News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Tyrannosaurus "Sue"

Over9K

Bread

Regarding anyone having questions about release dates, Eofauna have stated "Early 2024"

So I assume this could reflect their previous release dates, around March or so.

Concavenator

SidB

Well, that confirms the articulated jaw, doesn't it, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . The joints look okay with me, though I would have preferred a fixed mouth postion, but the paint work seems to disguise them somewhat. Still a definite buy for me, anyways, being more than a bit of a rexophile, obviously. It will join the pack. I still like what W-Dragon did with their interchangeable heads accurate T-rex, but that would have really driven up the cost of this rather affordable figure to a level unacceptable to much of Eofauna's target audience, no doubt.

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good, would be different if you wanted a looking up pose.

SRF

Wait does that information card say that T. Rex weight was 80,000 kg?  :o
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

I don't have a Tyrannosaurus in my collection and this is the one I'll be choosing. I don't feel the urge to get a Tyrannosaurus though, so I'll wait at least until Eofauna's next dinosaur and see if it's a species I'm interested in before I get it.

S @SidB Yes, they confirmed the jaw is articulated. They also confirmed this is the only paint scheme, there won't be another one like in the case of the Triceratops.

avatar_SRF @SRF It says 10000 kg, not 80000.

Flaffy

Not feeling this rex all that much ngl. I'm happy to wait for PNSO to inevitably do their own take on a lipped Tyrannosaurus before deciding.

edu

Well, well, well... i was skeptical about this reconstruction when i first saw the 3d renders, but i have to say i've changed my mind... it looks really good. It brings something different to the table in terms of t-rex reconstructions, and thats already something to praise. Eofauna has done it again  ;D

Duna

It's just like the render. I'm amazed by the articulation, that's very clever (and unique way, as that's the first time I've seen that).

Fembrogon

I'm really digging the color scheme. I might end up getting this after all.
(though I ought to catch up on their older releases first...)

SidB

Though I didn't mention it, I was curious as to whether there would be two paint variants, so thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  for pointing out that there will be only one.

Faelrin

Hmm, I am tempted to pick this up a bit more then I was initially. Not in a rush though, but maybe someday. Still need to pick up their Diplodocus too. I'm surprised they opted to include jaw articulation at all. I really dig it with the closed mouth option.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Tracewyrm!

What a cool way to do the jaw articulation! Looking at the way they reconstructed the soft tissue around the mouth, I was certain that it would be in a set position, but they somehow managed to make it work!

I didn't even notice the hinge until we got photos of the figure with a close mouth, so that's telling for how well Eofauna hid the joint. Between that and the great color scheme, I'm really excited for this figure!
* (It's locked.)

postosuchus

good figure. brings something new, different from the classics. however, the first toe is positioned too high on this T. rex. so the claw could not be ground down during the dinosaur's physical activity. Giganotosaurus had the same problem.

Concavenator

avatar_postosuchus @postosuchus Really? I don't recall seeing theropod figures with the first toe touching the ground, any examples? Neither the PNSO Cameron, Meraxes, Acrocanthosaurus, Gorgosaurus (for example) have the first toe touching the ground, and I never saw any mention of it.

Sim

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, my understanding is that in these animals the first toe claw would touch the ground during certain actions such as running.  In those four PNSO models the first toe would touch the ground during these activities.  I think the first toe is indeed positioned too high up in the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Sim on December 04, 2023, 09:13:29 PMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, my understanding is that in these animals the first toe claw would touch the ground during certain actions such as running.  In those four PNSO models the first toe would touch the ground during these activities.  I think the first toe is indeed positioned too high up in the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus.
Do you mean the innermost toe? In which case I believe it only touches the ground in spinosaurus and therizinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: