News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I like the mental image of your literary-minded Diplodocus, enjoying a sheltered old age after its tough life, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor!

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 03, 2023, 03:20:30 PMNice hauls, everyone! Keep up the good collecting work!

As for me, I don´t amass as much as I used to anymore, due to the lack of time and money. Still there are many interesting things on my bucket list, but I can wait patiently.

Funnily, today I found a neglected Invicta monochrome Diplodocus, a rare find on flea markets in Germany. The head was nibbled at and it was obviously freezing to death (so far it´s been a snowy winter here in Germany), so I had to adopt it of course.

Now it is watching over my writing process and is as stunned by the frontispiece as I am 8)

SidB

My newest acquisitions - two extremes:

At the small end, the PNSO Wuerhosaurus, a little gem.

Compared to Vitae's and HLG's offerings -

At the other end of the size scale, Samuel, PNSO's new Alamosaurus -

A quick comparison with the CollectA Ruyangosaurus and Mamenschisaurus -

Taking its place on Sauropod acropolis

Faelrin

S @SidB Like the PNSO mini Ouranosaurus, this one also makes for a great baby for the Haolonggood pair. Congrats on the new acquisitions. Love that sauropod display.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on December 05, 2023, 04:09:13 AMS @SidB Like the PNSO mini Ouranosaurus, this one also makes for a great baby for the Haolonggood pair. Congrats on the new acquisitions. Love that sauropod display.
Thanks, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , I've been very gradually picking up these minis, especially the ones that can double as juveniles or even smallish subadults. I'm often pleasantly surprised at the amount of detail on these little figures. Hopefully others may get back onto PNSO's radar at some point; it's been a while since they first became available, good that they're still available.

Kei

;) A bit of an old acquisition, but hey! At least I managed to snag some photos of it!

PNSO Lythronax with custom lip modification by the always-talented dinosaur_models_artworks ( on IG )

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally I have a 1:15 Giganotosaurus!

Fenestra

Congratulations! That looks amazing. How many people are needed to lift that thing up on a shelf? :))

Flaffy

Recent abelisaurs from Mattel. Unfortunately I don't have the Majungasaurus on-hand for comparisons too, and still waiting on RexyReviews to import the HC Carnotaurus. It's wild how different in style and realism the Quilmesaurus and Ekrixinatosaurus is compared to the bobbleheaded Rajasaurus, Skorpiovenator and that travesty of a Rugops. Still wish Mattel wasn't so stingy on the paint department.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 06, 2023, 04:34:29 AMFinally I have a 1:15 Giganotosaurus!

What company made that Giga? looks nice!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Carnoking

Boy howdy, have I been neglectful in sharing my recent acquisitions as of late! Here's everything from the past... two months? Couldn't resist the various sales and what nots that have been going on as of late!

I'll be working on sharing additional photos in the respective threads!

AcroSauroTaurus

Some of my recent additions.
Safari Pteranodon

JW Epic Evolution Poposaurus

JW Epic Evolution Ekrixinatosaurus

JW Epic Evolution Gryposuchus

Hammond Collection Carnotaurus

Beasts of the Mesozoic Wendiceratops

Beasts of the Mesozoic Protoceratops andrewsi

Beasts of the Mesozoic Protoceratops hellenikorhinus
I am the Dinosaur King!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 05:24:33 PM

Beautiful picture. And still some people have the nerve to say PNSO colours were boring :) .

Lynx

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 08, 2023, 10:07:36 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 05:24:33 PM

Beautiful picture. And still some people have the nerve to say PNSO colours were boring :) .

Haven't really seen that for the newer figures, just the slightly older ones where it was getting repetitive 
An oversized house cat.

SenSx

Just receive the Iron Studio Lost World Velociraptor

I knew that figure was going to be underwelhming but I really wanted a 1/10 Lost World Velociraptor.
I didn't know it would be THAT disappointing, it looks even worse in hand.
It just looks soo skiny, the body proportions are weird, the thigh is too small.
The paint job on the head is not good.
Just look at the size difference in mass compare to the old Raptors.
I bought them 120 euros each of them, while that new one cost me almost 200 euros.
I'm almost hesitating to send it back, don't know if that's possible

CityRaptor

Well, I got this Advent Calendar on sale. Normally I think the Minis are overpriced, but now on sale, and since I only have a few of them (out of the species in the calendar, I only had Gallimimus and Atrociraptor, but both in different colors) I think it's okay. Just for fun, I'm opening one door every day.

Currently I'm spending money and free time on a new kitchen rather than Dinosaurs, although I made sure it won't stay Dinosaur-free with those fridge magnets.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

thomasw100

The second batch of nice small models from Dinosauria Creatures will be arriving very soon and I thought I would share a picture of the three little Thyreophora. From left to right these are Sauropelta, Polacanthus and Kentrosaurus. They were all painted by dinocommissions, who works very closely with Dinosauria Creatures.

Carnoking

It's a HAOLONGGOOD Haul-iday!

Primeval12

Nimona (from the 2023 movie of the same name) shape-shifted into an Austroraptor. This is the same Austroraptor found here (https://www.printables.com/model/397237-austroraptor-figurine/comments) painted by me to be Nimona. I absolutely loved the movie and wanted to have a physical object to represent it in my collection.

This may be my favorite repaint that I've done. Not only because I loved the movie but because of the shading and such.

I more or less based the colors off of her in her bird form but I took some liberties with the detailing.
Spoiler
[close]

Carnoking

Fresh on the heels of HAOLONGGOOD, two new friends from PNSO!

Fembrogon

With my Hiya Godzilla from BigBadToyStore about to ship automatically, I took a look around the website to see if there was anything else I could ship with it.
And there was.

Here's the full haul which arrived today:

Eofauna Deinotherium: been on my wishlist for a good while, and it was on sale for the best price I've seen recently. A splendid figure for sure, as I knew it would be.

Kaiyodo Dino Excavation volume 10: now this had me excited the most! I had no idea BBTS stocked Kaiyodos at all, and this set was on sale for price that couldn't be beat. Since they're blind-boxed, I ordered two boxes Just to play it safe...

...Only to land the complete set in the first box! Woohoo! Just one duplicate grey rex. I haven't even opened the second box, so I might hold on to it or resell it at some point. Pleased as punch with these.

There were various other sale items which tempted me, but I didn't want to spend too much. The Kaiyodos and Eofauna were the must-have options.

I'll post a shot of Godzilla in the kaiju collection thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: