News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, August 26, 2023, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I kind of like the Bajadasaurus, although the lack of salad vertebrae is a fair point.

The Moros, meanwhile, might be one of the most cursed toy dinos I've ever seen. It looks like a knockoff 3D cartoon character that glitched and warped during the animation rendering process.

The rest look okay or unremarkable.

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 27, 2023, 08:48:31 PMThe sail vs spines thing changes every 5-10 years right?
I don't know what the exact intervals have been, but your point is good - there's no need to be doctrinaire about elements that are debatable. There's way too much of that kind of approach around. We need to learn to live with a certain indeterminacy, though it's natural to crave the security of an apparent certainty.

Skorpio V.

Either way, there's a chance we're underestimating production time for toys since the paper was done in early 2022. It has to take some time, and honestly probably more time, for a bigger company like Schleich to get a model underway. That is for one of many sculptors to get the green light to sculpt a genus, actually sculpt it, etc. etc. before it even makes its way to a production line and revealed now in mid-2023.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Halichoeres

On the legs, I'm reminded of this scene from the Simpsons:

"Ew, your arm, it's got extra corners!"

The Moros looks like it's trying to warm up the audience of a daytime game show with corny jokes. Despite myself, I'm laughing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Rain

DinoFan2010

Allosaurus is okay, i like the sort of battle-ready pose.
The Bajadasaurus is the same color as the initial paleoart, just like the JWA one.
Brachiosaurus is just trying to show how edgy and goth he is, when in reality, he just wants to look cool ;D .
I enjoy the Concavenator's color scheme, but it's just okay.
The Moros looks like AI Art, and not in a good way.
Stegosaurus is cute and kind of pudgy-looking.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Gwangi

Libraraptor

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 29, 2023, 06:17:29 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 28, 2023, 01:09:57 PMMoros

;D  Don´t we have a resemblance thread somewhere?

We do! I wouldn't be surprised if Willem Dafoe is already in it.

Lynx

Okay now that I am more awake and less sick, I want to apologize to avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy as I misread a lot of what they said, and responded a bit snarkily as well. I had read the messages in an accusing tone and wasn't paying attention, and for that I apologize.
An oversized house cat.

stargatedalek

Was hoping they would at least copy the JW Moros. That thing looks like bad taxidermy.

Prehistory Resurrection

So, Rupi Bolz made an unboxing video of 10 new 2024 Schleich figures, among which are the Allosaurus, Stegosaurus and Bajadasaurus. Click on the "Watch on Youtube" link to be redirected to the video. The detailing on the  Bajadasarus looks bad and a letdown compared to the promotional picture. The colour of the body of the Stegosaurus is green rather than yellow as the promotional picture showed. The Allosaurus is more or less the same as the promotional picture.

Prehistory Resurrection

Andy's review of the new Allosaurus is already up. Definitely better than any of their older versions, but not a big fan of the pose and the crocodile-like scutes running along the course of the body. However, the pose would be great for dioramas, like for example attacking an Apatosaurus. The detailing is also very refined. Comparisons after the review.

Faelrin

Yeah for recent Schleich standards this is decent. The skull is clearly based on A. fragilis, and the hands are in the right orientation. That reminds me I was browsing the website last night to grab some pics for the DTC (which I need to get added today), so should share them here as well:

Allosaurus:

Bajadasaurus:

Brachiosaurus:

Concavenator:

Moros intrepidus:

Stegosaurus:

The Allosaurus, Bajadasaurus, and Stegosaurus are clearly the best of this bunch. Subpar compared to other options on the market, but some of their better figures in recent years.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Eatmycar

Yeah that Moros... that's something alright. Whew.

Fembrogon

Moros looks like a reject from a Jim Henson Creature Shop knockoff.

Flaffy

I'll be honest I'm almost tempted to get the Bajadasaurus if I didn't already have the (superior) CollectA version. I'm a sucker for Dicraeosaurids.

PrimevalRaptor

The Allosaurus really seems like the best of the bunch, the pose is still a bit much for me (and no lips is a bit eh but I don't expect Schleich to hop onto that ever) but may legit pick that one up down the line.
Shame about the Bajadasaurus I was liking that one but the sculpt detail really isnt very nice in the final product.
With every new image that Moros somehow looks worse, it really sucks how they decided to greenlight something like this like...this is low even for Schleich standards lol
Something about the Concavenator still feels off (I think it's the limbs) which is a shame cause the body and head are pretty good.

Faelrin

Yeah both the Moros and Concavenator suffer from unguligrade limbs like was discussed earlier in this thread. Their older Edmontosaurus has this problem as well. Like whoever is sculpting these needs to read up on anatomy, if not working off the fossil material too. The Stegosaurus is almost jarring to see next to those, as it gets the digits and limbs right, as does the Bajadasaurus.

I also didn't think of this earlier, but yeah that Allosaurus might look nice to their older Ceratosaurus, which I still is one of their best theropods to be released in recent years.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: