News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 29, 2023, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 29, 2023, 04:34:03 PMthere was a link earlier with a hint at a hadrosaur or similar. Has the genus been confirmed or still just a tease?
Still just a tease, but there was an Edmontosaurus (annectens) on the works so that it could fairly be the mysterious duckbill. Nevertheless, we can daydream about other genus in the meantime hehehe

Well, my Edmontosaurus is E. regalis (Safari), so I welcome E. annectens  ^-^

Faelrin

V @vampiredesign Thanks for sharing that batch pic. It does look like the one previously shown here with the overbite just might have been an iffy sample. All those look really decent. I'm glad your team is still open to constructive criticism. I think one thing to pay attention too would be to avoid shrinkwrapping (not really problematic with the herbivores as I've seen, but does affect some of the theropods), such as having the holes on the skull over exposed. It's an issue on this Baryonyx, which I think is the only thing really holding it back (maybe other then the spikes past the hips, but that's me being a purist or whatever, as nothing like that has been found within theropod dinosaurs, at least so far).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DefinitelyNOTDilo

V @vampiredesign thanks for the response! It sucks to hear about the harassment (at least that's what I gathered.) I think I can speak for most people here when I say you and your team are doing a tremendous job with these figures, and I look forward to your next release!

vampiredesign

Thank you all for your support. In fact, we have tried some communication methods during the design process, but it is difficult to reach consensus in terms of efficiency and opinions. We have met some of the requirements, but not the other ones. We happened to be in a meeting this morning to discuss this matter. We will also try some, but we don't want to affect future development and production. We hope everyone can understand that we don't have enough manpower to do more work. The new product will be announced next week, which is a duck that I really like.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 03:27:01 AMThank you all for your support. In fact, we have tried some communication methods during the design process, but it is difficult to reach consensus in terms of efficiency and opinions. We have met some of the requirements, but not the other ones. We happened to be in a meeting this morning to discuss this matter. We will also try some, but we don't want to affect future development and production. We hope everyone can understand that we don't have enough manpower to do more work. The new product will be announced next week, which is a duck that I really like.
Cheer up! HaoLongGood has proved to be a very passionate and warm-hearted brand! Also thanks for the constant updates, we will encourage every new release with a lot of hype! Now, there is nothing more to say rather than...
 Duck-cember is coming! :))

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 03:27:01 AMThank you all for your support. In fact, we have tried some communication methods during the design process, but it is difficult to reach consensus in terms of efficiency and opinions. We have met some of the requirements, but not the other ones. We happened to be in a meeting this morning to discuss this matter. We will also try some, but we don't want to affect future development and production. We hope everyone can understand that we don't have enough manpower to do more work. The new product will be announced next week, which is a duck that I really like.

Whatever you do, please don't lose heart V @vampiredesign ! There is bound to be negative criticism from people because that's just the way people are. HLG have been doing such a great job in not only putting out awesome herbivores, but improving on the quality, accuracy and sculpts of the theropods as well. Keep going, and let your team know there are people who absolutely love your work out there.

Super excited for the next model to be released (:

Blade-of-the-Moon

You do what you can do. I think as far as looking for opinions, I would find one maybe two paleontologists and use their opinions vs asking whole forums and groups for information.

Pinbacker

Haolonggood has quickly become my favorite dinosaur model company this year. You guys continue to surprise and amaze me with the quality and variety of your products, not to mention the value. It's impossible to please everyone, especially in this community. Just keep on creating awesome models; it's easy to see the love and passion you put into each product!

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 04:15:24 AM

You do what you can do. I think as far as looking for opinions, I would find one maybe two paleontologists and use their opinions vs asking whole forums and groups for information.

I concur.

vampiredesign

Thank you very much. In this morning's meeting, we have decided to publicly share with you the development and design progress for next year. Give it a try first. Because it is still uncertain whether what will happen in the future. So I hope everyone understands, after all, the release of a lot of information has an uncertain impact on the company. I hope everyone can provide valuable suggestions here.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 05:16:25 AMThank you very much. In this morning's meeting, we have decided to publicly share with you the development and design progress for next year. Give it a try first. Because it is still uncertain whether what will happen in the future. So I hope everyone understands, after all, the release of a lot of information has an uncertain impact on the company. I hope everyone can provide valuable suggestions here.

Wonderful to hear, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the year to come!

thomasw100

One can also take the number of comments in this thread, compared to that number for similar threads that discuss new models in 2023 for other companies, as a measure of success. Haolonggood has received well over 2000 messages in this thread and only PNSO has received a comparable number of messages. Next comes Mattel with about 1800 messages and then Safari with about 1000. All the others have received 500 or less than that. So what people are talking most about is always the exciting and interesting stuff. And what people find exciting and interesting they will purchase.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on November 30, 2023, 05:16:25 AMThank you very much. In this morning's meeting, we have decided to publicly share with you the development and design progress for next year. Give it a try first. Because it is still uncertain whether what will happen in the future. So I hope everyone understands, after all, the release of a lot of information has an uncertain impact on the company. I hope everyone can provide valuable suggestions here.
It would be a pleasure for all, we surely be eagerly waiting for those designs! It is also very insightful to take into account the wishes threads, or cross reference about underrepresented species that deserve affection.
I think making some polls on determined genera to be included or examined will provide along each social interaction deeper insights on each product :) As long as also, research in some papers is needed. I highly recommend using sci-hub for accessing paid journals, since this could be an issue for better development.
Good luck! ^-^

SenSx

Thank you Vampiredesign, that is very good news to me.
Because I was about to purchase figures of certain species that do not really convince me, but they do not exist elsewhere...(exemple: Ceratosaurus).
If I see Haolong is planning them, I will hold on and wait for them.
So that's a good strategy on your side I believe.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SenSx on November 30, 2023, 07:49:30 AM

Because I was about to purchase figures of certain species that do not really convince me, but they do not exist elsewhere...(exemple: Ceratosaurus).

That's a good point, I feel like that's something I would do too, avatar_SenSx @SenSx . Then again, it could be a double edged sword - already we have people complaining about the HLG Alamosaurus teaser being shown too early and there not being any product images. So V @vampiredesign , while surveying the preferences and thoughts of the masses, remember to stick to what works best for you and your team at the end of the day (:

SenSx

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 30, 2023, 08:04:50 AM

That's a good point, I feel like that's something I would do too, avatar_SenSx @SenSx . Then again, it could be a double edged sword - already we have people complaining about the HLG Alamosaurus teaser being shown too early and there not being any product images. So V @vampiredesign , while surveying the preferences and thoughts of the masses, remember to stick to what works best for you and your team at the end of the day (:

Yes but you really need to be patient in that hobby.
We waited years and years to see some species finally happen as figures.

edu

I've seen this before, years ago, in another community (Roman reenactment). Indian companies would come to the forum and use the input of users to develop their products. It's a really fun process for the users, but it's also a "double edge sword" for the company. People tended not to agree in what they wanted, the development of products seemed to take longer, and, from my point of view, people tended to get bored of the product being developed. Being so exposed to it, they lost their interest soon. The product lost its "novelty value". So... don't know if from a company point of view its a good idea.

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 30, 2023, 08:04:50 AM

You obviously continue to misrepresent the content of my original post expressing concern about the repeated teasers of the forthcoming Alamosaurus, despite my very detailed follow-up post that explained why I was concerned that this could have a negative impact on the success of the Alamosaurus model (and negatively affect the possibilities for more large sauropod models). It is of course very easy to ignore the facts and details of this reasoning and just get on the personal level and label this as impatience. But this is not what a fair and balanced discussion would look like.

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign about the stability issue, I think I mentioned this before, but I highly recommend including a clear acrylic rod with your bipeds. From a customer's perspective, here's why I would do that: I get that you design your bipeds so that they would stand, but if one from my collection starts having stability issues (which is very likely to happen, at least eventually), I would have to come up with a solution myself. That wouldn't be the case if the figure included a rod, like PNSO does. I really think that is the best solution to the stability issue. Even David Silva went the same route with the Cyberzoic theropods. If I recall correctly, HLG's bipeds' legs are made of a different material, right? In that case, if manufacturing that part of the figure is more expensive than the rest, I would manufacture the whole figure as PVC and instead offer an acrylic stand as an alternative.

About revealing the species you have plans for, I think the pros outweight the cons.

- Gives us fans the idea that we can expect something (so there would be no rumours like: "it's been a while since HLG released a figure, are they alright?").

- It can also directly affect sales. For example, you unveiled you have plans for an Alamosaurus. If you hadn't, more people would have bought the PNSO, which would translate to fewer sales of your version when it comes out. Now, there are at least some people waiting for your version because they are aware of it coming out. Or, since you clearly pay attention to our desires as collectors, and you usually tackle overdue genera, you may even very well save some collectors from commissioning figures of certain animals they feel like will never come out.

- If we're aware of which species you want to tackle, we could leave some tips here on the forum about how to reconstruct a specific animal, and you could use that information to deliver a more accurate product. If we don't have that information, then we can't help.

On another note, I'm very sorry for the ridicule you say you're receiving, you don't deserve it at all. One thing is constructive criticism, but your work this year is nothing short of commendable.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 30, 2023, 08:46:07 AMYou obviously continue to misrepresent the content of my original post expressing concern about the repeated teasers of the forthcoming Alamosaurus, despite my very detailed follow-up post that explained why I was concerned that this could have a negative impact on the success of the Alamosaurus model (and negatively affect the possibilities for more large sauropod models). It is of course very easy to ignore the facts and details of this reasoning and just get on the personal level and label this as impatience. But this is not what a fair and balanced discussion would look like.

T @thomasw100 My original reaction to that post stuck more than I realised; didn't mean to raise any ire. I'll correct "complaining" to "remarking", would that be better?

Here's to more fair and balanced discussions on this forum 👍🏼

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: