News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 06:04:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2023, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 22, 2023, 04:04:35 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 09:01:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 21, 2023, 08:03:56 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on November 21, 2023, 04:20:25 PMMy Target had the smaller ones, like the baby Nasuto, Dimetrodon, and a few others.

I never even saw the baby Nasuto in the wild around here.  :(

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Walmart is clogged with ED Dimetrodon, Velociraptor, and Quilmesaurus. I won't even buy the Quilmesaurus, I'm sick of seeing it at Walmart, I don't need to see it on my shelf. They need to put some of them on clearance.

My walmart's clearance section is a local joke. They decrease something by 1-2.00 and it's considered clearance.

My Canadian Walmart has multiple shelves of the Kayla Allosaurus set. Still for $75. After 2 years. Complete with a sign about bargain pricing.

$2 is apparently too big a drop...

Was that an Allosaurus set? The one with the Copter? I can't recall now, too many new species for my head to keep up with.

That's the one. Never really wanted it... apparently I'm not the only one because there's dozens

I think it comes with one of those new therodpods looks like it has a horn on it's head..can't recall it's name.  I liked the Copter myself, I just think you can't see what's in the box so people looked over it that and it might have been over produced.  I do still hope they make the INGEN copter from the first film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on November 27, 2023, 12:07:38 AMJurassic World stuff is on sale on Target again, including the Carnotaurus for 30% off. I ordered one! Sale ends Monday.

https://www.target.com/c/jurassic-world-hammond-collection/-/N-cbrpe

I canceled both the ones on preorder I had and ordered two of these, oddly arrive sooner than the preorders lol

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 05:00:35 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 27, 2023, 12:07:38 AMJurassic World stuff is on sale on Target again, including the Carnotaurus for 30% off. I ordered one! Sale ends Monday.

I canceled both the ones on preorder I had and ordered two of these, oddly arrive sooner than the preorders lol
This is why I don't preorder any of the lines anymore.

Of course I say this now, but when the Buck becomes an actual release, I'll be preordering it on day 1.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 04:59:44 AM
Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 06:04:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2023, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 22, 2023, 04:04:35 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 09:01:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 21, 2023, 08:03:56 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on November 21, 2023, 04:20:25 PMMy Target had the smaller ones, like the baby Nasuto, Dimetrodon, and a few others.

I never even saw the baby Nasuto in the wild around here.  :(

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Walmart is clogged with ED Dimetrodon, Velociraptor, and Quilmesaurus. I won't even buy the Quilmesaurus, I'm sick of seeing it at Walmart, I don't need to see it on my shelf. They need to put some of them on clearance.

My walmart's clearance section is a local joke. They decrease something by 1-2.00 and it's considered clearance.

My Canadian Walmart has multiple shelves of the Kayla Allosaurus set. Still for $75. After 2 years. Complete with a sign about bargain pricing.

$2 is apparently too big a drop...

Was that an Allosaurus set? The one with the Copter? I can't recall now, too many new species for my head to keep up with.

That's the one. Never really wanted it... apparently I'm not the only one because there's dozens

I think it comes with one of those new therodpods looks like it has a horn on it's head..can't recall it's name.  I liked the Copter myself, I just think you can't see what's in the box so people looked over it that and it might have been over produced.  I do still hope they make the INGEN copter from the first film.

It was the Rajasaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 27, 2023, 12:37:49 PM

Of course I say this now, but when the Buck becomes an actual release, I'll be preordering it on day 1.

i dont see a problem if you can cancel. preorder assures me i have at least one.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 27, 2023, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 27, 2023, 12:37:49 PM

i dont see a problem if you can cancel. preorder assures me i have at least one.
Oh yes absolutely. I somewhat collect the Star Wars Black Series figures, and majority of the time I have to preorder to gain assurance that I'll get one. Meanwhile, shortly before or after preorders are fulfilled, it appears in an abundance in retailers.

I guess that's just one of the many gimmicks to collecting toy/figure/model lines.

crazy8wizard

I preordered the Hammond Collection Geosternbergia and it didn't arrive until months after it was available through retailers, although ensuring a figure and often a lower price are an upside, but sometimes it feels like this meme with Squidward once it's available.

Bread

avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard you're definitely not alone in this community, plus just collectors in general experience this.

What's even worse is when a preorder is canceled by the retailer, even though numerous consumers are finding them in store.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 25, 2023, 02:22:25 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2023, 02:44:24 AM
Quote from: Bread on November 23, 2023, 03:50:36 PMWasn't sure where to put this, but there is a sale on Target's website right now.

I was able to pickup the Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus for about $20. That was after shipping and taxes.

The Rex at that price is almost worth getting to buy all those custom parts.
That's exactly what I did lol.

I see the head and feet for the Buck on Syrett Tech's Etsy, don't you need a neck piece as well to make it?

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 28, 2023, 06:04:37 AM
Quote from: Bread on November 23, 2023, 03:50:36 PMWasn't sure where to put this, but there is a sale on Target's website right now.

I was able to pickup the Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus for about $20. That was after shipping and taxes.

I see the head and feet for the Buck on Syrett Tech's Etsy, don't you need a neck piece as well to make it?
I do not recall there being any neck piece? Use Jurassic Compound's youtube videos as a reference, and I recall him doing the following in order: Replacing feet using Syrett's, replacing teeth using Syrett's, and then replacing the entire head using Syrett's.

BlueKrono

It would be nice if someone could set up "New for 2024" sub-boards on the DTF home page. They're hard to find unless someone has recently commented on it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 28, 2023, 11:57:40 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 28, 2023, 06:04:37 AM

I do not recall there being any neck piece? Use Jurassic Compound's youtube videos as a reference, and I recall him doing the following in order: Replacing feet using Syrett's, replacing teeth using Syrett's, and then replacing the entire head using Syrett's.

Maybe I've seen others customs with one? They might have used the neck off the Buck toy we do have or sculpted one?

Here is an image on the etsy page for the head, posted in a review claiming they used the Buck head .

Bread

Oh yes that's hand sculpted avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon! Epoxy putty is what's used, if I recall correctly.

Prehistory Resurrection

16 new figures have been unveiled for the 2024 Epic Evolution Line. Final releases are subject to change.

Gwangi

I wonder if the Pachyrhinosaurus will be the same one from 2018? The "Sinoceratops". Still my favorite Mattel ceratopsian.

crazy8wizard

I really hope whoever sculpted the Poposaurus does the Rauisuchus too. Mattel has been releasing a lot of unexpected Triassic critters lately.

MLMjp

Apatosaurus is most likely a baby.

Interested on that, Guanlong vs Lystrosaurus, Chasmosaurus and maybe Gastonia.

Wished they picked Acrocanthosaurus instead of Mapusaurus.

Faelrin

As far as I know these were listings leaked on Walmart (see Paleocollector's post on instagram). I'll get these up later tonight after me and my dad are done baby sitting my 10 month old niece.

Some of these definitely interest me, but I'd like to see sculpts first before making any plans. That said nice to see another Chasmosaurus coming to the line. Over 20 years since Kenner released theirs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

I'm claiming Guanlong vs. Lystrosaurus right now.

That's it. That's all.

Giganotosaurus

I'm disappointed that there aren't many new species on this list.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: