News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilophosaurus_8o

oh boy, I guess it's fitting that the dinosaur with over 1000 teeth is gonna take such a big bite out of my wallet! :o
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

postosuchus

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 27, 2023, 11:53:13 PMcan anyone confirm which names go to which individuals?
here's how Google translated the names:

i assume that the top names refer to the dinosaurs located to the left and above in each pair. in turn, the lower (female) names refer to sitting dilophosaurs.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 28, 2023, 04:26:34 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 28, 2023, 01:05:00 PMWish it was Corythosaurus instead.

Me, too, but this year has been an absolute desert for hadrosaurs, so I'll take what I can get.

At least CollectA came out with a really good Hadrosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Abobo

Dusty Wren

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 28, 2023, 05:34:06 PMAt least CollectA came out with a really good Hadrosaurus

Yeah, that was the one bright spot. It's a great little figure.
Check out my customs thread!

Faelrin

Looks like the lower jaw has a bit of an overbite. Iffy articulation? Their other figures didn't seem to have this issue so maybe it's just a poor sample. Color work still nice as usual though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Given both have spines and spikes, this will pair better with the Papo Suchomimus.

Sim

I would like to get both versions of the Haolonggood Baryonyx as I like both and it's one of my favourite animals.  I saw some more photos of it on Paleofiguras on Facebook.  It looks anatomically very good!  But I hope the lower jaw protruding past the upper jaw is a defect that only the photographed one has, I'm not sure I would be happy with a Haolonggood Baryonyx that has that.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I just received my first Haolonggood theropods, the beautiful pair of Dilophosaurus

I couldn't pass on this one, they are astonishing! I think later on I'll give a chance on a green Megaraptor.

vampiredesign

I will first answer a few questions and questions, first about the chin. (Everyone is busy with the new product) In the afternoon, I will send out photos of the product's chin. The chin in the video is a bit misaligned, so it may be that this player has won a prize. Next is the small dinosaur, and currently the main problem is standing. I don't really want to have a foundation or a disc on the soles of my feet, so there is currently no suitable solution. Then there is the issue of market prices, which is a very awkward thing. Calculating the labor cost of small products compared to large ones。Thank you very much for your support.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 29, 2023, 02:28:18 AMI will first answer a few questions and questions, first about the chin. (Everyone is busy with the new product) In the afternoon, I will send out photos of the product's chin. The chin in the video is a bit misaligned, so it may be that this player has won a prize. Next is the small dinosaur, and currently the main problem is standing. I don't really want to have a foundation or a disc on the soles of my feet, so there is currently no suitable solution. Then there is the issue of market prices, which is a very awkward thing. Calculating the labor cost of small products compared to large ones。Thank you very much for your support.
Thanks for the clarification about Baryonyx! yet... that small bipedal(?) dinosaur just intrigues me. I think somebody wanted also a dessert surprise? Well, some small metal sphere inside adjusting mass center may do it. But it also depends on the mass distribution along the figure. Hope you can all solve it with ease!
Now there's one more surprise, Hadrosaur aside!  ;D
Any educated guess or expectation about the nature of this little guy? I would say Psittacosaurus,  Tethyshadros (if it is the hadrosaur) or any medium sized Dromaeosaurid, as a feathered challenge...

Fembrogon

Thanks for the courtesy of keeping us updated, V @vampiredesign.
If it's not too much trouble, may I confirm which names go to which figures - standing or sitting - in the two Dilophosaurus sets:
Sun Xin + Gu da sao (brown) and Wang Ying + Hu Sang Niang (blue/yellow)?

postsaurischian

vampiredesign

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=279848001676508&set=pcb.279849881676320
https://twitter.com/zlx545721087/status/1729814848924459325/photo/1

baryouyx  Picture of the product 

Regarding other explanations:
Our prototype engineer may not be considered the top of the line, but they have their own independent opinions on dinosaur restoration and have been working hard and willing to listen to everyone's suggestions, making continuous progress!
Some unfriendly public opinion, ridicule, and criticism towards our designers have led to a lot of pressure.
I hereby declare on behalf of the official: No one is perfect, and the company will continue to respect and support the creativity of designers. The company is also willing to bear the cost of various trial and error. Similarly, we also welcome various studios and independent prototypes to join us for cooperation: but please make sure to fulfill the contract. We are not willing to engage with some defaulters or those who intentionally create public opinion, slander, or lie.
We welcome constructive suggestions, criticisms, and corrections to our products, which will help us do better.
Thank you very much for your support and understanding.

Also: Surprises keep coming soon.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 29, 2023, 10:53:01 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=279848001676508&set=pcb.279849881676320
https://twitter.com/zlx545721087/status/1729814848924459325/photo/1

baryouyx  Picture of the product 

Regarding other explanations:
Our prototype engineer may not be considered the top of the line, but they have their own independent opinions on dinosaur restoration and have been working hard and willing to listen to everyone's suggestions, making continuous progress!
Some unfriendly public opinion, ridicule, and criticism towards our designers have led to a lot of pressure.
I hereby declare on behalf of the official: No one is perfect, and the company will continue to respect and support the creativity of designers. The company is also willing to bear the cost of various trial and error. Similarly, we also welcome various studios and independent prototypes to join us for cooperation: but please make sure to fulfill the contract. We are not willing to engage with some defaulters or those who intentionally create public opinion, slander, or lie.
We welcome constructive suggestions, criticisms, and corrections to our products, which will help us do better.
Thank you very much for your support and understanding.

Also: Surprises keep coming soon.

Hello, thank you for your open words. I would say that everybody who is reasonable must admire the path that Haolonggod has taken during this year. Within less than 12 months they are now pulling out models that can easily match with those of established top companies like PNSO or studios that produce resin models. In addition, Haolonggood has been bold enough to start making large sauropod models which no other company had the courage to do (with very few notable exceptions). Decent sauropod models are now affordable for many collectors, whereas at former times the only option was to buy resin models from art studios at 500 USD or more for painted models. And the smaller models of herbivores and now also theropods are affordable for many more people and I would say even for children.

Of course some models have small inaccuracies as actually nearly all models from other companies have as well. And we should not forget that some features of the dinosaurs are still being debated among experts, so what might be considered inaccurate by some is viewed as exactly correct by others. The best example is the lip discussion for theropods and then the recent example of the thumb claws on the PNSO Alamosaurus. Many experts have criticized this and Halolonggood had the thumb claw correctly on the Apatosaurus and then no thumb claw on the Ampelosaurus which is also considered correct by most experts.

What might be useful actually would be if Haolonggood would invite people from this forum with a strong track record of being experts in certain groups of dinosaurs for non public review of initial designs of new models. So they would be able to collect feedback but could still surprise us.

Sim

Thanks for the photo and info on the Baryonyx, vampiredesign!  I intend to get both versions of it now! :)

bmathison1972

there was a link earlier with a hint at a hadrosaur or similar. Has the genus been confirmed or still just a tease?

Sim

I find the small figure intriguing, I wonder what it is?  I gather it's bipedal.  Gallimimus or Austroraptor perhaps?  Since Haolonggood is making a small animal, it looks like Kentrosaurus is indeed possible to be made by them after all!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 29, 2023, 04:34:03 PMthere was a link earlier with a hint at a hadrosaur or similar. Has the genus been confirmed or still just a tease?
Still just a tease, but there was an Edmontosaurus (annectens) on the works so that it could fairly be the mysterious duckbill. Nevertheless, we can daydream about other genus in the meantime hehehe

thomasw100

I would not be completely surprised if we will get another heads on competition case with Edmontosaurus, with both Haolonggood and PNSO releasing one in the next couple of months.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: