News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

DP

Carnoking

Golly that sure is a stunner. And here I was so ready to pull the trigger on the b variant...

cryolophosaurus

Yeah, blue one is superior. It's like the blue carcharodontosaurus paint job.

thomasw100

Very nice indeed. This is something completely different from the draft version of A that was shown in this forum and also from the draft version of A that was published for the pre-sale. I did not like either of the draft versions for various reasons but this one I really like.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 28, 2023, 05:11:26 PMVery nice indeed. This is something completely different from the draft version of A that was shown in this forum and also from the draft version of A that was published for the pre-sale. I did not like either of the draft versions for various reasons but this one I really like.
Yes, I noticed this too immediately.

I mean it's certainly an attractive colorscheme but vastly darker and less tan underside than what we saw with the A draft.

I am still set on color B. That purple is just what I like on my shelves.

Now I am still in a predicament. I want to hold off on purchasing these said models as I have a few other things in mind before this sauropod. But I've seen some say it's limited edition, is this regarding the inclusion of pterasaurs or the models in general?

PoptartDoodle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Haolonggood used elements from both versions of the paint scheme A. The colors of the original are present with a similar patterning on the body, but the patterning of the lighter color from the revised version is present in the neck, back, and tail.
I wasn't sure if I was going to wait for their other sauropods, but if this is what I'd get from paint scheme A, there's absolutely no way I'm missing this.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2023, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on December 28, 2023, 05:11:26 PMVery nice indeed. This is something completely different from the draft version of A that was shown in this forum and also from the draft version of A that was published for the pre-sale. I did not like either of the draft versions for various reasons but this one I really like.
Yes, I noticed this too immediately.

I mean it's certainly an attractive colorscheme but vastly darker and less tan underside than what we saw with the A draft.

I am still set on color B. That purple is just what I like on my shelves.

Now I am still in a predicament. I want to hold off on purchasing these said models as I have a few other things in mind before this sauropod. But I've seen some say it's limited edition, is this regarding the inclusion of pterasaurs or the models in general?

The information on the web site of Lana Time Shop says that variant C (the plain brown one) would be a limited edition. It does not say that about the other two paint variants.

dragon53

Two questions:

1. So if I order the Alamosaurus Blue version before December 30 from Lana Time, the base and pterosaur are free----but do the free base and pterosaur add additional shipping cost or is their shipping cost free, too?

2. For those in the US who have already ordered the Alamosaurus from Lana Time, were the estimated shipping cost stated when you placed your order or will they be provided later on?

thomasw100

Quote from: dragon53 on December 28, 2023, 07:17:59 PMTwo questions:

1. So if I order the Alamosaurus Blue version before December 30 from Lana Time, the base and pterosaur are free----but do the free base and pterosaur add additional shipping cost or is their shipping cost free, too?

2. For those in the US who have already ordered the Alamosaurus from Lana Time, were the estimated shipping cost stated when you placed your order or will they be provided later on?

Hi there, I have discussed these questions with Lana a while ago. They were able to provide a very rough estimate for the shipping costs (central Europe in my case). They said they are not able to provide the exact shipping costs right now, because the final weight and size of the package are not known. We know the size and weight of the figure but then there are the base and the box as well. They also said that they will inform me about the most economic shipping options for the model with base and alternatively without base as soon as they know that. So we will potentially be able to choose if we want that base or not. In my case, if that base translates into 20 Euro or so higher shipping costs I will go for the option without the base. Lana typically ships by air mail but in one case they also shipped by railway which made things much cheaper (but of course this takes much longer to arrive). So you may be able to select a shipping option by boat I would think.

Bread

Thank you T @thomasw100 for the clarification.

I personally don't want the base nor the pterasaurs. So really if I just want the sauropod, I just wait till after December 30th?

Flaffy

Picking between the HLG versus the PNSO Alamosaurus is getting increasingly difficult.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2023, 07:57:48 PMThank you T @thomasw100 for the clarification.

I personally don't want the base nor the pterasaurs. So really if I just want the sauropod, I just wait till after December 30th?

I would do this unless you want the limited edition variant C, which I would think is not the version you prefer.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 28, 2023, 08:39:40 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2023, 07:57:48 PMThank you T @thomasw100 for the clarification.

I would do this unless you want the limited edition variant C, which I would think is not the version you prefer.
Correct. And honestly all these colorschemes I would be fine with, but I just like the touch of purple it would bring upon my shelf.

dragon53

THOMASW100:

Thanks for the info. I don't need the base, etc., and I don't want to pay any extra shipping cost.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 28, 2023, 04:15:10 PMGolly that sure is a stunner. And here I was so ready to pull the trigger on the b variant...

Same here. It doesn't look quite as much as the JW Dreadnoghtus as I thought either.

My first exposure to Alamosaurus was a grey/blue one..

thomasw100

More pictures of the Sinoceratops have emerged on Paleofiguras:

Ambre

Oh the blue one is beautiful, i love the vibrants colors !

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 29, 2023, 07:57:04 AMMore pictures of the Sinoceratops have emerged on Paleofiguras:

now this is beyond georgeos, while their theropods still arent anywhere near PNSO, theire herbivores are basicly equal and in some cases ( dacentrurus) . the ceratopsian went from weird sockpuppet skin of the nasutoceratops to these lifelike beatifuel Figures , and are (for now) fairly priced as was old pnso. the only issue i see is the white lines and the colors sometimes repeating. will get both of them

Concavenator

If I was interested in an Alamosaurus and had space to spare, I would go for the HLG instead of the PNSO. It's lacking the thumb claw which for derived titanosaurs could be more accurate. Furthermore, it boasts an even more impressive size, and the paint job is in a league of its own. That aside, it's essentially the same reconstruction, well, modern depictions of titanosaurs are (CollectA Ruyangosaurus, PNSO and HLG Alamosaurus, CollectA Dreadnoughtus...).

Aesthetically, I like the HLG Sinoceratops more than the PNSO, not sure about accuracy though. Doesn't seem to correctly capture those knobs avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy pointed out (?), plus shouldn't the frill be oriented more vertically?

Bread

Alright now that's probably their best ceratopsian. Now I have no clue which variant to go with...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: