News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 30, 2023, 03:46:48 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 03:27:01 AMThank you all for your support. In fact, we have tried some communication methods during the design process, but it is difficult to reach consensus in terms of efficiency and opinions. We have met some of the requirements, but not the other ones. We happened to be in a meeting this morning to discuss this matter. We will also try some, but we don't want to affect future development and production. We hope everyone can understand that we don't have enough manpower to do more work. The new product will be announced next week, which is a duck that I really like.
Cheer up! HaoLongGood has proved to be a very passionate and warm-hearted brand! Also thanks for the constant updates, we will encourage every new release with a lot of hype! Now, there is nothing more to say rather than...
 Duck-cember is coming! :))

Not to derail the thread but I actually got to see that duck this past summer.  :))

LucasLiu

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 03:27:01 AMThank you all for your support. In fact, we have tried some communication methods during the design process, but it is difficult to reach consensus in terms of efficiency and opinions. We have met some of the requirements, but not the other ones. We happened to be in a meeting this morning to discuss this matter. We will also try some, but we don't want to affect future development and production. We hope everyone can understand that we don't have enough manpower to do more work. The new product will be announced next week, which is a duck that I really like.
halszkaraptor?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Gwangi on November 30, 2023, 01:20:50 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 30, 2023, 03:46:48 AM
Cheer up! HaoLongGood has proved to be a very passionate and warm-hearted brand! Also thanks for the constant updates, we will encourage every new release with a lot of hype! Now, there is nothing more to say rather than...
 Duck-cember is coming! :))

Not to derail the thread but I actually got to see that duck this past summer.  :))
Haha that's nice, surely a quacking experience  :P

Concavenator

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 29, 2023, 05:51:05 PMStill just a tease, but there was an Edmontosaurus (annectens) on the works

Why do you say they have an E. annectens on the works? Unless I missed something, HLG simply confirmed they were working on an Edmontosaurus, no mention of the species.

Quote from: LucasLiu on November 30, 2023, 01:58:55 PMhalszkaraptor?

Oh I would adore that, but I believe V @vampiredesign was referring to Edmontosaurus.

LucasLiu

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 29, 2023, 05:51:05 PMStill just a tease, but there was an Edmontosaurus (annectens) on the works

Why do you say they have an E. annectens on the works? Unless I missed something, HLG simply confirmed they were working on an Edmontosaurus, no mention of the species.

Oh I would adore that, but I believe V @vampiredesign was referring to Edmontosaurus.

I wrote it in parenthesis just as guessing, I know they only confirmed the species.

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 30, 2023, 11:00:01 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 30, 2023, 08:46:07 AMYou obviously continue to misrepresent the content of my original post expressing concern about the repeated teasers of the forthcoming Alamosaurus, despite my very detailed follow-up post that explained why I was concerned that this could have a negative impact on the success of the Alamosaurus model (and negatively affect the possibilities for more large sauropod models). It is of course very easy to ignore the facts and details of this reasoning and just get on the personal level and label this as impatience. But this is not what a fair and balanced discussion would look like.

T @thomasw100 My original reaction to that post stuck more than I realised; didn't mean to raise any ire. I'll correct "complaining" to "remarking", would that be better?

Here's to more fair and balanced discussions on this forum 👍🏼

Hi there, thank you for your understanding. If you look at my posts in this thread, you will see that I have been very positive about Haolonggood and their models. I got many of their models and I am particularly happy that they started to make sauropods in 1:35 scale. This is why in view of the fact that PNSO has now released their Alamosaurus (despite its issues with the thumb claws and the moderate size) earlier and right in time for the Christmas sale made me concerned that the Haolonggood Alamosaurus would come too late. And without knowing how exactly the Haolongood Alamosaurus would look like many people might settle now for the PNSO model because they know what they will be getting. And the prospects of getting more large sauropods in the future appears to be pretty much dependent on the success of this Alamosaurus just because the costs of investment into this model would be so large. No company can afford to invest into such a flagship project without having success with it (i.e. very good sales figures). This is why it would be great if we can see how this Alamosaurus looks like even if it will take couple months until the model is being produced. Collectors who need to decide between the PNSO and the Haolonggood model could then make an informed decision and I strongly believe that many people would go for the Haolonggood one just because it will have such an impressive size. If I expressed that I wish Haolonggood to release the full images of their Alamosaurus the sooner the better it was because I care about this being a great success for the long-term benefit of the community.

Sim

I think the Haolonggood Baryonyx is perfect.  Extant reptiles can have some "shrink-wrapping" on their heads, so I don't see a problem with the degree of it on the Baryonyx.  It's true that no theropod has the display spines preserved, but such display structures don't seem unrealistic to me.  No-one complains about the speculative soft-tissue structures such as the Dreadnoughtus's neck air sacs or the Triceratops nose balloons despite there being no evidence for them.  They are proposed by a palaeontologist, but even so if they aren't a problem then I think the spines on Haolonggood's Baryonyx aren't a problem either.  So little integument is preserved for scaly theropods that I think it's not helpful to stick to just what is preserved, when dealing with disparate animals.

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on November 30, 2023, 10:57:42 PMI think the Haolonggood Baryonyx is perfect.  Extant reptiles can have some "shrink-wrapping" on their heads, so I don't see a problem with the degree of it on the Baryonyx.  It's true that no theropod has the display spines preserved, but such display structures don't seem unrealistic to me.  No-one complains about the speculative soft-tissue structures such as the Dreadnoughtus's neck air sacs or the Triceratops nose balloons despite there being no evidence for them.  They are proposed by a palaeontologist, but even so if they aren't a problem then I think the spines on Haolonggood's Baryonyx aren't a problem either.  So little integument is preserved for scaly theropods that I think it's not helpful to stick to just what is preserved, when dealing with disparate animals.

My personal issue is more so the jaw looks a bit odd (not anatomy-wise, the jaw joint just sticks out a lot)

But that really doesn't make it a worse figure at all, just a tiny pet peeve
An oversized house cat.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 29, 2023, 02:28:18 AMI will first answer a few questions and questions, first about the chin. (Everyone is busy with the new product) In the afternoon, I will send out photos of the product's chin. The chin in the video is a bit misaligned, so it may be that this player has won a prize. Next is the small dinosaur, and currently the main problem is standing. I don't really want to have a foundation or a disc on the soles of my feet, so there is currently no suitable solution. Then there is the issue of market prices, which is a very awkward thing. Calculating the labor cost of small products compared to large ones。Thank you very much for your support.

I have some suggestions for the smaller figures, if you want to price them similarly to the other releases you could include multiple figures with different poses in the same box, similar to what you did with the dilophosaur. As for the issue of stability you could include a base that the figures can be placed into to create a small diorama.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I do appreciate your take on this, and a reminder to have more nuance with something like this, something that's sometimes hard for me to do with being autistic (which in itself is a spectrum, and you would think I would know better due to that, but anyways). You are right with how little material is, there is room for more interpretations/artistic license. It's why I said I was being a "purist or whatever" in one of my other comments, in the sense of sticking to only known material, since I'm also aware it is a very small portion (such as the paper I also shared above). I don't think it detracts from it too much visually (nor the Dilophosaurus). And you think what's there is within reason (what I called the shrinkwrapping)? It was kind of reminding me of the Jurassic World Baryonyx honestly (though I dare say Haolonggood's is a masterpiece compared to what they did there).

I know this topic has come up before, but any quick examples to jog my memory with?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Thanks Faelrin!  Some examples of "shrinkwrapping" in living reptiles:

Fenestrae are visible behind the eyes in the two gharials closest to the river.  It's not very obvious but I used this photo as it shows wild gharials with that feature, in case it's helpful.
  (Image source)

This is a gharial in a zoo with the fenestrae behind the eyes clearly visible.
  (Image source)

Also, doing a Google images search for "monitor lizard eye" shows some photos of monitor lizards with the eye socket demarcated.

SidB

I find this a good example, avatar_Sim @Sim , of the type of argumentation that is very helpful in overcoming the sort of mental conditioning that leads to an excessive "either/or" approach as applied to evaluating and making judgements in general. True, many things really are either/or, BUT, others can be "both/and". Your example here is a good case in point, an encouragement to avoid becoming too wooden in our reasoning.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for the help there again. I wonder if something like this is circumstantial, and I wonder where it would be more of an appropriate look versus the opposite? Probably too little info to know without a paper explicitly tackling this perhaps? I'm guessing there's also a line to be drawn if it resulted in a skeletal looking starved animal (like a lot of 80's-2000's paleoart I think)? I don't think Haolonggood's Baryonyx, etc looks like a starved animal however, so those gharial (and monitor) comparisons help it look like it might be within reason.

While I can't get to it this year, I am also looking forward to picking up this Baryonyx (pair) at some point next year. While I have the Safari Ltd one, and while I think the coloration on it is fine, I do also like the colorations Haolonggood has went with for these two. Edit: I am definitely curious to see how these compare with the above Safari mentioned Safari figure, as well as PNSO's Suchomimus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

dragon53

thomasw100

First pictures of the Haolonggood Alamosaurus as per Paleofiguras. What an amazing model. What a presence. And I would say the paint scheme fits along the PNSO Alamo quite nicely:

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 02, 2023, 05:01:41 PMFirst pictures of the Haolonggood Alamosaurus as per Paleofiguras. What an amazing model. What a presence. And I would say the paint scheme fits along the PNSO Alamo quite nicely:

As a gentle giant should look like, with such an amazing presence. It looks fantastic and a joy to the eye!  ;D

ceratopsian

Very handsome beast. I'm looking forward enormously to this one. I wonder if we will get two colour schemes this time?

TooOldForDinosaurs

Pinbacker

Wow that looks incredible

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: