News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

This is definitely my ideal Spinosaurus.

However, the skull won the vote?!?! No baby Spinosaurus?!?!

thomasw100

Very nice Spinosaurus with great sculpt and lovely paint scheme, but again seems a bit on the small end. Curve length will probably be somewhere close to 40 cm, which will conform to an approximately 14 m long individual.

Primeval12

If it's Lucas priced, I will go for it.

If it is Cameron priced, I will wait for a sale and *MIGHT* go for it. Or maybe I should wait for the Rebor...

Lynx

It's probably going to be too expensive for me. Looks nice, but I have over 6 spinosaurus, and I'm already getting the GR Toys version in addition

I don't see any flaws about the figure itself, shame about the skull instead of a baby, though.
An oversized house cat.

Jose S.M.

It's kind of the first time that my mind went I want that! With a Spinosaurus, but then remembered PNSO prices and that is a museum series figure and my personal hype died up a bit. Looks beautiful though.

SenSx

I realy like it, I like the pose.
However what do you think of the size ?
Can it be 1/35 or still a bit small ?
From what I saw it shoud le 37 cm long for a 13 meter individual.
But it's not THAT far.

I'll have to choose bewteen this one and the Mesozoic Life Spino when it becomes available on Aliexpress, Amazon or elsewhere. (I did not kickstart it).
Mesozoic Life Spino has a better size (maybe too big ?) and paint job imo, and might be less expansive (but not sure), but I think I like the PNSO pose more.

What is your favorite between the two ?

Ambre

The Mesozoic Life Spino to be looks way better but i haven't really followed the kickstarter so idk when it will come out and on what platform.
Since the PNSO one is frome the Museum line i will probably not buy it. Its too expensive for me and i don't think it should be that expensive to begin with

Gwangi

Although it's basically the Spinosaurus I've always wanted there's no doubt that it's going to be overpriced, being in the Museum Line. I have a feeling that we'll see more bipedal Spinosaurus figures in the near future, I can keep being patient and wait for a more budget friendly option.

Shane

There's gonna be sticker shock for sure but this will be a tough one to resist.

Carnoking

Love the erect posture, and seeing as PNSO already put out a mini Spinosaurus I'll take the skull, although a unique prey item might have been more appreciated.

bmathison1972

Is this a 2023 release or will it come out in 2024?

I am seriously considering this one too, although I am pretty loyal to my Safari Spino, outdated tail and all!

Carnoking

I'm sure it will be available for sale before the end of the year. Whether or not it starts showing up before 2024 is a different question.

Sim

Quote from: Renecito on December 20, 2023, 12:04:24 PMAymen the Spinosaurus

I'm very happy with this!  At first I thought it would be too small, but from the last image it can be seen that its tail is actually very long and curves, adding length to the figure.  I think it does end up being 1:35 scale.

Eatmycar

It's pretty... but will it stand?

Also, color me cynical but another Spinosaurus? Again, it's a great sculpt, but why so many Spinosaurus figures? The quadrupedal one they did was well received, but its biggest issue was how small it was. The big out of date Essien with the base was reissued recently as well with an adjusted deco. And now this?

Guess we'll see another 'definitive' T. Rex soon from PNSO as well...

Concavenator

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 20, 2023, 03:57:14 PMIt's pretty... but will it stand?

That's why they include those support rods.

atrashbug

Despite the fact that we've known about this coming up for a little bit now, nothing beats the feeling of waking up to a new toy reveal :]

Also on the size- one of my friends made me worried he was actually too small scaled for a big spino but looking at the figure's pose, I'm fairly confident he should be well scaled after all when accounting for the curve of the tail as well as the bend in the neck. Still, I can't wait for size comparison's so we know for sure.

Sim

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 20, 2023, 03:57:14 PMAlso, color me cynical but another Spinosaurus? Again, it's a great sculpt, but why so many Spinosaurus figures? The quadrupedal one they did was well received, but its biggest issue was how small it was. The big out of date Essien with the base was reissued recently as well with an adjusted deco. And now this?

Guess we'll see another 'definitive' T. Rex soon from PNSO as well...
??? You've just listed the problems with PNSO's other Spinosaurus figures, why shouldn't they make a new Spinosaurus that is what people want?

Quiversaurus

Even though I'm not really in the market for a Spinosaurus, one can't deny that this guy does have a commanding presence about him - he looks so imposing, and that paint scheme is beautifully rendered.

I really like the variation of scales too, especially the larger scales on his shoulders and chest. Really adds to the realism of the model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Size, detail, all are great by me but as Shane said the price is going to be the issue being a Museum line piece. Since it's Spinosaurus I'm sure it will be in the higher price range of that line.

Carnoking

It seems like it would use less material than Cameron so I'm hoping the price won't climb quite as high but I'm still anticipating a minimum of 60 USD. Even with the likes of REBOR and Mesozoic Life, I'll still most likely pick this guy up seeing as there's no telling when we'll see either of those other options.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: