planned to be a surprise for China at the end of the year. Before the re planning, there were already other new products on the production line, and Alamosaurus' paint plan is currently in progress. Of course, my arrival was definitely prepared for a surprise. (Alamosaurus has other new products before) Don't worry, we need to order some other appetizers first.I'm very sorry for causing you anxiety. I hope the next side dishes match your taste.

Thanks for the update. Excited to see both the appetizers and the giant-sized main course.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2023, 01:13:18 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on November 19, 2023, 01:05:39 PMI understand very well that Alamosaurus originally planned to be a surprise for China at the end of the year. Before the re planning, there were already other new products on the production line, and Alamosaurus' paint plan is currently in progress. Of course, my arrival was definitely prepared for a surprise. (Alamosaurus has other new products before) Don't worry, we need to order some other appetizers first.I'm very sorry for causing you anxiety. I hope the next side dishes match your taste.

Thanks for the update. Excited to see both the appetizers and the giant-sized main course.

Don't forget dessert  ;D

dragon53

Pinbacker

Quote from: dragon53 on November 21, 2023, 04:21:55 AM

These look fantastic, and seem to balance well. Haolonggood is the gift that keeps on giving to this hobby.

Duna

I thought I'd never say this, but they are more beautiful in hand than in the picture. The colors blend so well and are so deep (like the famous GR carcharodontosaurus). And they balance so well in that refreshing pose.
I can't wait for my grey to arrive!

Lynx

HLG doubled in quality when it comes to theropods, these look incredible!
An oversized house cat.

Roar

V @vampiredesign  I love all the teasers. I can't wait for new teasers! The dinosaurs are so beautiful and amazingly coloured. Still hope smaller species will be done too. So many amazing prehistoric creatures!
Onwards to adventure!

Concavenator

I'm sure the Alamosaurus will look great and I hope it will sell well, but I'm not interested in huge fragmentary titanosaurs. It's very likely I will find the "appetizers" more interesting.

An appetizer that I think would turn out quite delicious is a Kentrosaurus. Come on, at this point we need to start thinking about creating a petition for it at change.org.  ;D Gallimimus and Austroraptor would be so cool and unique too, not to say overdue. Come to think about it, we haven't got a feathered dinosaur from Haolonggood yet (excluding the Therizinosaurus, wasn't that a collaboration with GR Toys?). That has to be fixed!  ;)

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on November 21, 2023, 08:39:26 PMI'm sure the Alamosaurus will look great and I hope it will sell well, but I'm not interested in huge fragmentary titanosaurs. It's very likely I will find the "appetizers" more interesting.

An appetizer that I think would turn out quite delicious is a Kentrosaurus. Come on, at this point we need to start thinking about creating a petition for it at change.org.  ;D Gallimimus and Austroraptor would be so cool and unique too, not to say overdue. Come to think about it, we haven't got a feathered dinosaur from Haolonggood yet (excluding the Therizinosaurus, wasn't that a collaboration with GR Toys?). That has to be fixed!  ;)

Haolonggood has a good release strategy in my opinion. They offer a nice mix of models from various clades and they alternate theropods with herbivores now. And large with smaller species. So they have something to offer for most collectors, even if not everyone will buy all of their models. It appears that even PNSO has learned from them now that some double releases with a theropod and a herbivore are a success story. I appreciate that they are confident enough to make some large sauropods. Kentrosaurus may be a bit too small but who knows? In the meantime, Dinosauria Creatures has actually two models of Kentrosaurus in their portfolio from two different designers.

Sim

The Therizinosaurus is a feathered dinosaur from Haolonggood.  But I would like more feathered dinosaurs from Haolonggood, they've improved since the Therizinosaurus.  Austroraptor is at the top of my wishlist, Gallimimus would be great too.  I think vampiredesign has been clear Haolonggood won't be making Kentrosaurus.  I highly recommend the excellent CollectA Kentrosaurus which is 1:35 scale and in my opinion underrated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: